Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Denise2

Great Acne Treatment; the Best, actually

Doh again, just found the scoop hiding from me at the bottom...

So from now are you just going to have 1 scoop twice a day? Is it me or does it seem quite small?

The recently changed the "recommended dosage." I am taking 6g a day.

Ok, thanks.

Edited by goodlife
Oh, no Goodlife, I quit taking colostrum awhile back =P I may try using it topically soon though.

you can always mail any colostrum that you don't use to me ;)

Guys I just wanted to say that my iherb order didn't come and got held up for weeks because the Australia Quarantine department thought that Colostrum and health supplements were a thread to national security. What frustrates me even more is that they didn't call me to notify me which they should have, and just left a note. Also they tampered with my Colostrum as the security seal was slightly open and I'm worried about them heat treating it and it being spoiled by other means. Dammit.

The good thing is my colostrum has arrived and I can continue taking it along with my new supplments such as cayenne, olive leaf extract, vitamins, HCL and L-Glutamine.

I have no idea why that wouldve happened. My iherb order got here in less than a week with no threat to national security problems.

Thats true, but it still says 3 grams in times of stress and 1 gram for maintenance.

My skin is like really bad, at least for me and I'm going to be dealing with these red marks for a long time. I hope its worth it.

I was using 1 tablespoon morning and night.

Just for the record, the majority of us are taking 6 grams a day. 1 LEVEL TABLESPOON is 15 grams. You were taking 30+ grams a day. I think it was no surprise you broke out lol. Just putting it out there.

Edited by AussieSmile

Thats true, but it still says 3 grams in times of stress and 1 gram for maintenance.

My skin is like really bad, at least for me and I'm going to be dealing with these red marks for a long time. I hope its worth it.

Hang in there buddy ;) Your not alone in the breakouts.

Edited by dancedd
I was using 1 tablespoon morning and night.

Just for the record, the majority of us are taking 6 grams a day. 1 LEVEL TABLESPOON is 15 grams. You were taking 30+ grams a day. I think it was no surprise you broke out lol. Just putting it out there.

wait I think thats wrong :think:

the 3 gram scoop that is provided with the colostrum is exactly like 1 tablespoon. I tested this out already.

It's really big. I expected it to be x6 times bigger than my 100gram canister. But woah, it looks like it's a few kilos not 600grams. Anyway, I found the scoop with a chopstick. It's smaller than I expected - it looks like a normal teaspoon. I'm going to have one each morning and one each night.

It's really big. I expected it to be x6 times bigger than my 100gram canister. But woah, it looks like it's a few kilos not 600grams. Anyway, I found the scoop with a chopstick. It's smaller than I expected - it looks like a normal teaspoon. I'm going to have one each morning and one each night.

Don't forget to wait 30 min before eating any food after taking colostrum

And wait 2 hours after eating a meal before colostrum

:cool:

Thanks man, I'm in for the long hall.

Btw, where are you breaking out?

Thanks man, I'm in for the long hall.

Btw, where are you breaking out?

Lots of white zits (alot more than usual) on my chin, mouth and eyebrow area.

For the record I stopped taking it as well. I don't think it looks too promising for the Colostrum personally.

This is opinion is simply based on lack of success stories. Denise's son could simply have cleared up based on age and improved diet, in spite of the colostrum.

Basically I can't see any evidence for or against and I can't be arsed being a guinea pig for months.

went down to 3 grams once a day, just before i go to bed. the breakouts have stopped and all i'm dealing with is the past breakouts i got from before. i honestly think 6 grams might be too much colostrum, and that's why people are still breaking out heavily. 3 grams is still triple the dose, so its definitely not just a maintenance dose.

For the record I stopped taking it as well. I don't think it looks too promising for the Colostrum personally.

This is opinion is simply based on lack of success stories. Denise's son could simply have cleared up based on age and improved diet, in spite of the colostrum.

Basically I can't see any evidence for or against and I can't be arsed being a guinea pig for months.

Nope, Denise's son did not improive based on age and improved diet. He had eaten restrictively for YEARS and had 2 clearing spells, but progressively got worse.

If people are NOT willing to UNDERSTAND why they are breaking out and take measures to correct it, that's their issue.

I said I believe on page 2, that if you had tried EVERYTHING and had not cleared, then colostrum would be a good option. I never said it was a "miracle cure", but emphasized that there are other factors at play involving acne, and mentioned bowel and liver cleansing.

What I emphasized was that because colostrum treated several different things:

1. blood sugar fluctuations

2. candida and parasites

3. leaky gut

that it would be an excellent product to add to what you've already done.

My son's entire face would get really red and swell whenever he ate anything. He had very bad allergies to food. This completely stopped due to the colostrum. If colostrum successfully treats chronic fatigue, MS, fibromyalgia, Epstein Barr virus, etc...why wouldn't it be effective in treating acne?

If people don't want to deal with breakouts, that's fine with me. What we need to understand, however, is that *if* you do have acne and leaky gut, then you will have to treat it at some point in time. And you ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS get IB from doing any kind of detox or cleanse. And that is the bottom line. I have done every cleanse known to man and always broke out.

So if you don't want to break out....great. I completely respect anyone who does not want to do that. Just don't infer that colostrum doesn't work because people gave up on it and wanted to eat crap and not do the hard work to get clear. There are about 4 or 5 people who have had great results with colostrum who are posting here. But as I said before, if you follow their results, I believe that most of them had already done candida cleanses and the like.

I would rather people say, "I didn't want to eat restrictively, do the hard work, add some oregano oil, for best results" and be honest about where they are coming from. It's not honest to keep implying it doesn't work when it's clinically proven in study after to study to heal the gut, kill candida, parasites, bacteria, and viruses. These are things I would think people who post on the Holistic Board would be interested in. That is why I posted it here.

Very interesting thread. I thank Denise first and foremost.

One thing I disagree with from the original post, however, is that ALL cases of acne are caused by dysbiosis. Granted, I'm sure that dysbiosis is at least a partial cause in the vast majority of acne cases, but there's no one culprit behind acne altogether.

To those who have been suffering breakouts for more than a couple weeks after starting colostrum, I would think that would be cause their acne is entirely hormonal, in which case colostrum is not a good idea. This goes especially for people who have maintained a very good diet for a long time, and still break out frequently.

However, I would be willing to bet that many people here COULD be getting great benefits from colostrum if they were to cleanse their colons beforehand. If you suspect that dysbiosis is at least a partial cause of your acne, yet continue to break out from colostrum after the general "die off" symptoms have passed, I would suggest you STOP taking colostrum until after you've detoxified your colon.

Very interesting thread. I thank Denise first and foremost.

One thing I disagree with from the original post, however, is that ALL cases of acne are caused by dysbiosis. Granted, I'm sure that dysbiosis is at least a partial cause in the vast majority of acne cases, but there's no one culprit behind acne altogether.

To those who have been suffering breakouts for more than a couple weeks after starting colostrum, I would think that would be cause their acne is entirely hormonal, in which case colostrum is not a good idea. This goes especially for people who have maintained a very good diet for a long time, and still break out frequently.

However, I would be willing to bet that many people here COULD be getting great benefits from colostrum if they were to cleanse their colons beforehand. If you suspect that dysbiosis is at least a partial cause of your acne, yet continue to break out from colostrum after the general "die off" symptoms have passed, I would suggest you STOP taking colostrum until after you've detoxified your colon.

Dysbiosis and Leaky gut are not the same thing. Dysbiosis may be a small factor but leaky gut is not.

Also all cases of acne are influenced by hormones. Densies Son is a teenager and is probably pumping with DHT and Androgens just like most of the other male teenagers. He cleared through colostrum and saw improvement after 2 months.

Everything is interrelated and colostrum treats a lot of these related aspects ( blood sugar fluctuations, candida and parasites and leaky gut).

I would say Oxy Powder is hands down the best colon cleanser. I may do something like a 2 day cleanse of it, since I only have a few capsules left (I already did two full week cleanses, both doing my skin so much good), and then I will start on the symbiotics colostrum which has finally arrived, and take a lot of probiotics at the same time.

About the mentioned bentonite clay, more people should definitely give that a try. I am personally a little skeptic about how well a clay can really cleanse a colon. I know montmorrilonite (which I have been taking for months) and bentonite clays do detox, especially things such as metals, but I am going to guess that an oxygen cleanser is going to be a lot more effective.

How many people here are getting worse or the same acne after taking colostrum? Were these doses higher than those who became clear? I heard something about taking large doses just in the first few days, and then going to the recommended dose gradually. Let's get down to the bottom of this.

Don't forget to wait 30 min before eating any food after taking colostrum

And wait 2 hours after eating a meal before colostrum

:cool:

I've been taking colostrum for nearly two months, this is just my first (delayed) shipment of Symbiotics :)

You can look into bentonite clay for colon cleansing.

I am personally a little skeptic about how well a clay can really cleanse a colon.

Denise-

I know you mentioned that your son got cleared from Colostrum. But I was wondering if you got cleared from it too?

Yes, she did.

I'm about to make a post on a good website I found and it had bentonite clay as a detox as well (colon cleaner). Clay naturally is also a popular facial product because it literally sucks things up 10times it's weight. So I'm guess it works like fibre. But yeah, cheap, funky, and I hope it works.