Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Denise2

Great Acne Treatment; the Best, actually

I really don't care if it pisses you off. Go do some reading or buy some colostrum yourself.

The last time I got excited about my skin, it turned into crap hence I'm on this forum and trialling every goddamm thing.

If we want to tell you the results are interesting, then they're interesting.

Brissyguy,

i am on colostrum and i had almost no breakouts whatsoever for the first 3 weeks. This was absolutely amazing. Then in the last week or so my face has turned to absolute crap. I haven't had this many break outs in over a year.

And I wasn't even fucking talking to you in the first place. How is telling someone your results are 'interesting' helping ANYONE!?

I actually have awful intestinal problems that have caused a lot of problems this school year. (Fatigue, can't exercise, developed dairy allergy, large amount of weight loss, add, memory loss, the list goes on..)

Right now I'm on homeopathic medicine but I suggested this to my doctor ( a pretty alternative kind of doc) and he said colostrum is something that can't do any harm. I have to wait a week or two because there are different variables in my medicine/diet that have changed so I don't want to add another thing in before I know if something else helps.

Anyways, a lot of people have mentioned leaky gut and I might actually have that , my doctor isn't sure exactly what is wrong with me yet but I was wondering if anyone could post some helpful links on leaky gut and supplements that help / topics.

Sorry for my unnecessary life story btw..

Also how long, approximately, does candida die-off last? I know I probably have a bad candida overgrowth too.

I actually have awful intestinal problems that have caused a lot of problems this school year. (Fatigue, can't exercise, developed dairy allergy, large amount of weight loss, add, memory loss, the list goes on..)

Right now I'm on homeopathic medicine but I suggested this to my doctor ( a pretty alternative kind of doc) and he said colostrum is something that can't do any harm. I have to wait a week or two because there are different variables in my medicine/diet that have changed so I don't want to add another thing in before I know if something else helps.

Anyways, a lot of people have mentioned leaky gut and I might actually have that , my doctor isn't sure exactly what is wrong with me yet but I was wondering if anyone could post some helpful links on leaky gut and supplements that help / topics.

Also how long, approximately, does candida die-off last? I know I probably have a bad candida overgrowth too.

Sorry to hear about your gut problems but once you know that thats your problem, you can drill it. Overall great things for leakygut/intestinal problems include:

*Kefir

*LACTO probiotics

*glutamine

*a GOOD source of fiber such as glucomannan

If you want some detail definitely read this. Its a post by Serkios about 40% of the way down:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/ACNE-DIET....html&st=20

Edited by AussieSmile

Sorry to hear about your gut problems but once you know that thats your problem, you can drill it. Overall great things for leakygut/intestinal problems include:

*Kefir

*LACTO probiotics

*glutamine

*a GOOD source of fiber such as glucomannan

If you want some detail definitely read this. Its a post by Serkios about 40% of the way down:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/ACNE-DIET....html&st=20

Don't forget to add colostrum to that list ;)

Brissyguy,

i am on colostrum and i had almost no breakouts whatsoever for the first 3 weeks. This was absolutely amazing. Then in the last week or so my face has turned to absolute crap. I haven't had this many break outs in over a year.

And I wasn't even fucking talking to you in the first place. How is telling someone your results are 'interesting' helping ANYONE!?

Yeah same thing happened to me. Only for me it was the first 2 weeks no breakouts. Now its been 4 weeks of lots and lots of white zits :(

@ joris - that's hilarious. I don't know if it's because you're Scandinavian but everything you say is really quirky.

@ microload - it's not meant to help anyone. It's just a sign that something is definitely up. I really cannot describe my skin. It's like a godamm *insert proverbial phrase here*.

@ dancedd - hi :)

@ ladywillow - hi :(

@ Aussiesmile - I ordered L-Glutamine! (please tell me that's the right one) but I was too poor to buy a good probiotic so my normal crappy 2 strains one shall do for the time being. Still waiting glucomannan which I'll take before meals and kefir is damm hard to find. I'm going to the health food store tomorrow to see if they have premade kefir because I really can't be bleeped to make my own weird gunk.

Im 31 days in.

1 scoop of colostrum in the morning, one at night on an empty stomach.

Not the best diet in the world, but not really bad either

No BP in 40 days.

And im breaking out bad. All my cheeks and here there and everywhere other than that.

Its as bad as it has ever been i suppose.

So thats a good thing right?

Colostrum is doing its thing. Candida and other bacteria are being killed off.

Im feeling strong as a bull. All my gym lifts are going up, and my immune system is strong enough to easily fight off a flu that the guys in the house have...

I've probably another 40 days supply left and i'll stick with it...

Im 31 days in.

1 scoop of colostrum in the morning, one at night on an empty stomach.

Not the best diet in the world, but not really bad either

No BP in 40 days.

And im breaking out bad. All my cheeks and here there and everywhere other than that.

Its as bad as it has ever been i suppose.

So thats a good thing right?Colostrum is doing its thing. Candida and other bacteria are being killed off.

Im feeling strong as a bull. All my gym lifts are going up, and my immune system is strong enough to easily fight off a flu that the guys in the house have...

I've probably another 40 days supply left and i'll stick with it...

No, that is NOT a good thing. Have you people lost your minds?? It's bad you're breaking out. If you dont stop breaking out you can scar. Scars are permanent.

For the love of god, please don't stop your topicals during this. Use your BP.

Brissyguy,

Yeah same thing happened to me. Only for me it was the first 2 weeks no breakouts. Now its been 4 weeks of lots and lots of white zits :(

My son started getting tons of whiteheads towards the point where he stopped getting lots of breakouts. He usually got cysts...LOTS of cysts every single day, but then about 6 weeks in with high doses of colostrum, it turned to a coupla weeks of lots of whiteheads, then nothing.

It's odd but it's almost like they went from cysts to normal zits to small whiteheads, but a lot of 'em. At least they cleared up quicker than the cysts. Then, the breakouts just stopped.

Of course he was on YEARS of anti-candida, anti-fungals......I"m sure that made a difference.

Brissyguy,

My son started getting tons of whiteheads towards the point where he stopped getting lots of breakouts. He usually got cysts...LOTS of cysts every single day, but then about 6 weeks in with high doses of colostrum, it turned to a coupla weeks of lots of whiteheads, then nothing.

It's odd but it's almost like they went from cysts to normal zits to small whiteheads, but a lot of 'em. At least they cleared up quicker than the cysts. Then, the breakouts just stopped.

Of course he was on YEARS of anti-candida, anti-fungals......I"m sure that made a difference.

Oh interesting so he had lots and lots of white zits too. Yeah, I have to keep remembering he was on alot of years of anti candida and anti fungals. I agree that played some factor in this :doh:

Oh hey Brissy :cool:

Edited by dancedd

I have a question that hopefully you can answer Denise.

As your son had leaky gut, all the vitamins and minerals and nutrients and supplements he took before may of had little affect ( this theory may be BS but bear with me :cool:). When your son started colostrum his leaky gut supposedly became increasingly better and better at which other supplements would start having an increased affect. (This is actually a caution label on my symbiotic's tub). Did you son start fish oiling when he started the colostrum at which this may be a possibility/contribution to his success.

Dont do this, but it would be interesting if he stopped either/or of the two and see what happens. Thanks for and feedback :angel:

Edited by AussieSmile

Yeah. I take fish oils at the moment too, ran out of my normal ones but I have cod liver (with the benefit of vitamins A+D) but a lot of threads are bashing them. I'm not giving them up so soon though.

My iherb Symbiotics hasn't arrived yet whilst the same order shipped out the same day arrived last week! Go figure! I'm getting p'sed. I WANT MY COLOSTRUM!

P.s: Joris, I thought you were Scandinavian? Or at least European? Anyway, I meant quirky as in good.

I stopped taking my fish oil, I had been taking it for like a month and can't say it's done anything for my skin and the fact that it could even be making it worse is good enough for me to stop using it =P

I have a question that hopefully you can answer Denise.

As your son had leaky gut, all the vitamins and minerals and nutrients and supplements he took before may of had little affect ( this theory may be BS but bear with me :cool:). When your son started colostrum his leaky gut supposedly became increasingly better and better at which other supplements would start having an increased affect. (This is actually a caution label on my symbiotic's tub). Did you son start fish oiling when he started the colostrum at which this may be a possibility/contribution to his success.

Dont do this, but it would be interesting if he stopped either/or of the two and see what happens. Thanks for and feedback :angel:

I don't think we can ever really know the answer to this since my son was on fish oil BEFORE he ever started colostrum for about 3-4 months and I never saw any improvement.

But that leads to a greater point that you make here. Leaky gut causes many, many, vitamin and mineral deficiencies. My son has not been sleeping well for many, many, years. I have been using magnesium oil for some months and have come to understand that optimum levels of magnesium is extremely important for sound sleep. So I put my son on both magnesium oil (topically applied) AND an excellent chelated form of calcium and magnesium to replace those minerals and where he used to not sleep until 2 am (literally), he now gets to sleep at 10 or 10:30. This is very important because he attends a specialty visual arts school and has to get up at about 5:40 am in order to catch the bus. He would be EXHAUSTED every single day when he got home from school.

That's why I stressed many pages back that people don't have to treat their candida, leaky gut, etc...if they don't want to, but the problem is, you will still have other health issues related to this problem. I don't think people really get how adversely your health can be effected by candida or leaky gut.

My son kept trying to tell me that he just had a "sleeping disorder" and he "knows other teens who struggle with insomnia too". He just tried to brush it off as no big deal but when he started coming home and laying down before dinner just to make it though the night, that he was just exhausted. For Pete's sake, the kid is only 16.

I had sinus problems so severe in my teen years I had to had saline injections up my nose (yes, with a needle). I had severe joint problems from years of antibiotic abuse, and a severely weakened immune system.

Just because you don't have TONS of health problems doesn't mean they won't develop at some point. If you have candida overgrowth or leaky gut, other problems eventually develop. It's only a matter of time....

The most important thing to understand here is that my son would not adequately absorb the calcium/magnesium if his gut wasn't healed, and thus, would still not be sleeping well. If the colostrum had not done it's work and healed his gut issues, I could have supplemented all day long and it would not have been absorbed and assimilated properly. That's the big problem with having leaky gut...

Ive been still having some breakouts, but not that much. And it supposed to be much because of the bad diet i had saterday.

ps. brissy Im from the netherlands (europe)

finally my colostrum came in. starting it today with 1 scoop twice daily. ive tried colostrum for 2 weeks already but that was last month and i was beginning to experience die off, so we'll see what happens.

say all 33 890 viewers of this forum bought colostrum hoping, thats over a million bucks in colostrum sales. just sayin

Haha, unfortunately for symbiotics every time you load this page it counts as a page view. I've probably checked this page 100+ times myself.

I don't think we should start labeling everything as die off, it might get dangerous.

Joris; isn't that a part of Scandinavia? ... correct me on my geometry.

If I give up fish oil, I don't know what to try, I eat at least 100g (small tin) tuna everyday.

I don't want to try flax seed because it breaks alot of people out.

I don't know how to get my EFA's either way.

I'm off to buy nuts and look for kefir! Peace ya'l!!

Brissy look up Chia seeds, they have 4 grams of omega 3 for every 2 tbsp's. That is if your body converts the ALA properly. Also walnuts are good and flax seeds have pobably helped more people than its hurt.

Edited by AussieSmile