Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dotty1

New natural medical antibiotic: Chlorophyll & Spinach

Chlolophyll can be our new, all-natural antibiotic.

In the medical field, Chlorophyll is hailed as an anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-microbial and antioxidant. Doctors say it has advantages over antiseptics. Sounds a lot like the pharmaceutical antibiotics prescribed for acne. But chlorophyll is healthier.

Heard about the success of "green smoothies" and how the smoothies clear infections within a week? They all use huge handfuls of spinach. Spinach is the best source of chlorophyll in the world.

Chlorophyll is now used in medical procedures and treatments: Physicians inject it into wounds to fight infections; they put it in the stomachs of patients who have untreatable ulcers with successful results; pour it over wounds of burn victims to stop the smell of decay, to halt infection and to speed healing. It is sold as an anti-inflammatory for Chrohn's Disease. It ALWAYS relieves or cures the most severe sinus infections (Time Magazine).

Research found: It halts tooth decay and gum infections. It counteracts sore throat, pyorrhea, gingivitis, ulcers, inflammatory bowel, skin inflammations, arthritis (a disease of inflammation), and pancreatitis (acute inflammation of the pancreas). It combats candida by fighting fungus and yeasts.

Best source of chlorophyll? Spinach tops the list with 300 to 600 milligrams per ounce. No other vegetables have nearly as much chlorophyll. The green smoothie advocates eat big handfuls of spinach twice a day and say their skin clears within 1 week.

For those of you combating infections, you might want to try eating several handfuls of fresh spinach twice a day.

In 1 week, post your results!

Edited by Dotty1

Currently on my second consecutive day of "green smoothies". They're not green because I put a lot of strawberries, and they taste quite foul and still resemble zombie spunk. Making them isn't my forte, but I can definitely pound them. Would be obliged to share some before afters in 5 days or so assuming it works *thinks wishfully*.

Currently on my second consecutive day of "green smoothies". They're not green because I put a lot of strawberries, and they taste quite foul and still resemble zombie spunk. Making them isn't my forte, but I can definitely pound them. Would be obliged to share some before afters in 5 days or so assuming it works *thinks wishfully*.

Its not the "cure" but it helps.

On a daily basis, I shall add 3 teaspoons of liquid chlorophyll to my diet (available at health food stores) and I will eat several handfuls of spinach daily. After being on these foods for more than a week, I'll purposefully eat a few trigger foods to see how bad the breakout is.

I had inflamed gums a few months ago and after applying liquid chlorophyll to my gums twice a day, all the inflammation and bleeding was gone in 3 days.

So we'll see.

Edited by Dotty1

I just bought liquid chlorophyll from GNC, brand is called "chlorofresh". But mine says to take upto 3 tablespoons daily I believe, are you taking the recommended dosage Dotty1? 3 teaspoons doesn't sound like very much.

Here's another video on the benefits of chlorophyll:

">
Edited by eccentricpuzzle

Is yours 100% chlorophyll? Mine is. Sometimes they sell it in different percentages. It says to take 100mL a day/1 teaspoon daily.

After doing some conversions, I've found that eating a HUGE handful of spinach every day is cheaper than buying super-concentrated chlorophyll.

My 100ml bottle of chlorophyll is equal to 3 ounces of spinach. My huge box of baby spinach is 11 ounces and was $3. My 100 ml of liquid chlorophyll was $11.

I'll save the liquid chlorophyll for my mouth and gums and apply it after I brush my teeth. But I'll eat spinach to help keep my acne infections down.

Edited by Dotty1

At the moment, I'm eating my spinach with a fresh guacamole dip. I take a handful of spinach and wad it together until it makes a firm clump and then dip it into the guacamole. It is pretty tasty. I can easily eat 4-5 ounces that way.

Edited by Dotty1

I make my own wheatgrass juice. Lots of chlorophyll and other vitamins and minerals. Plus you get the x-factors of eating something that is still very much alive.

My parents used to make me drink wheatgrass as a child. :dance:

Last week, I researched the differences between wheatgrass and spinach, trying to figure out which one would be more nutritious. I found:

Spinach has twice as much chlorophyll as wheatgrass.

Spinach has eight times as much calcium as wheatgrass.

Spinach has six times more magnesium than wheatgrass.

Spinach has ten times more potassium.

Spinach has 15 times more vitamin C.

Spinach has 43 times more vitamin A than wheatgrass.

Spinach is just as alkaline as wheatgrass.

I didn't research mineral content, so wheatgrass may be very high in minerals. I don't know.

From what I understand, the wonders of wheatgrass were discovered in the 1930's by a farmer who fed it to his sick hens. Although wheatgrass is healthy, 80 years have passed and we have found that spinach is much more nutritious than wheatgrass.

Edited by Dotty1

Ok, I have no problem with spinach but just wanted to know if you get an IB from starting it? Last thing I need right now is that to deal with after having a dermititus attack last week. Took me 3 days to get it all gone and I still can not figure out what caused it. Elf

I was thinking the same thing. :think: But, I must admit that my friend with IBS had a severe reaction to spinach smoothies so I was thinking it could be highly plausible.

Edited by Dotty1

Hahaha!! I feel your pain - my first smoothies didn't get finished... now I am better at them. What I do: add enough almond milk to cover blades, then add a handful or so of spinach. Blend on a high speed until looks smooth. Add a mixture of frozen raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, and cherries (or pick and choose a couple). Blend on a high speed until nice & smooth.

They keep getting better. If you need them sweeter, you could add a tiny bit of stevia (pick a tasty brand like KAL or NuNaturals).

Refreshing. Still need to drink fairly quickly, as they seem to "separate" as time goes on - it develops a strange foam on top that is not as yummy.

I haven't found the correct "dosage" yet, but at this moment, I am eating 2-6 ounces every day. A container of fresh baby spinach at the store is 11 ounces. If the entire 11 ounce container of spinach is sauteed, it usually yields about 2/3rds cup of cooked spinach. But we are trying to avoid cooking it because it destroys chlorophyll.

Most people using the green smoothies are eating 2-3 large handfuls a day, which is about 2-3 ounces.

Edited by Dotty1

ok so i took it and its nasty. At first i didnt find the leaves nasty. I could have eaten it with ease. Well not as quick but i find it taste good. After putting it in the mixer it tasted way to bitter. Think im just going to eat it :P I mean i snack all the time so why not eat 1 leave instead of 1 chip.

I used to eat a ton of organic raw baby spinach and didn't really notice much effect on my skin, but it's great in salads! I will be starting to eat hemp seed oil soon which is also high in chlorophyll and has Omega 3s and 6s good for acne, so I'll post again if it helps at all.

Edited by QuirkyPixy

this sounds interesting! i would reccomend eating spinach with a orange....the vitamin helps your body absorb the nutrients so this could apply to the chlorophyll also!