Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Denise2

Great Acne Treatment; the Best, actually

maximum respect to the original poster but sorry guys colostrum isn't the answer.

Ridiculous. Acne is caused by a variety of reasons. Digestive health being one of them.

Quite easy to just wave your speculative opinion against everyone else's. No research has been conducted on a wide enough scale to connect colostrum as a potential cure to a certain 'type' of acne resulting from any number of reasons.

Colostrum or raw milk has a number of health benefits and can certainly cure acne. I've drank my second glass of colostrum and raw milk, and I feel fine. I will continue to moniter the condition of my skin (completely clear right now) and post my findings.

Greetings.

I don't want to celebrate too early, but today I drank my first glass of raw milk in more than 15 years.

Prior to this I was drinking 'yakul' brand yogurt drinks. It contains lactobacillus casei. This product is found in most Asian markets (3.00 for a 5 pack of 'yakult', and .99 cents for the same quantity in 'maeil' brand, made by 'hapi foods').

The brand is called organic pastures. I purchased 32 ounces of chocolate flavored colostrum for 10.00... Expensive I know, but this milk is some good stuff.

Check out their website and FAQ. To consume this milk, one should probably train up to it. My digestive system has been on and off. But my body is definitely having a good reaction as of this moment. Crossing my fingers for now. I drank it about 6-7 hours ago and feel good.

I definitely recommend raw milk.

I don't. You have to be really careful with raw milk. You'd be better off drinking no milk, imo.

Greetings.

I don't want to celebrate too early, but today I drank my first glass of raw milk in more than 15 years.

Prior to this I was drinking 'yakul' brand yogurt drinks. It contains lactobacillus casei. This product is found in most Asian markets (3.00 for a 5 pack of 'yakult', and .99 cents for the same quantity in 'maeil' brand, made by 'hapi foods').

The brand is called organic pastures. I purchased 32 ounces of chocolate flavored colostrum for 10.00... Expensive I know, but this milk is some good stuff.

Check out their website and FAQ. To consume this milk, one should probably train up to it. My digestive system has been on and off. But my body is definitely having a good reaction as of this moment. Crossing my fingers for now. I drank it about 6-7 hours ago and feel good.

I definitely recommend raw milk.

I don't. You have to be really careful with raw milk. You'd be better off drinking no milk, imo.

Careful? About as careful as cooking chicken or eating raw meat? Have you even tried raw milk before? Are you scare of pathogens?

Honestly, do some research before making assessments. Raw milk contains colostrum. If handled correctly it is a very nutritious supplement. Your skin is a direct representation of your intestinal lining.

I presume much of your attempts at clearing up your acne is about as speculative as the next person.

As much as I am against accutane, I am sure there are plenty against raw milk. Let's please have a rational discussion with some logical thinking.

I've been drinking raw milk for the last two days, and my skin has never looked better. I actually feel my body yearning for more of that milk.

What do you know about pasteurization and homogenization? Just a question before you start running off on an anti raw milk discussion.

I know that it could cause food borne illness just like any uncooked food. I do not eat any animal product that is not cooked. I'd rather not take my chances.

I personally do not believe milk causes acne, but it may contribute to it due to the hormones in it -- this would hold true for raw or regular pasteurized milk, because since it comes from an animals body ie, it's a part of them, it must have some naturally occurring hormones.

I am not convinced colostrum is good for acne. In fact, I would think the IG-F in it may be bad.

But whatever, drink your raw milk. Hope it works for you and you don't get sick.

IGF-1 & acne

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7608381

and another

Growth hormones and Acne:

Growth hormone is produced by the pituitary glands and stimulates the liver to produce insulin growth factor (IGF). IGF comes in two forms, the more prevalent IGF-1 and IGF-2. IGF-1 can stimulate sebaceous gland oil production and can increase the proliferation of skin cells (keratinocytes). Since acne is produced by clogging of hair follicles with dead cells and sebum, growth hormone can cause acne development. Acne is most widespread during adolescence when growth hormone secretion required for growth is high. Consequently, the growth spurt that accompanies teenagers may contribute to the development of acne

and another

3) Milk-Acne-PCOS Connection

In addition to avoiding refined carbohydrates and highly processed foods, a recent report suggests that you may also think about how much milk you are consuming.

Acne may be caused in large part by the male hormone 5alpha-dihydrotestosterone, which turns on oil-making cells in the skin of both men and women. Cow’s milk contains 5 alpha-reduced steroids and other hormones that can be broken down to dihydrotestosterone. The enzymes necessary to convert the hormones to dihydrotestosterone are present in your oil glands.

These hormones in cow’s milk are particularly high in pregnant cows, which make up 75%-90% of the dairy milk market. High milk intake has been shown to increase blood levels of insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1). High IGF-1 levels are believed to promote acne through hyperkeratinization, a multiplication of skin cells associated with acne.

In a study of 6,500 adolescent offspring from the Nurses’ Health Study II, results showed a significant positive association between milk consumption and acne. The relationship was independent of the fat content of the milk.

Other foods with a positive association included milk-based instant breakfast drinks, sherbet, cottage cheese and cream cheese, but not other dairy foods or foods such as french fries, chocolate candy or pizza.

According to Dr. William Danby, a dermatologist who spoke at the Atlantic Dermatological Conference, “Milk is designed to make things grow. Human beings are the only animal to continue to drink milk beyond infancy, and it is not even the milk of our own species. Young growing humans need milk from pregnant cows just as much as young growing cows need milk from pregnant humans - not at all.”

Many women attempt to minimize PCOS symptoms by reducing the carbohydrate content of their diet and by increasing dairy consumption, since dairy is high in protein and has no carbs. This article suggests that milk products may not give you the results you're looking for. We suggest you increase consumption of fresh vegetables and get some of your animal protein from fish, poultry and egg whites. Refined grain and dairy products are ubiquitous and convenient. But they are not necessarily healthy.

Edited by Anti - Em

Ah yes. The igf1 argument.

Acne is certainly hormonal. We already have plenty of hormones present in our bodies. Many tests involve flawed data (pasteurized vs homogenized vs raw?). Testing between various age ranges?

Do you believe everything you hear? Many of us will selectively agree with things that make sense to us. If we all believed everything dermatologists say (diet and acne are unlinked), we would all still have acne.

I refuse to believe 'reports,' because again they all have some type of flaw.

At first we must believe each individual to be unique. Females should be more careful, I agree, wen consuming any dairy. Before jumping to any conclusions, try something before you believe what you can google.

Try this string : 'raw milk for acne'.

You will find support for the raw milk camp, and of course, equal amounts of negativity for raw milk.

As I mentioned before, intestinal health is clearly represented by the external skin.

Milk, in an unnatural state, can cause acne. Leaky gut can cause acne. When milk is homogenized, it's molecular structure is altered. Homogenized milk can certainly cause complications. If your body does not need it, it *should* reject it. Drinking homogenized milk, combined with a leaky gut, can become a problem. Intestinal permeability is inevitable.

http://www.westonaprice.org/Ultra-Pasteurized-Milk.html

The above link is a bit of information on UHT, a foul way to give milk a longer shelf life and less commercial liability and increased profits.

Most cows today are stressed and pregnant when they are being milked. It does not surprise me that our bodies react in strange ways.

Again, I cannot accept current data about milk and acne, as the research is all but limited (let's face it, acne is not exactly life threatening).

If the studies are conducted using raw milk from grass fed, pampered cows that live happily, consider me sold on such research. But to give people processed milk lacking any nutrition to the point that it is often blue as it comes out of the cow?

America suffers from processed food. If you have the time, there's more info here:

http://editor.nourishedmagazine.com.au/art...d-is-it-healthy

another link:

http://www.marlerblog.com/2008/02/articles...-coli-outbreak/

read the comments after reading the lawyer's case. There is a great deal of opposition towards raw milk. It i so easy to spin something good into something completely negative.

http://www.organicpastures.com/faq.html

Finally, the above is the respectable dairy I purchase from. Read the portion especially about why milk even became pasteurized, and how cows have been treated.

If all food standards were restructured and designed to benefit people over profits... Would acne be so common?

Edited by jarrit

You didn't address IG-F and acne. You can get IGf from other places than milk, although milk contains it.

I don't eat processed food.

I don't drink any milk, actually. So please save your homogenized info for someone else.

If all food standards were restructured and designed to benefit people over profits... Would acne be so common?

Does that farm give you the milk for free? The alternative movement is one of the most profitable sectors of business right now. Don' t YOU believe everything you read. I am the one being skeptical of things, you seem to believe what you're reading. I am skeptical of everything because almost everyone is selling something -- even farms. So you've been drinking raw milk for two days and your skin looks better. Maybe it's working for you or, I don't know your diet prior to this, but maybe you weren't getting enough fats. Fats make your skin look the way you desribed. Time will tell. If it works, good, but I will still never drink or eat raw animal products.

This isn't to say it's not true, but I take everything with a grain of salt. I also weigh the risk/benefit ratio, and for ME, raw animal products get the thumbs down.

Edited by Anti - Em

You do realize there is marginal truth in finding any correlation between outside intake and acne?

Nothing has been guaranteed to work for acne. Nothing.

You are not being skeptical, as if you would only stop to reciprocate your skepticism towards the camp that is anti raw milk.

Save the homogenization info for someone who drinks milk? Are you telling me you won't even stop to read it? I fail to see how this information would be useless if not for you, then for anyone else you know that drinks processe milk?

To see raw dairy as an 'alternative movement' is ridiculous. Human beings have been drinking raw milk until the 1800s (Pasteurization). I'd call the sale of raw milk a normalization movement. Additionally, if you're so into recognizing business trends and their inherent trickeries, then you should know that big dairy sells the most milk and completely trumps small farms dealing dairy.

Igf-1? Please... Like I said, find me a test conducted with raw milk from grass fed cows living in 100% pasture.

You don't eat raw food? What about sushi? Raw vegetables? Wait... You don't eat raw food? Does this mean you eat processed food?

Let's scrap the pride of opinion and get down to facts. I'm going to drink this wonderful life giving food. If I am wrong, I will breakout all over and woe unto me.

But right now, I am 100% clear. My diet prior has been mostly Asian food (Im Asian so I have been eating Asian food most of my life) such as Japanese curry, sushi, salmon baked, ahi tuna baked, subway (wheat rolls), salads (balsamic with many veggies), apples, dim sum (pork). This is mainly what I have been eating, with zinc supplementation. The addition of raw milk and raw colostrum has made my skin glow.

If anyone out there does try raw milk, take it slow in the beginning and start with qephir.

I don't want to have a google debate with you, anti-em. You haven't addressed the flawed data in your links. I am obviously not going to convince you to try raw milk, and am not attempting to. I just want to let people know about my status and how raw milk might be a possible cure.

All people are different.

Edited by jarrit

I don't see a reason to read about h. milk because I don't drink milk. Why would I bother? I know the gist of it though. I'd still rather drink H. milk than raw milk because I don't eat raw because I don't want to get sick. That said, I don't drink H. milk because of the IGF-1.

They started pausterizing milk due to people getting sick from the raw milk. They even tell you on your farm site that you may experience diarrhea from the raw milk, but attribute it to "getting used to the bacteria in the milk...." Ugh...give me a break. Nice spin. At least that's how I see that piece of info. It's an "in other words" keep drinking our product even if your body is telling you otherwise.

It IS an alternative movement. How is not?

I believe raw milk still has IGF-1. It has less than pasteurized, but it still has it. It's inherent in the cow's milk. IGF DOES contribute to acne. There are plenty of studies on this. Or do you only believe alternative studies?

You don't eat raw food? What about sushi? Raw vegetables? Wait... You don't eat raw food? Does this mean you eat processed food?

No, I eat NO raw foods. I don't eat sushi because it is raw. I don't eat undercooked meat or poultry. I don't eat raw veggies, although as long as they are washed properly, they would be fine. I already said in my other post that I don't eat processed foods. FYI: Cooked food does not equal processed food.

The reason I don't eat sushi, besides the fact that raw animal/fish gives me the heebeegeebees is this:

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/3...om-eating-sushi

To be fair, here is another link saying this risk can be minimized by eating the right types of fish raw, but personally, I would rather not.

http://www.sushiencyclopedia.com/sushi_con..._parasites.html

This is a really good one that tells you how to be able to eat sushi and not get parasites.

http://www.charkbait.com/article/RAPC2.htm

And here is one from an alternative site that discusses the risks of sushi in concert with candida:

http://www.articlesbase.com/health-article...ia-1132521.html

I just want people to know that raw milk can be dangerous. I also want them to know about the IGF-1 and acne correlation. I am not keen on debating with you either. You refuse to address my issues, such as IGF, and think raw milk has no IGF, which is flawed. I hope it works for you. I still think the effects are from the fats in the milk.

You do realize there is marginal truth in finding any correlation between outside intake and acne?

Nothing has been guaranteed to work for acne. Nothing.

You are not being skeptical, as if you would only stop to reciprocate your skepticism towards the camp that is anti raw milk.

Save the homogenization info for someone who drinks milk? Are you telling me you won't even stop to read it? I fail to see how this information would be useless if not for you, then for anyone else you know that drinks processe milk?

To see raw dairy as an 'alternative movement' is ridiculous. Human beings have been drinking raw milk until the 1800s (Pasteurization). I'd call the sale of raw milk a normalization movement. Additionally, if you're so into recognizing business trends and their inherent trickeries, then you should know that big dairy sells the most milk and completely trumps small farms dealing dairy.

Igf-1? Please... Like I said, find me a test conducted with raw milk from grass fed cows living in 100% pasture.

Let's scrap the pride of opinion and get down to facts. I'm going to drink this wonderful life giving food. If I am wrong, I will breakout all over and woe unto me.

But right now, I am 100% clear. My diet prior has been mostly Asian food (Im Asian so I have been eating Asian food most of my life) such as Japanese curry, sushi, salmon baked, ahi tuna baked, subway (wheat rolls), salads (balsamic with many veggies), apples, dim sum (pork). This is mainly what I have been eating, with zinc supplementation. The addition of raw milk and raw colostrum has made my skin glow.

If anyone out there does try raw milk, take it slow in the beginning and start with qephir.

I don't want to have a google debate with you, anti-em. You haven't addressed the flawed data in your links. I am obviously not going to convince you to try raw milk, and am not attempting to. I just want to let people know about my status and how raw milk might be a possible cure.

All people are different.

Edited by Anti - Em

You can get plenty of diarrhea from accutane, or any food for that matter.

Nobody is asking you to drink raw milk. Again the results will speak for themselves.

Candida balance? Have you ever heard of this concept? Alkaline vs acidic stomach juice?

Clearly you are not addressing beneficial bacteria in the stomach. Do you have any idea what Candida is? Go google it since you're so quick to believe the first results you can find.

Believe me, I can find tens of articles and postings on google vs anything. Disease statistics are completely misleading, and people believe them anyways.

Again, you have delivered your argument with little backing or logic other than 'igf 1 causes acne' from a few links you've posted. Does raw milk cause acne? I'll let you know.

Just a reminder that this is a colostrum thread. (don't get too far off track)

There is a personal message function for a reason*

Edited by Brissyguy

Milk causes problems for some, and as it can be seen, not to others (why are you guys arguing if we all know this?).

To me, pasteurized dairy products (yogurt, milk, cheese, etc) give me cystic acne and I am not willing and don't have a necessity to consume raw milk products. After reading the works of Weston A. Price, I do include pasteurized grass fed butter in my diet, as well as cod liver oil (Price heats the butter anyways, so I don't think pasteurization will do anything in this case, correct me if I am wrong as I would like to know).

You can get plenty of diarrhea from accutane, or any food for that matter.

Nobody is asking you to drink raw milk. Again the results will speak for themselves.

Candida balance? Have you ever heard of this concept? Alkaline vs acidic stomach juice?

Clearly you are not addressing beneficial bacteria in the stomach. Do you have any idea what Candida is? Go google it since you're so quick to believe the first results you can find.

Believe me, I can find tens of articles and postings on google vs anything. Disease statistics are completely misleading, and people believe them anyways.

Again, you have delivered your argument with little backing or logic other than 'igf 1 causes acne' from a few links you've posted. Does raw milk cause acne? I'll let you know.

No foods give me diarrhea. Accutane never gave it to me either. Diarrhea is a sign from your body that something is very wrong.

I know ALL about candida. I know which foods to eat for them and which not to, which supplements to take too.

I am not going to argue the IGF with you at all. I already stated my part on this.

Why don't you eat raw sauerkraut if you want to fight candida and repopulate your gut? It's raw, so I am on the fence about it, but I may try it, because at least it isn't: 1. Milk 2. An animal product, so it may be ok in that regard. Raw sauerkraut is probably better for your acne and gut than raw milk and colostrum -- at least it's not milk, so no IGF yet it still has the acid and natural bacteria you need for candida and gut issues. Something to ponder...

Anyway, since people are complaining, I don't want to hijack their thread anymore, and I doubt you do either.

I think I will post a raw sauerkraut thread and see if anyone has tried it and knows if it is safe. Considering nobody responded to my licorice root thread for candida, I am not holding my breath.

Anyway... back to colostrum.

After what i've just read it pains me to bring up IGF-1 again but i think for those who have hormonal acne (me included), maybe it would be best to have just one serving of colostrum a day. I'm taking 4-5 grams only at night and it seems to have minimized my noticeable breakouts from IGF.

Edited by maxxie
Anyway... back to colostrum.

After what i've just read it pains me to bring up IGF-1 again but i think for those who have hormonal acne (me included), maybe it would be best to have just one serving of colostrum a day. I'm taking 4-5 grams only at night and it seems to have minimized my noticeable breakouts from IGF.

You think one serving of colostrum would help with the IB that some people are experiencing?

I recently reduced from 6 grams to 3 grams of Colostrum. But I split them to 1.5 grams in morning and 1.5 grams at night. The reason is because I been have lots of breakouts from it last 7 weeks (since week 2 of usage)I can't tell yet coz its been only 2 days since I reduced that.

Just a few things.

The entire planet used to drink raw milk at one time. :D;) The main danger with drinking raw milk would be the transportation and shelving issues associated with putting raw milk on grocery shelves for weeks at a time.

Baby calves DIE when they drink pasturized milk. The enzymes present in raw milk are very important for proper digestion.

If you don't want to drink raw milk, do not drink it. However, it isn't necessarily bad for you, especially if you get it from a reputable farm. I think everyone's body is different and everyone has to do what they feel is right for them.

I do not drink any cow's milk. I have been on almond's milk and coconut milk for almost 20 years. Therefore, I'm not "promoting" drinking raw milk, just pointing out that the main reason for pasturization is due to the issues of long-term shelf life and that kind of thing. Raw milk is usually safe.

Don't mean to derail the thread again, but I just wanted to add my buck fifty here.

Anti em -

I am Korean and eat tons of pickled or raw prepared vegetables. Pretty much all of the 30 or so potential side dishes Koreans eat can provide beneficial bacteria. The big contender is kimchi. It is quite similar to sauerkraut. Read of it here :

http://www.bodyecology.com/07/08/16/lactob...um_benefits.php

Might not be your cup of tea but anything is worth a try.

I imagine all of my ancestors drank raw milk. Raw milk is available in many different countries. The health benefit of raw milk is unreplaceable by anything to me.

Everyone else-

Sorry for the raw milk discussion, but I simply mentioned it because it is such a powerful drink, and it contains colostrum in trace amounts.

But what I was initially describing was the raw colostrum drink that I purchased. As it is chocolate milk flavored, it is easy to consume.

I'm on day three of this drink, 27 years old, and can describe no negative side effects. My body now craves raw milk drinks.

It is a pity that raw milk gets such a bad rap. I don't fear it, I embrace what has been placed on the Earth to nourish humans. It might seem like a radical view, but it is one way we have survived for so long - raw milk.

Almond milk? What health benefits lie in such a drink? I recall it was a trendy beverage that replaced milk to be more 'low fat'.

I am 6' tall and weigh 152. A bit skinny but I hoard my fat. Not calling anyone out, but people avoid fat like the plague. Fat is a necessary component of the human body. If you deprive your body of fat it will hoard all it can get from all the terrible foods Americans eat. Embrace the fat but don't neglect whole organic foods rich in fiber and true vitamins.

I will keep posted... But take caution if you want to drink raw colostrum or milk. Everyone reacts differently. Take it slowly...

Edited by jarrit
Almond milk? What health benefits lie in such a drink? I recall it was a trendy beverage that replaced milk to be more 'low fat'.

Cow's milk makes me mucousy and my son reacted to it as a young child (psoriasis and that type of thing).

If YOU can get raw milk, cool. Not everyone lives down the street from a dairy farm. Not everyone lives in a state where you CAN go to a dairy farm and obtain raw milk. Get it? That's why you shouldn't be but so dogmatic about this issue. If it works for you, great! You just need to understand that not everyone has access to it and even if they could, they might not want to try it. So what? No big deal....but if it works for you, everyone agrees that that is good news.

Almonds are high in calcium. Fat has NOTHING to do with my family using almond milk. I eat tons of healthy fat every single day. I take both borage oil and fish oil and I cook whole eggs in tons of grapeseed oil and coconut oil. I eat as many avocados as I can afford. I'm not paranoid about it.

If it works for you, great! You just need to understand that not everyone has access to it and even if they could, they might not want to try it. So what? No big deal....but if it works for you, everyone agrees that that is good news.

I've been clear long before I started drinking raw milk.

Again, I can't reiterate enough that I'm not telling you to drink raw milk. I'm just attempting to get people to use facts to back up why they eat something.

I found a link which goes over many different points in a blog post, as well as the 15 comments :

http://blog.natural-acne-solution.com/cand...-strikes-again/

It's very interesting to hear so many different opinions about candida overgrowth.

One factor which many people do not take into account is body-weight. But I agree with the above link about candida - this stuff has a life-span and will die off within a day. Your body will have an extremely adverse reaction if totally neglected of candida - the good bacteria in your system will have nothing to consume.

If it works for you, great! You just need to understand that not everyone has access to it and even if they could, they might not want to try it. So what? No big deal....but if it works for you, everyone agrees that that is good news.

I've been clear long before I started drinking raw milk.

Again, I can't reiterate enough that I'm not telling you to drink raw milk. I'm just attempting to get people to use facts to back up why they eat something.

I found a link which goes over many different points in a blog post, as well as the 15 comments :

http://blog.natural-acne-solution.com/cand...-strikes-again/

It's very interesting to hear so many different opinions about candida overgrowth.

One factor which many people do not take into account is body-weight. But I agree with the above link about candida - this stuff has a life-span and will die off within a day. Your body will have an extremely adverse reaction if totally neglected of candida - the good bacteria in your system will have nothing to consume.

Stopped this close to a month ago and dont regret it one bit. This wasnt helping, only hurting. FINALLY the breakout this caused on my neck is almost fully subsided.