Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tulipbaroo

Spiro's Initial Breakout

For those of you who have experienced an initial breakout with Spiro, what dosage were you taking? Were you taking anything else?

Also, can I take Spiro with an antibiotic like Minocycline if they're both in low dosages?

Yes you can take a antibiotic with this drug!

i'm on 200mg of doxycycline a day and 150mg of spiro a day, so you can also take high dosages with both of them!

btw, i'm on my 10th day and had no IB i'm sure if I was gonna get one it would of came by now, taking a antibiotic probably helped with that but I was also on it a hole month before I started the spiro!

btw, i'm on my 10th day and had no IB i'm sure if I was gonna get one it would of came by now, taking a antibiotic probably helped with that but I was also on it a hole month before I started the spiro!

I am also on an antibiotic and spiro. I'm taking 500 mg of ciprofloxacin, and 50 mg of spiro a day. The antibiotic kept my acne under control for like 3 weeks, but the spiro is over powering it now. I'm starting to get acne again. It's been a little over a month, so like one-two more months the IB should be done, and I can get off the antibiotic. So, Sunshine, don't think you're guarenteed no IB.

Ciproflaxicin? I was prescribed that for something else over the summer... I think I have tons left over though lol

I'm on Day 9 of Spiro and my IB is horrible... RED RED RED flaky burning skin - I look like I have a red beard. I'm so depressed. I feel really ugly and I hope this goes away at least a little bit.

By the way I'm on 50mg a day no antibiotics.