Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
joga

Back Acne on Accutane

For all you people out there who have been on accutane and contained both face as well as back acne, did you notice any trend in progress??? Did your back acne begin to dissapear before or after your face acne??? I have been on accutane for 9 weeks now and I think im just about done with the IB (keeping fingers crossed) but my back acne seems to have worsened and not really made much progress...So I was just wondering...

When I was on accutane, my face cleared up incredibly quickly. Like I seriously mean, I was a major acne sufferer, and after 2-3 weeks on teh stuff, my face was completely clean, I didn't even know what to do with my self. But my back was a different story. I was only accutane for maybe 7 or 8 months, can't remember, but it wasn't until around the 4th or 5th month that I started seeing an improvement on my back, but by the end of my usage, I was free of back acne completely. Good luck to you, and I think you will see improvements on your back if you just keep with it.

I'm in about 3 months and my back acne is still there and just starting to clear up sorta kinda, and my face is pretty much clear except for red marks and a pimple on my chin. My back still has a long way to go through my chest and neck too.

I would say my back acne cleared up within the first couple months. My chest acne was a lot more persistent, and at month 5 my facial skin was 100% clear. Everyone is different as you can see from the other posters. Just don't give up hope as you're not done with your course.