Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dotty1

...They are killing us... Slowly.

Mercury found in High Fructose Corn Syrup? It is odd how these things never make the news....

I just noticed that every brand of bread at the store has High Fructose Corn Syrup!! :wacko:

I'm not talking about the cheap brands, but the "healthy" breads at the grocery stores that are Seven Grain, Whole Wheat, Oat Bread, Flaxseed Bread... EVERY Brand puts High Fructose Corn Syrup in their bread!

High Fructose Corn Syrup Problems:

A 2007 study found that High Fructose Corn Syrup suppresses the sensation of fullness and increases the risk of fatty liver disease. It also causes type II diabetes by causing insulin resistance, which is exactly what caused our acne in the first place.

According to Wiki:

A pilot study reported that some high-fructose corn syrup manufactured in the U.S. in 2005 contained trace amounts of mercury. The mercury appeared to come from caustic soda and hydrochloric acid, two chemicals used in the manufacture of high-fructose corn syrup. Nine of the twenty samples tested did contain measurable amounts of mercury.

So, I thought I eliminated High Fructose Corn Syrup from my diet long ago, but apparently I didn't. Where does one get bread without HFCS? Do I have to start making my bread now? :wacko:

Edited by Dotty1

Welcome to industrial food product manufacturing. Corn is cheap. Also do you think that most of those other 10-20 ingredients listed on that "bread" label belong there? Preservatives, stabilizers, dough conditioners... I suggest you either find a good local bakery, or start baking your own. Ezekiel bread from the freezer is good though, and can be found at groceries.

Edited by Drizzler

Mestemacher's breads don't have hfcs either. Or at least the ones I find at the stores don't.

But making your own bread isn't even all that difficult anyway.

A bread machine will pretty much do everything for you, and more than pays for itself after a short while

Mestemacher's breads don't have hfcs either. Or at least the ones I find at the stores don't.

But making your own bread isn't even all that difficult anyway.

A bread machine will pretty much do everything for you, and more than pays for itself after a short while

Do you have a Trader Joe's near you? I get a millet and flax bread there and I love it. I eat it with Sunflower Seed Butter, extra flax sprinkled on top and very lightly drizzled honey.

Now I must make my own bread. I'll probably have to grind my own wheat too.

I feel like I'm living in the stone age.

Do you have a Trader Joe's near you? I get a millet and flax bread there and I love it. I eat it with Sunflower Seed Butter, extra flax sprinkled on top and very lightly drizzled honey.

Yeah, I looove Trader Joe's. Really, really love it.

Never tried that bread though. I'll look out for it

Now I must make my own bread. I'll probably have to grind my own wheat too.

I feel like I'm living in the stone age.

Dont you have a baker near you? You prob can buy grinded stuff there... Or is it all supermarket bread where you live.

Yes! There is a baker near here. I never really saw the point of visiting a baker's shop if all the bread was already in the supermarket. NOW I see why its there :).

Only "Junk Food" bread is in the supermarket. Now I'll be getting specialty bread :).