Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Denise2

Great Acne Treatment; the Best, actually

I was skeptical about the IB but it's the only thing that's keeping me through the days. I don't care what any of you say.

I'm breaking out like crazy.

I just finished my colostrum 100grams and I'm waiting for my big tub from iherb to come. I received iherb's first shipment (chlorophillin+taurine) two days ago but not my Colostrum+Niacin+Glucomannan!

BLASPHEMY!

If it doesn't come tomorrow or EVEN WORSE AFTER THE WEEKEND IM SO CALLING QUARANTINE AND YELLING AT THEM.

EDIT: IM SAD BECAUSE I HAVEN'T TAKEN COLOSTRUM FOR LIKE 3 DAYS .....

You're not meant to jump antibiotics but I've gone without Colostrum for a few days. It makes me feel bad.

I was skeptical about the IB but it's the only thing that's keeping me through the days. I don't care what any of you say.

I'm breaking out like crazy.

I just finished my colostrum 100grams and I'm waiting for my big tub from iherb to come. I received iherb's first shipment (chlorophillin+taurine) two days ago but not my Colostrum+Niacin+Glucomannan!

BLASPHEMY!

If it doesn't come tomorrow or EVEN WORSE AFTER THE WEEKEND IM SO CALLING QUARANTINE AND YELLING AT THEM.

EDIT: IM SAD BECAUSE I HAVEN'T TAKEN COLOSTRUM FOR LIKE 3 DAYS .....

You're not meant to jump antibiotics but I've gone without Colostrum for a few days. It makes me feel bad.

So your glad that you have IB? :ninja:

However, even if colostrum is breaking you out due to allergies, because it rids the body of candida, then heals the gut, it should (in theory) clear everyone in 2-3 months. This time-line is pretty standard cross-brand with colostrum.

How did you get this cross-brand figure? Do you remeber that Denise's son was taking another brand of colostrum for over three months without any results before switching to Symbiotics. I really hope her son cleared because Symbiotics is that much better and not because it takes 5 months to clear with this stuff.

This is my opinion having observed my son during all of this and I personally think that there could have been some benefit from taking the lower doses of colostrum, but I think the healing that occurred only really occurred from taking the higher doses when he started on Symbiotics.

He wasn't breaking out on his jawline and neck from the lower doses of colostrum. He ONLY broke out when taking the higher doses.

I personally do not feel that any of the growth factors actually break people out, but I could be wrong. I have a tendency to break out (occasional zit) but colostrum never broke me out at all. It just gave me a good brain buzz, lots of energy, and helped me to sleep better. I also don't get sick since I started taking it...not that I got sick that much to begin with, but I had 1 day of H1N1 and it was incredibly mild.

So for me personally...and I'm a complete supplement junkie....I will remain on colostrum for the rest of my life, if at all humanly possible.

Someone asked me via pm if my son is still clear...yes, my son is pretty much clear. He gets the occasional small zit that is gone in a day or so; maybe 2-3 a month. He definitely eats much healthier than the average American, but he eats cereal, sandwiches, cheese, the occasional cheese burger, etc....(all whole grain and organic except for eating out). He still eats plenty of salads and fruit as well. His scars and red spots are improving all the time due to the peels and topical stuff he is using. At some point, we want to do other stuff to his sunken scars, which are mostly on his upper cheek and beside his eyes. But he isn't worried about it right now. At all.

Mentions Glutamine... I think Glutamine might be better then this honestly.

I'm thinking the same thing.

Yogurt affects my acne. Same with cheese. Try coconut milk if you really need a replacement.

I just really think this colostrum is starting to break me out though. The same thing happened to me when i was on protein shakes for weight lifting. Started off ok but then i started getting cysts/nodules all over chin. I quit and it reduced, but of course still had breakouts but not as many. That is when i first broke out really bad and i have had acne ever since then. Idk but just seems like a connection to me.

Jay i would definitely keep at your dose at least till the 2 month mark because your nearly there. Acne and all its strings revolves around the gut.

If colostrum is breaking you out, i would still continue, why? because it is healing your gut. If you get off it 1 or 2 months down the track your gut will be much better and be able to tolerate and manage foods/ hormones e.t.c a lot better. If colostrum is breaking you out, then when you stop, you will clear up and have the advantage of having a much more functional inside. This is when you should get on the Glutamine!

Hang in there man, you gotta go through the rain to get to the sunshine!

How do you KNOW that? I mean really know? It may, but I don't know that it definitely does and it seems to breaking people out more. I have candida and I honestly don't beleive in "die off" and purging. It may be true, but who knows? It is such a long process to get rid of candida. I'm still working at it. If I do the anti-candida too long my hair starts to fall out either because I am not getting enough nutrients or it's affecting my hormones adversely, so I do it, but not longer than a few months. I generally stay away from stuff on that list though and some stuff affects me worse than others. I find kefir to be the most helpful thing I've done for it, along with oregano oil and a few other things.

I don't know what the answer is for acne, but anything that breaks you out worse is a bad sign ,because once you start that process it's a domino effect and you have a really hard time getting back to where you were. I just don't think this is going to work judging from people's experiences. I've been on this board since 2003, and believe me, this smells just like every other fad that didn't work for the majority of people.

Die-off is simply a fact. It's detox. Whether or not someone is breaking out from toxins leaving the body too fast (die-off) or the growth factors in colostrum (allergy) remains to be seen. I believe that if new spots are popping up that normally wouldn't if you drank milk, it's due to die-off. Otherwise, it may be the colostrum that's breaking you out. However, even if colostrum is breaking you out due to allergies, because it rids the body of candida, then heals the gut, it should (in theory) clear everyone in 2-3 months. This time-line is pretty standard cross-brand with colostrum.

How do you know this, really know aside from theorizing? True herxheimer reactions (that is die off) are very rare and they are usually very very bad. They usually don't involve acne, either. I think it's a mistake to believe everything you read, especially since most of it is from people trying to sell products. It's possible that there's die off, but I don't think it's a proven fact the way it's being presented here. I'm just worried that people's skin is going to get a ton worse, leading to scarring and be even harder to get rid of the acne that the "die off" created when they stop this.

It's fact that acne is from hormones, but it isn't fact that it's from candida -- not saying it might not be, but it's not certain.

Growth factor being in it is a bad sign to me.

I hope to be proven wrong and everyone gets clear at the 3 month mark.

So are you saying that staying on it 2-3months will heal any gut problem i have, but i will still break out continuously because of the growth factors? That will never subside?

No, hes saying that your gut will be healed and therefore able to tolerate the igg content of colstrum. Whether this is true or not is true is still up in the air.

Dude you burnt through your first tub incredibly fast, you should definitely lower the dose to 1 scoop 2x a day. Less is more.

Anyone else taking other supps at the same time as your colostrum? I got some 99% pure resveratrol powder that Ive been throwing in the shaker and am curious if it could conflict with the colostrum. I also want to start taking a liquid multi vitamin in the morning, with the colostrum. thoughts?

Haha ya i figured it up since i finsihed the first batch in exactly a month which was 595g, so i was taking on average 19.8g a day, yikes!!!! So i am def just using the plastic scoop twice a day now. Its much less and hopefully my breakouts will be less severe and dimenish. We will see once again.

WARNING: TMI

I think I should mention this. I have been taking colostrum for ~ 1 month. During the first 20 days I noticed some mild improvements, no breaking out at all (I also started taking EPO at the same time, which I stopped already because it ran out). Started anti-candida diet about 2 weeks ago. Again, no die offs. I started an anti-parasite/fungal/etc herb medicine (paragone) 4 days ago and I definitely see some die offs. I don't feel too bad but feel really nauseated sometimes. Today I had diarrhea and there were circular white suspensions on the water ranging from 1 to 2 cm in diameter. Got rashes on both of my arms. Acne has not changed though, no breakouts.

I am gonna finish this box of paragone and then move to a normal anti-yeast formula until it runs out. By that time I hope that the problem is fixed.

The theory is that colostrum heals leaky gut right? So it should be healing now that the candida is being removed right? (assuming that's true) What is the other supplement that also helps with leaky gut? L-glutamine? I might buy it in a couple of months if colostrum doesn't help.

What do you guys think?

Mentions Glutamine... I think Glutamine might be better then this honestly.

I'm thinking the same thing.

Yogurt affects my acne. Same with cheese. Try coconut milk if you really need a replacement.

I just really think this colostrum is starting to break me out though. The same thing happened to me when i was on protein shakes for weight lifting. Started off ok but then i started getting cysts/nodules all over chin. I quit and it reduced, but of course still had breakouts but not as many. That is when i first broke out really bad and i have had acne ever since then. Idk but just seems like a connection to me.

Jay i would definitely keep at your dose at least till the 2 month mark because your nearly there. Acne and all its strings revolves around the gut.

If colostrum is breaking you out, i would still continue, why? because it is healing your gut. If you get off it 1 or 2 months down the track your gut will be much better and be able to tolerate and manage foods/ hormones e.t.c a lot better. If colostrum is breaking you out, then when you stop, you will clear up and have the advantage of having a much more functional inside. This is when you should get on the Glutamine!

Hang in there man, you gotta go through the rain to get to the sunshine!

How do you KNOW that? I mean really know? It may, but I don't know that it definitely does and it seems to breaking people out more. I have candida and I honestly don't beleive in "die off" and purging. It may be true, but who knows? It is such a long process to get rid of candida. I'm still working at it. If I do the anti-candida too long my hair starts to fall out either because I am not getting enough nutrients or it's affecting my hormones adversely, so I do it, but not longer than a few months. I generally stay away from stuff on that list though and some stuff affects me worse than others. I find kefir to be the most helpful thing I've done for it, along with oregano oil and a few other things.

I don't know what the answer is for acne, but anything that breaks you out worse is a bad sign ,because once you start that process it's a domino effect and you have a really hard time getting back to where you were. I just don't think this is going to work judging from people's experiences. I've been on this board since 2003, and believe me, this smells just like every other fad that didn't work for the majority of people.

Die-off is simply a fact. It's detox. Whether or not someone is breaking out from toxins leaving the body too fast (die-off) or the growth factors in colostrum (allergy) remains to be seen. I believe that if new spots are popping up that normally wouldn't if you drank milk, it's due to die-off. Otherwise, it may be the colostrum that's breaking you out. However, even if colostrum is breaking you out due to allergies, because it rids the body of candida, then heals the gut, it should (in theory) clear everyone in 2-3 months. This time-line is pretty standard cross-brand with colostrum.

How do you know this, really know aside from theorizing? True herxheimer reactions (that is die off) are very rare and they are usually very very bad. They usually don't involve acne, either. I think it's a mistake to believe everything you read, especially since most of it is from people trying to sell products. It's possible that there's die off, but I don't think it's a proven fact the way it's being presented here. I'm just worried that people's skin is going to get a ton worse, leading to scarring and be even harder to get rid of the acne that the "die off" created when they stop this.

It's fact that acne is from hormones, but it isn't fact that it's from candida -- not saying it might not be, but it's not certain.

Growth factor being in it is a bad sign to me.

I hope to be proven wrong and everyone gets clear at the 3 month mark.

Completely disagree 1000%.

I have done MANY detoxes in my life (candida, parasite, kidney, liver, heavy metal, etc....). I have to say that in every case, I've had terrible breakouts, particularly during a fast.

In the case of candida die off, I have found that there was always a case of breaking out....really bad breaking out in the first few weeks in particular.

I think if you are currently breaking out, you will go in that direction during a herxheimer reaction. And I rarely ever felt like I was getting the flu, although I have been very tired. But running a fever? No, not at all. Sometimes my nose would run and sometimes current symptoms I would have would be exaggerated (I have had dry eyes/reactions in my eyes too), but this will all be very tailored to the person and how toxic they are, how good their liver is functioning, how bad their gut is out of whack, how well their kidneys function, etc.....

Edited by Denise2
I don't get much of my information from websites pushing a product. Rather, I rely on empirical sources. If you would like to investigate everyone's personal epistemology, feel free. As for me, here you go:

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&am...sa=N&tab=ws

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?start=10...amp;as_sdt=2000

This is good research info from the second link:

http://www.orthomolecular.org/library/jom/...v20n03-p193.pdf

These four points form the anti-candida

strategy which was recommended to

each participant in the study. They were

also warned clearly of one aspect of the

anti-candida battle which they would almost

certainly encounter–a syndrome

known as a Herxheimer reaction.91 As yeast

is destroyed, the breakdown products and

toxins released can cause extremely unpleasant

symptoms–general malaise, nausea,

aching limbs, depression, or an apparent

flare-up of previous symptoms in areas

where candida had colonized.

I can attest that I experience severe herxheimer reaction symptoms if I exceed the normal daily recommended dose of Symbiotics colostrum. The recommended dose is 2 capsules 2x day. If I exceed that, I get severe debilitating headaches, fatigue and major flu-like symptoms including fever. It's not pleasant at all. However, I have had candida for quite some time.

I too will provide TMI: I am noticing mucous in my stool that Denise described as dead candida. At least I know I am in the process of killing it.

I have been on colostrum since 12/4/09. Just started anti-candida diet 1/10/10. Just went to the dentist yesterday about pulling a tooth that seems to be infected (root canal that never healed from over 7 years ago - probably because of candida). It is infected and they have me on antibiotics. Now I feel the antibiotics will wipe away my progress thus far.

Therefore, I have added a good 15 billion CFU probiotic to take at night (taking antibiotics during the day) and in between doses of antibiotics, I'm eating probiotic foods (kim chi and kombucha) to aid in stomach and gut discomfort from the antibiotics. I'm also increasing consumption of anti-fungal foods like coconut oil, coconut milk, ACV, garlic and turmeric to try to prevent candida taking over my gut. I'm also taking milk thistle to aid my liver with antibiotic overload. And I'm still trying to eat raw foods to help flush the toxins out. I'm adding spirulina to my green smoothies too.

Am I on the right track to combat antibiotic side effects? Any advice is welcome.

One last thing, I did get two hormonal zits on my right cheek/jaw line area but just started my monthly visitor so that's expected. (I know, more TMI).

I can attest that I experience severe herxheimer reaction symptoms if I exceed the normal daily recommended dose of Symbiotics colostrum. The recommended dose is 2 capsules 2x day. If I exceed that, I get severe debilitating headaches, fatigue and major flu-like symptoms including fever. It's not pleasant at all. However, I have had candida for quite some time.

I too will provide TMI: I am noticing mucous in my stool that Denise described as dead candida. At least I know I am in the process of killing it.

I have been on colostrum since 12/4/09. Just started anti-candida diet 1/10/10. Just went to the dentist yesterday about pulling a tooth that seems to be infected (root canal that never healed from over 7 years ago - probably because of candida). It is infected and they have me on antibiotics. Now I feel the antibiotics will wipe away my progress thus far.

Therefore, I have added a good 15 billion CFU probiotic to take at night (taking antibiotics during the day) and in between doses of antibiotics, I'm eating probiotic foods (kim chi and kombucha) to aid in stomach and gut discomfort from the antibiotics. I'm also increasing consumption of anti-fungal foods like coconut oil, coconut milk, ACV, garlic and turmeric to try to prevent candida taking over my gut. I'm also taking milk thistle to aid my liver with antibiotic overload. And I'm still trying to eat raw foods to help flush the toxins out. I'm adding spirulina to my green smoothies too.

Am I on the right track to combat antibiotic side effects? Any advice is welcome.

One last thing, I did get two hormonal zits on my right cheek/jaw line area but just started my monthly visitor so that's expected. (I know, more TMI).

Where did you get your probiotic? 15 billion sounds alot:) I am looking for a good cheap probiotic in addition to my Colostrum.

I believe it's Nature's Way for colon health. Got it in the refrigerated section of my local health food store. It was $25 for 30 pills. I purposely got a potent one since I'm on antibiotics.

To the person that asked the question - I didn't mean I like the IB. I'm saying that it's the only thing keeping me through the days ie. I'd like to believe I'm plunging into the dark before seeing the light.

For the previous posters as well, so I'm nearly finished my tub of organic yogurt and ya'll said that coconut milk is better. So EV. coconut oil for cooking + salads and coconut milk to replace normal milk? It's got a lot of fat but I'm assuming it's good fat and no sugars. It's all good right? (Not one of those controversial things...)

EDIT: I don't know about other countries but Inner Health Plus is the main probiotic in Australia and it's really simple but has 25billion good bacteria. I've been taking one a day. Hope it's doing it's pull! ^_^

Edited by Brissyguy

I was just researching Herxheimer Reaction and came across this website:

http://www.drmyattswellnessclub.com/candidiasis.htm

They recommend activated charcoal to avoid the reaction:

"In order to avoid die-off reactions, I recommend high doses of activated charcoal and plenty of fluids. The charcoal adsorbs the killed yeast cells and their toxic waste products and carries them out of the body in the stool before they are absorbed into the bloodstream and can create a Herxheimer reaction. "

EDIT: Here's more info, including precautions:

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/activated_c.../article_em.htm

Edited by clc111

This is a bit of a rant..... :doh:

Its been over 6 weeks since I started taking colostrum (6 grams/day). The first two weeks nothing happened. After that I been breaking out like crazy with mostly white zits on chin, mouth, nose and eyebrow areas and 2 cysts :cry: Today was just a bad day or something because I was looking at the mirror and realized I been battling this shit in my teens and all my 20's (I am 29 now)!!! I do have a relatively "healthy" diet. But the only thing left to try is to incorporate a anti-candida related diet or something very similar to that since I noticed the few that did get clear incorporated this too.

what do you guys/girls think abou that idea? ;)

This is a bit of a rant..... :doh:

Its been over 6 weeks since I started taking colostrum (6 grams/day). The first two weeks nothing happened. After that I been breaking out like crazy with mostly white zits on chin, mouth, nose and eyebrow areas and 2 cysts :cry: Today was just a bad day or something because I was looking at the mirror and realized I been battling this shit in my teens and all my 20's (I am 29 now)!!! I do have a relatively "healthy" diet. But the only thing left to try is to incorporate a anti-candida related diet or something very similar to that since I noticed the few that did get clear incorporated this too.

what do you guys/girls think abou that idea? ;)

Yeah it may speed the process but dont forget what the colostrum is healing here. Decades of internal abuse equates to months or maybe even year(s) of repair. I think colostrum should not be judged until around 2-6 months. Of course its effectiveness and healing time will vary due to an individuals extent of LGS, candida, digestive issues and the state of their liver and colon/intestines.

Treat colostrum like a potent tool in your arsenal, not as a cure. All we can do is just ride it out with patience. :)

Edited by AussieSmile
The results are looking interesting! yay!

I can't tell you how f*cking annoying this response is.

Hehe it means that i havent had breakouts for few days after a die off like breakout period. And that my acne is healing quickly. But i didnt wanted to say this to early. Because it may just have been just a breakout and just a clear moment...

Edited by joris

Hehe it means that i havent had breakouts for few days after a die off like breakout period. And that my acne is healing quickly. But i didnt wanted to say this to early. Because it may just have been just a breakout and just a clear moment...

are you eating an anti-cadida diet or something similar along with colostrum?

I've been on an anti-candida diet for a few weeks and taking the colostrum for a little over a week and get tiny whiteheads all the time now. That's unusual for me. And one big fucker beneath the surface that upsets me.

How long do initial breakouts last for most people on colostrum?

Does anyone else feel real shitty and break out like 4 to 5 hours after they take colostrum but then feel good the rest of the day???

yes but more like redness and un even skin tone, then by night time my skin tone is even and the redness goes down, this happens every time i take this. but like I said in a before post, the breakouts heal fast!

are you eating an anti-cadida diet or something similar along with colostrum?

Im on a very bad diet. Eating constantly in the weekends. I really have a problem. Maybe the breakouts are just the results of the weekend diet and the no breakouts result to the during the week diet. We will see...