Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dotty1

Dairy-Free probiotic yogurt & kefir finally available!

Dairy-free yogurts & kefir with live cultures are now available by TURTLE MOUNTAIN!

There is a coconut milk yogurt line and a soy yogurt line:

Soy yogurt probiotics:

http://www.turtlemountain.com/products/yogurt.html

Coconut milk yogurt probiotics:

http://www.turtlemountain.com/products/coconut_yogurt.html

- Certified made with Organic Ingredients

- Excellent source of Vitamin B12 (vegetarian friendly)

- Formulated for maximum calcium absorption

- Contains Pre- and Probiotics for enhanced intestinal health

- Cholesterol Free

- No Trans Fats

---------------------

Dairy-free kefir cultured in coconut milk is also now available in 3 different flavors by Turtle Mountain.

http://www.turtlemountain.com/products/coconut_milk_kefir.html

- 10 Active and Live Cultures

- Dairy Free / Lactose Free

- Soy Free

- Gluten Free

- Rich in Medium Chain Fatty Acids

- Excellent Source of Vitamin B12 (vegetarian friendly)

- Formulated for Maximum Calcium Absorption

- Cholesterol Free

- No Trans Fats

- Certified Vegan

---------

Which is better: Yogurt or kefir?

The answer: Kefir is more nutritious, but they both have their strengths!

More nutritious and therapeutic than yogurt, kefir supplies complete protein, essential minerals, and valuable B vitamins.

Yogurt contains transient beneficial bacteria that keep the digestive system clean and provide food for the friendly bacteria that reside there. But kefir can actually colonize the intestinal tract, a feat that yogurt cannot match.

Kefir contains several major strains of friendly bacteria not commonly found in yogurt, Lactobacillus Caucasus, Leuconostoc, Acetobacter species, and Streptococcus species.

It also contains beneficial yeasts, such as Saccharomyces kefir and Torula kefir, which dominate, control and eliminate destructive pathogenic yeasts in the body. They do so by penetrating the mucosal lining where unhealthy yeast and bacteria reside, forming a virtual SWAT team that housecleans and strengthens the intestines. Hence, the body becomes more efficient in resisting such pathogens as E. coli and intestinal parasites.

Kefir's active yeast and bacteria provide more nutritive value than yogurt by helping digest the foods that you eat and by keeping the colon environment clean and healthy.

Edited by Dotty1

On Turtle Mountain's website, they show all the locations where their products can be purchased.

I LOVE these coconut milk yogurts and kefir! I start each day with a glass of the strawberry kefir, and I feel so energized the whole day. They make coconut milk beverages and coffee creamer, too. All are really SO delicious. (Just like the name.) And let's not even get into how unbelievable their Purely Decadent coconut milk ice cream is! It's the creamiest, richest "ice cream" I've ever eaten! You can download $1-off coupons good for any of their products here: turtlemountain dot com/products/coupon.html (Sorry, I don't know why it's not letting me post the direct link.)

post-118320-1260644948_thumb.jpg post-118320-1260644814_thumb.jpg

post-118320-1260644814_thumb.jpg

post-118320-1260644948_thumb.jpg

Edited by LisaLee

I bought some yogurt & chocolate bars! The bars are just okay to me, I will try ice cream next. But they are expensive, especially the yogurt!! It is delicious, but at nearly $3 for a little cup, I don't think I'll get them again!

Just to note, the flavored variety are probably loaded with sugar. Some might want to stay away from them and go for plain.