Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bethany1123

does BCP really work for acne??

OK...so i was on BCP for 4 yrs. i got off last year and during the summer i decided to go back on. once i got on i started to break out for 2 months straight and then decided to stop again.once i started to break out i got on accutane.

so now Im on Accutane and on the 2nd month i got BACK on birth control pills(trinessa aka ortho tri)

for some reason ever since i got on bcp i started to break out more than usual.

its now my 4th month and i still break out with 2 cyst a week. i feel like it could be bcp??

has anyone had the same experience with bcp? should i get off? IM CONFUSED :rolleyes:

BCP CAN help with some acne. Personally, I have PERFECT skin until I went on Trinessa and after two months my skin was wrecked. Unfortunately, I never went back. I'm on Yasmin now and like it better but it's different for everyone. I never had good luck with Trinessa but some people love it

BCP CAN help with some acne. Personally, I have PERFECT skin until I went on Trinessa and after two months my skin was wrecked. Unfortunately, I never went back. I'm on Yasmin now and like it better but it's different for everyone. I never had good luck with Trinessa but some people love it

yeah im thinking of getting off of it. im a little nervouse now the whole process of getting off and breaking out. im on accutane and im FINALLY seeing improvement that im nervous to make any moves.

i want to talk to my Doc but at times I feel like they dont know what their saying and Im the one that knows my body better than anyone.

Im also afraid of Yaz bcuz of all the side effects.

Im just gonna have to get on ortho -low.

how about u try to stop the bcp...because the reason why i am on accutane right now is because of bcp taking for 4 years. after stopping..i was breaking out. i tried to pop the bcp again but i was breaking out with cysts for 2 months. so i completely stopped it last month and am now on accutane. just use another method of contraception.