Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hellstorm

girls: has your boyfriend ever made fun of you for having acne?

my ex would always make mean comments about my face... and his acne was wayyy worse than mine. :ninja:

but it still ruined my self esteem.

my ex would always make mean comments about my face... and his acne was wayyy worse than mine. :ninja:

Wow that is a lil messed up to me. Even if he is not serious, still not something to joke about.

I joke about how ugly I am all the time. Makes the ladies more comfortable being around a handsome young stallion like myself :P. But I would never mention theirs, just like they'd never mention mine... just common courtesy. Assuming it wasn't bad. If I was a total pizza-face I doubt I'd even be talking to girls in the first place. I digress... He's a jerk... Unless you're both on close terms with eachother on your skin's progress, it's not really something that should come up unless he has... issues.

Edit: ^granted I'm not a girl.

Edited by treefase93

Maybe he did it to boost his own confidence about his acne? Or maybe he was joking with you because he knew his acne was way worse, and thought you'd get the joke? A very insensitive thing to do, regardless. Agree with Geeking though, good thing he's gone :rolleyes:

My boyfriend once said I looked particularly scacne-ish (scabby with acne? :think: ) one day. It came out of nowhere, especially since I considered him to be more sensitive than that. It really hurt my feelings and quite honestly just about put me in tears. Not to mention I hadn't slept in god knows how many days, AND he was giving me a ride to a psychologist. Sheesh. Guys can be real jerks sometimes :doh:

Well that is horrible and I am glad he's your ex now.

No, no man has ever made a comment about my face. I would never consider dating one who did either. That's just rude, no matter the motives behind it.

the dude is a jackass. my girlfriend has not made any comments about my skin and she has flawless skin, literally.

My ex was incredibly sweet about it and didn't care except that it was a sign of ill health and made me really moody and irritable. He hated when I wore makeup, hid my face from him, or put prescription products on my skin that he thought were toxic. It turned out he was completely right, too. Anyway, I wish the same gentleness on everyone who has acne. You're still beautiful!

My ex was incredibly sweet about it and didn't care except that it was a sign of ill health and made me really moody and irritable. He hated when I wore makeup, hid my face from him, or put prescription products on my skin that he thought were toxic. It turned out he was completely right, too. Anyway, I wish the same gentleness on everyone who has acne. You're still beautiful!

aw, he sounds like a keeper!

the dude is a jackass. my girlfriend has not made any comments about my skin and she has flawless skin, literally.

good! with or without acne, i'm sure you're cute either way. you're lucky to have a girl thats willing to look past the acne.

What a jerk! None of my exes ever commented on it, and my current boyfriend hasn't either. He's a sweetheart. I've talked to him about it and he says it doesn't bother him.

Of course, he hasn't seen me without makeup yet! :wiggle:

aw, he sounds like a keeper!

yup he does.

my ex never made a comment about my skin, and if he did make fun of me, we would have broken up sooner. lol. i used to complain about feeling shitty if my skin broke out, but he'd always say you're beautiful.

What an asshole. I wouldn't want to be with a guy that was always pointing out my flaws. That's just a mean way for insecure guys to bring you down so you feel lucky to have their sorry ass.

He is just insecure with himself and trying to put you down to make himself feel better. good thing you arent with him anymore. I went from flawless skin to a face full of acne two years ago right after my wedding and my husband always says he doesnt see it, he just see his beautiful wife. You will find a nice guy who loves you for you. trust me. I know how acne can make you hurt. You dont need an asshole putting you down. Its his own issues, not you.

wow what a dumbass, that sucks :(! did u try talking about it with him :S?!

I'm kind of in the same boat. My boyfriend has very, very mild acne (maybe just one pimple every two weeks...lucky bastard) and he hates when I wear makeup or use acne products. He's always told me that he doesn't care about my acne, which does help a little, but it doesn't change the fact that I just want it gone!!!

I'm kind of in the same boat. My boyfriend has very, very mild acne (maybe just one pimple every two weeks...lucky bastard) and he hates when I wear makeup or use acne products. He's always told me that he doesn't care about my acne, which does help a little, but it doesn't change the fact that I just want it gone!!!

aw i know how you feel. your boyfriend sounds sweet :):)

What a jerk!

No, my ex husband and current boyfriend never made comments. Actually, my boyfriend asked me if Accutane was helping (last year). I said, "I think so. You don't see a difference?!" He said, "I don't know. Your acne never bothered me to begin with so I can't tell." Very sweet.

In middle school my guy friend and I would tease each other but one tiem he brought up my acne and it hurt alot. I knew he wasn't calling me ugly because he kinda had a crush on me but still