Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Denise2

Great Acne Treatment; the Best, actually

Isn't that the worst feeling? Whenever I start thinking "hey, my skin is lookin kinda nice!" I feel my face and feel one coming up =(

Is this dosage good?

MSM -> 5 grams a day

Glutamine -> 4.5 grams a day (should I increase this a bit?)

Colostrum -> 6 grams a day (this is what I have been taking and it has worked fine so far)

MSM is best taken at 10 grams a day for a week and then dropped down to maintenance after that. Im not to sure how effective this would be for leaky gut though because you can get other supplements with a much higher sulfur content.

To treat moderate-severe cases of leaky gut, glutamine is taken at 5-20 grams per day. I suggest taking a high dose initially, see how you react and then drop to maintenance.

Ok, would you recommend taking glutamine while taking colostrum?

Yes, glutamine is scientifically proven to reverse the damage and heal leaky gut. For all we know, its more effective than colostrum. The guy in the string theory said to take glutamine for a month straight and that would work. ;)

Glutamine didn't work for my son at all, and he was on it for probably 4 months....maybe he didn't take enough, I dunno. He was on a "kit" that included licorice extract, glutamine, and some other things for leaky gut. He did take more than the recommended doseage, but maybe not enough. At this point I wouldn't be able to state for certain anything except for the notion that it didn't seem to do anything at all.

i'm still confused about the optimal dosage of colostrum. is everyone here doing 1 3gram scoop twice a day? thats about 6 grams of colostrum, and thats quite a lot. like 3 times the reccomended dosage. maybe these breakouts are from drinking too much colostrum, causing IGF1 to raise and making our hormones go out of wack. and thats probably why i'm breaking out on my jaw and neck like crazy, even after 1 day of taking this stuff. i wonder if just 3 grams once a day would be enough to slowly heal you, but prevent breakouts.

and am i the only one here putting it topically on scars and scabs? this stuff is amazing. it makes a nice little mask and it does get crusty and dry, but if i leave it on for like a half hour i notice that my redmarks fade instantly after washing it off.

That's good to know, Swits. People had mentioned trying it, but no one presented their results from topical application.

Glutamine didn't work for my son at all, and he was on it for probably 4 months....maybe he didn't take enough, I dunno. He was on a "kit" that included licorice extract, glutamine, and some other things for leaky gut. He did take more than the recommended doseage, but maybe not enough. At this point I wouldn't be able to state for certain anything except for the notion that it didn't seem to do anything at all.

Maybe the Leaky Gut blend helped his gut to a degree and then the colostrum finished it off :eh:. Leaky Gut is going to take a long time to heal either way. 2 months for judgement and conclusions too early Venam??? :think:

Maybe the Leaky Gut blend helped his gut to a degree and then the colostrum finished it off :eh:. Leaky Gut is going to take a long time to heal either way. 2 months for judgement and conclusions too early Venam??? :think:

Well he was still breaking out before this (from what she mentioned). So I am guessing the Leaky gut wasn't fixed at all really. Otherwise he wouldn't break out that much from every food he ate. I think her son also took Colostrum at normal doses for 2 months before he started to take 3 times the dosage for the next 2 months.

The more I read about Leaky Gut, the more I realize that I probably have it coz all the symptoms that are listed which I have. I think I am going to give Colostrum 4 to 5 months (instead of 3 months) at 6 grams/day before I judge it :snooty: Plus ofcourse a diet similar to anti-candida (which is hard to stick to, lol)

I am at 7 weeks and still having lots of white zits on chin, mouth and nose areas since week 2.

Edited by dancedd

I don't know how long it is going to heal, but one thing is for sure, I can't keep spending the amount of money I am spending right now. ;) The diet will always help, and I don't see myself making a drastic change any time soon. My wildest dream in my diet revolve around adding some tubers, fruits, and beans 1-2 times a week, with 1-2 cheat meal a week (dessert and cheese is the only thing I miss). Still, I don't see this happening soon. Apart from acne, paleo style diet has been so great to me that I really don't want to abandon it. I mean, I have a 4 pack without even trying, no more bloating, gases, stomach issues, etc.

When I think about it, I have had many, many years of stomach discomforts, feeling bloated multiple times a week, etc. I just thought that was "normal" (lol), now I realize that I was damaging myself all those years. At the end, I was a kid (I'm 20 now) so there wasn't much I could do, but yeah, after all those years of hurting my gut I know it will take some time. Still, these changes are gradual, and I should see some improvement in the 3 months mark. I must say that if I compare my acne right now to how it was 5 months ago, you would not believe the difference.

I don't know how long it is going to heal, but one thing is for sure, I can't keep spending the amount of money I am spending right now. ;) The diet will always help, and I don't see myself making a drastic change any time soon. My wildest dream in my diet revolve around adding some tubers, fruits, and beans 1-2 times a week, with 1-2 cheat meal a week (dessert and cheese is the only thing I miss). Still, I don't see this happening soon. Apart from acne, paleo style diet has been so great to me that I really don't want to abandon it. I mean, I have a 4 pack without even trying, no more bloating, gases, stomach issues, etc.

When I think about it, I have had many, many years of stomach discomforts, feeling bloated multiple times a week, etc. I just thought that was "normal" (lol), now I realize that I was damaging myself all those years. At the end, I was a kid (I'm 20 now) so there wasn't much I could do, but yeah, after all those years of hurting my gut I know it will take some time. Still, these changes are gradual, and I should see some improvement in the 3 months mark. I must say that if I compare my acne right now to how it was 5 months ago, you would not believe the difference.

I thought fruits were allowed on the Paleo diet?

The more I read about Leaky Gut, the more I realize that I probably have it coz all the symptoms that are listed which I have. I think I am going to give Colostrum 4 to 5 months (instead of 3 months) at 6 grams/day before I judge it :snooty: Plus ofcourse a diet similar to anti-candida (which is hard to stick to, lol)

Ditto on the 5-6 months aspect. Dont forget that we may still have acne after treating the leaky gut due to other reasons but im just speculating here. :angel:

I dunno, just mix it with water until it's cement like! Put it on like a mask and use it for a few days and see if it helps with anything!

Venam and Jay, I know what you mean - Just when you think your face is doing alright the underground movement comes to light.

Dancedd, I think everyone has leaky gut and candida, but we just probably have it to a larger extent. What are the really obvious, big, noticeable signs? I'm not sure If I am exhibiting any.

I dunno, just mix it with water until it's cement like! Put it on like a mask and use it for a few days and see if it helps with anything!

Venam and Jay, I know what you mean - Just when you think your face is doing alright the underground movement comes to light.

Dancedd, I think everyone has leaky gut and candida, but we just probably have it to a larger extent. What are the really obvious, big, noticeable signs? I'm not sure If I am exhibiting any.

Well these are the ones that resonate with me; bloating, gas, diarrhea, heartburn, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, food sensitivities, poor immunity, candida (probably) and ofcourse ACNE.

Oh okay. Very regular symptoms but I don't exhibit the first half and it's hard for me to know if I have poor immunity/food sensitivities.

Guys I just wanted to say that my iherb order didn't come and got held up for weeks because the Australia Quarantine department thought that Colostrum and health supplements were a thread to national security. What frustrates me even more is that they didn't call me to notify me which they should have, and just left a note. Also they tampered with my Colostrum as the security seal was slightly open and I'm worried about them heat treating it and it being spoiled by other means. Dammit.

The good thing is my colostrum has arrived and I can continue taking it along with my new supplments such as cayenne, olive leaf extract, vitamins, HCL and L-Glutamine.

I thought fruits were allowed on the Paleo diet?

Yes you are right, but I am on anti-candida right now. Just meats and veggies.

Anyone taking Colostrum while on accutane? I've just started with 20 mg/day... I've been taking those vitacost capdules for about 2 weeks now (every morning on an empty stomach).

Well these are the ones that resonate with me; bloating, gas, diarrhea, heartburn, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, food sensitivities, poor immunity, candida (probably) and ofcourse ACNE.

Just wanted to say that all of those side effects are interrelated with digestion as well. Like every single one of them. It would be interesting to see how your acne reacts to HCL. :think:

Just wanted to say that all of those side effects are interrelated with digestion as well. Like every single one of them. It would be interesting to see how your acne reacts to HCL. :think:

Well I don't want to add that one yet. But I have been thinking about it. I just don't want to add too many things all at once. u know? I am going to see if the diet thing will help with most of that ;)

Can someone confirm the amounts I am supposed to be taking?

On the container it says one scoop is 3 grams, the scoop provided is quite small, I just wanted to make sure it was right to take one scoop twice a day.

Everyone has been taking different amounts...some people have been going WAY higher and some have just been like 2-3x regular dose (which is what I did). That would be around 1 scoop morning and night, yes.

Weird, I guess we have a different container or scoop size. Then do 2-3x that I guess? =P Or you could just take the regular dose for a week and see what happens and decide from there.

Doh, I was trying to remember for you but couldn't so I ran downstairs and remembered mine didn't come with a scoop, lol. I was using 1 tablespoon morning and night.

Edited by Jay326