Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Denise2

Great Acne Treatment; the Best, actually

To those who have been suffering breakouts for more than a couple weeks after starting colostrum, I would think that would be cause their acne is entirely hormonal, in which case colostrum is not a good idea.

I think its been mentioned before but after using colostrum for an extended period of time, your body is supposed to be capable of dealing with elevated hormone levels so then the hormones in colostrum is only a temporary problem.

I have been pretty much clear for years. I did not get clear from Colostrum.

I do take it though because it's made such a difference in my sleeping, regularity, and mental well-being; not that I ever had struggles emotionally or anything, it just gives me a sense of intense peace and well being. When I did research on it, I read that it helps seratonin levels (80% of seratonin is in the gut, not the brain). I also appreciate the fact that it greatly boosts immunity.

Update:

I have been on colostrum since 12/4/09 but I have only been taking 2 capsules 2x day until 2 days ago. I couldn't handle the toxin die-off symptoms. I just bought some Virastop to help with the toxin die-off symptoms so I'm now taking 4 capsules 2x day. We'll see how it goes. Taking the small dose has not created any acne flare-ups. I'll up my dose to 6 capsules 2x day in a week or two if I can handle it.

I have also been on an anti-candida diet since 1/10/10. I just started to add berries and green apples because I read that the berries benefit candida more than the disadvantage of the sugar. I attribute the diet to transforming my skin. I used to be severely oily and get hormonal breakouts along my right jawline. Skin is now normal with an occasional breakout around TTOM. I still have a long way to go as my pores are very congested. I'm hoping the Virastop will help with my skin as well. I believe I may have keratosis pilaris on my face and read that Virastop may help with that.

Sorry Denise, thought you tried it with your son. Nevertheless I know you're both clear so yay =]

I'm going to activated charcoal and bentonite clay to help with the die off *sigh*

Clc111 do tell if you find any more fruits that are benificial (low carb/sugar) because so far for me it's berries.

Sorry Denise, thought you tried it with your son. Nevertheless I know you're both clear so yay =]

I'm going to activated charcoal and bentonite clay to help with the die off *sigh*

Clc111 do tell if you find any more fruits that are benificial (low carb/sugar) because so far for me it's berries.

Let us know if it really is helping with the "die off" effects :D

Wow colostrum is good for hangover :D Eh btw its around the same. I still get zits. But not that much. Also skin tone and red marks keeps improving. I currently have a few small forehead pimples. 2-3 whiteheads. 5 going away pimples and 2 cysts. And one back cyst. Thats really special. Never had anything on my back. And now i have a 1cm cysts. Really big one O.o It was so big that i almost had to give it a name!

BTW: i had bad diet

Well i still have 2-3 weeks of 12g a day left. Ill still have to wait for results. But im sure that im going to buy a new one. It makes me feel energized and it seems to be helping at least a bit on my face. Also its good for the overall health. (Ive had no cold since taking)

my breakouts are beginning to reduce. last night i went out and smoked and drank a bit, then took colostrum when i got home. the next day i had one REALLY small whitehead on my chin. popped it and now its gone. if anyone is breaking out like crazy after a month, i suggest you go down to 3 grams a day and see how that fits. i noticed when i took 6 grams that my face just felt weird, like it was in a constant breakout and anything i touched inflammed. now everything is at peace, and ill just get the small whitehead here and there. hopefully it'll all go away in a couple of months.

Joris, what, you've nearly finished a whole tub of Symbiotics? One spoon (the one they gave you) morning and one spoon night right?

I haven't bought the clay or charcoal yet, will soon and update you guys. I'm still breaking out.

Just a random superflous question, has anyone tried Dan's Regimen? I'm thinking of ordering it ...

5 days into colostrum and anti candida diet and I feel terrible, headaches and nausea.

yea that will happen to you. Your body is clearing all the crap out of your system. Think about it like this, when you go out drinking, the next day you get a hangover. Why? Well besides being dehydrated from the alcohol, your body is also trying to get rid of any of the alcohol in your bloodstream, so you feel like crap while it's happening. The same thing is happening to you now except your body is getting rid of accumulated junk.

brissy, im almost on 2/3. Im taking 2x 2spoons atm. Im thinking of reducing it. I think I have most of it behind me now. And i want to take a lower dose soon. I will check if i get any new breakouts the next days. I hope not. If not I will go into 2x3g. If not i think im going to 2x4.5.

Goodlife, well what i mostly is this:

mix it good with a teaspoon. On this way i need 3 glasses to get everything away. 3th time i clean the rest up with my finger. works good. Letting the water before you drink it also works.

What also works pretty good is take something that you can close and just shake it a lot. It will be like real milk. Only a lot of really small spicks left on the sides. You can get those away with a little bit of water. What kind of item to take:

-wide enough opening

-easy/good closable

-able to drink out of it

-able to clean the sides

-I would prefer glass but i dont have it. I have plastic, but i dont like i have the feeling that bendable plastic is bad...

Hope this helps...

Edited by joris
Joris, what, you've nearly finished a whole tub of Symbiotics? One spoon (the one they gave you) morning and one spoon night right?

I haven't bought the clay or charcoal yet, will soon and update you guys. I'm still breaking out.

Just a random superflous question, has anyone tried Dan's Regimen? I'm thinking of ordering it ...

Check my post in here:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/BPS-SAFE-t259325.html

I am considering lowering my intake of Colostrum from 6 grams to 3 grams. Just because I started a Paleo style diet a few days ago. Its going to be 2 months this tuesday since I been on colostrum and I am breaking out bad on chin, mouth and eyebrow areas since week 2.

@Brissyguy - I didn't buy Dan's exact regimen, but I bought the similar products that he suggested and used it for about a month. I would say it helped me some but not enough.

I am considering lowering my intake of Colostrum from 6 grams to 3 grams. Just because I started a Paleo style diet a few days ago. Its going to be 2 months this tuesday since I been on colostrum and I am breaking out bad on chin, mouth and eyebrow areas since week 2.

Ditto! Will be 2 months for me next tuesday and i have just been taking the scoop twice a day now for last few weeks. Still getting a couple of cystic nodules popping up on chin and around mouth, pretty much same acne cycle i have always had. Think my oil production has went down though. Just think mine is hormonal and dont think colostrum can fix that. Will continue onward thou....... :doh:

Edited by JayQ

The Virastop seems to really be helping with toxin die-off symptoms. Upped my colostrum intake and added Virastop about 3 days ago and no flu like symptoms or headaches.

That's good. I don't know if I should start the Regimen or buy Virastop. Virastop just seems like another one of my supplements but the BP might actually do some good.

Lots of people have gotten good results from the regimen but there is a large number that don't follow it or condone it at all.

I have used BP before (Proactiv, even Differin EW) and it was 5% though and made my face red and not better. I do believe 2.5% would help me though ....

I would buy virastop but it's $40 - I would rather buy some benotite clay and activated charcoal.

Brissy i tried it. For 4weeks or something like that. It looked like it was starting to help. But here are the problems:

-after 4weeks my forehead was so flaky, i couldnt fix it. It stayed dry for 1week! My forehead was unable to create any new oil!

-It feels enoying trew the whole day.

-Its so chemical!

-Makes your face dry, your face will age faster etc...

First you make your face really dry with the cleanser. Then you put on a chemical what dries out your face even more. Making it red. And then you apply something thats feel really enoying. Just dont do it. It will only cost a lot of money.

Yah first month is like that joris. After two or three, however, all those side affects are gone. The regimen doesn't work for people who dont give it a fair amount of time, as with any treatment. I mean how long is colostrum going to take?

Edited by AussieSmile
Brissy i tried it. For 4weeks or something like that. It looked like it was starting to help. But here are the problems:

-after 4weeks my forehead was so flaky, i couldnt fix it. It stayed dry for 1week! My forehead was unable to create any new oil!

-It feels enoying trew the whole day.

-Its so chemical!

-Makes your face dry, your face will age faster etc...

First you make your face really dry with the cleanser. Then you put on a chemical what dries out your face even more. Making it red. And then you apply something thats feel really enoying. Just dont do it. It will only cost a lot of money.

In my experience you can't just jump into the regimen. The same thing happened to me as you described it when i first tried it. When i attempted the regimen for a second time I improved my diet and increased my supplement increase beforehand. I entered the regimen when my acne was in agood state and where I wasn't in a state where I could break out easily.

I have been on the regimen for just over a month now and it has gone extremley smoothly, no dryness and few breakouts.

But anyway this post has nothing to do with the regimen as this is colostrum based - SORRY :redface:

My colostrum update - Ordered from vitacost December 29th - still not arrived! I live in the UK btw.

Edited by Idioteque

i would stay away from the regimen, it might even aggravate your acne more plus the colostrum breakouts, that might end up being a horror. from my experience, BP does reduce acne, but it doesn't clear it 100%. there's still going to be more coming, and i notice when i use bp the breakouts don't come out but they stay as bumps under the skin for a long time. its not worth drying out your face, and screwing up the skin barrier. just go with a cleanser and then moisturize after.

Rightio, thanks. I was thinking a lot of holistic people probably would not use the regimen anyway. I can't believe your colostrum hasn't arrived. It took pretty much a month for me too off iherb.com because of customs and quarantine.

I am now taking MSM (5 g a day) and L-Glutamine (10 g a day) along with colostrum. I am taking them all in an empty stomach, at the same time. Anyone sees any problems with this?