Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Denise2

Great Acne Treatment; the Best, actually

Guest DireStraits

Just as I typed that last post a courier came to my door and delivered Symbiotics Colostrum lol!

Finally!

Shipped on the 12th December and arrived 18 January.

Thank you vitacost................not!

Isn't colostrum suitable for lactose free diets though?

Lactose has nothing to do with milk-caused acne. All the hormones contained in the milk for the young calf is what causes the acne for people that are sensitive to it. I am assuming it's the same case with colostrum as it gives me massive cysts, just like regular cow milk.

It's a real pity because aside from the cysts, I think it's been really helpful in terms of keeping me healthy; I haven't gotten sick at all. Even the H1N1 flu shot didn't faze me one bit. But the cysts have got to go. I'll just stick with good diet, pro-biotics and vitamin A.

Lactose has nothing to do with milk-caused acne. All the hormones contained in the milk for the young calf is what causes the acne for people that are sensitive to it. I am assuming it's the same case with colostrum as it gives me massive cysts, just like regular cow milk.

It's a real pity because aside from the cysts, I think it's been really helpful in terms of keeping me healthy; I haven't gotten sick at all. Even the H1N1 flu shot didn't faze me one bit. But the cysts have got to go. I'll just stick with good diet, pro-biotics and vitamin A.

No it is not the same case for colostrum. As the OP mentioned her son could not have any dairy products at all without breaking out in cystic acne, but the colostrum was fine. If i have dairy i will get cheek pimples, but on colostrum i dont.

i've been doing this for 2 weeks. my acne is getting worst. my small pimples are getting bigger. I'm on the anti-Candida and colostrum diet. i haven't done any detox or flush, i don't know what i'm suppose to do with that. is it really important? i've been have acne for 13 yrs and been thought all the medicine.

It does have IGF-1, but at the same time this works to help insulin resistance, which probably ends up canceling out the hormones produced from insulin spikes and the hormones contained in IGF-1. Now, being that IGF-1 is present in colostrum, it is also one of the catalysts in healing the gut, in dealing with insulin resistance, so once everything is balanced out (2-3 months), the growth hormones shouldn't have a break-out effect. Not only that, but other hormones contained in milk (estrogen) aren't present in colostrum, but are in milk. Studies haven't identified a hormone that works to break people out in milk, but nonetheless, there are way, way fewer in colostrum than there are in milk. Giving up this early is weak and ignorant.

Edited by RonP
haha... all this IB B.S.. Colostrum isnt the cure all that you are all buying into, this will fade fast.

How do you know what will work for other people? Are you a fortune teller now? Keep comments like that off this thread, it is not needed.

haha... all this IB B.S.. Colostrum isnt the cure all that you are all buying into, this will fade fast.

DeAntonio - my insulin resistance post was pertaining to you, among others. I've had immense clearing from colostrum, so if anything, it's shown to be beneficial. And again, pertaining to you...you think you have a hyper-active thyroid...well explain to me the other, millions of people who have acne. Everything lines up according to insulin resistance, not some vague, mystery cause. Swallow your pride and let these trails unfold.

DeAntonio - my insulin resistance post was pertaining to you, among others. I've had immense clearing from colostrum, so if anything, it's shown to be beneficial. And again, pertaining to you...you think you have a hyper-active thyroid...well explain to me the other, millions of people who have acne. Everything lines up according to insulin resistance, not some vague, mystery cause. Swallow your pride and let these trails unfold.

Yeah, I am trying to be patient and not quit this so early. I been on it for over 5 weeks now and worse now. lol

RonP- So how fast did you clear up on Colostrum? and how much u taking now? I presume this is with some kind of anti-candida related diet?

Thanks in advance :)

I'm starting to think that only people with severe acne should try this. People who can't really get a whole lot worse due to the IB, but for people like me who only technically have mild-moderate acne, getting worse before getting better isn't worth it. Just my opinion.

I decided to shoot for the TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) thought on acne and candida which link up to heat and damp heat in particular. Ive been taking pills to treat it and can already see a huge improvement.

There are other ways to heal up insulin resistance, tons of them. ACV, taurine, Glucomannan (which has been linked directly to helping those with hyperthyroid).

Only time will tell, but why be negative?

Because I now have acne on my neck that is going to scar up & leave a red mark. Seems like as soon as I stopped it faded, few on the cheek and between my eyebrows as well...

I'm starting to think that only people with severe acne should try this. People who can't really get a whole lot worse due to the IB, but for people like me who only technically have mild-moderate acne, getting worse before getting better isn't worth it. Just my opinion.

i agree. This sounded really interesting at first but Im not willing to get an IB, when my face is already under control. If my acne was severe to start with and had tried everything, then i would try this method.

Because I now have acne on my neck that is going to scar up & leave a red mark. Seems like as soon as I stopped it faded, few on the cheek and between my eyebrows as well...

Im actually really surprised this thread has gone this far and this many posts.

Ok, sorry to hear that. I had a massive cyst on my chin over Christmas break that will probably leave a scar, but since then my skin has calmed down considerably and perhaps you shouldn't give up on it yet.

BTW, what TCM pill are you taking? That stuff has always kind of interested me, I remember chancing upon a Chinese health store when I was visiting London and the clerk saying that he could clear me up no problem, but I didn't buy it.

Im actually really surprised this thread has gone this far and this many posts.

Its really long, because its loaded with BS speculation and redundant questions. I'm not saying that I didn't contribute to this haha. Its not going to have any more worthwhile content for another couple weeks imho, but shit lets keep bumping it and try and get more people on board.

Edited by andersoj
Ok, sorry to hear that. I had a massive cyst on my chin over Christmas break that will probably leave a scar, but since then my skin has calmed down considerably and perhaps you shouldn't give up on it yet.

BTW, what TCM pill are you taking? That stuff has always kind of interested me, I remember chancing upon a Chinese health store when I was visiting London and the clerk saying that he could clear me up no problem, but I didn't buy it.

Yeah there is NO DOUBT that it was the colostrum, I NEVER had acne on my neck before I took it.

activeherb.com is where I buy all my stuff

but I look up my symptoms on

http://www.heavenearthchineseherbs.com/chi...mdnk0lieqdhjt40

^That has the chinese medicine symptoms... excess appetite/no appetite etc.

http://www.heavenearthchineseherbs.com/wes...earch-c-41.html

^That has everything listed in western medicine terms.. acid reflux/thyroid issues etc.

They have basically everything that they sell on heavenearth on activeherb for cheaper.

Ive been taking a yin pill as well as a damp heat clearer.

Long Dan Xie Gan Pian & Zhi Bai Di Huang Wan to be exact.

Edited by DeAntonio

Yeah there is NO DOUBT that it was the colostrum, I NEVER had acne on my neck before I took it.

^That has everything listed in western medicine terms.. acid reflux/thyroid issues etc.

They have basically everything that they sell on heavenearth on activeherb for cheaper.

Ridiculous. Giving nearly half of the time Denise had said to shut down colostrum. You're treating insulin resistance, and in turn, candida. In detoxing from candida you'll have die-off effects (acne). TCM, if it's doing anything that's not the placebo effect, is helping with insulin. With a proper diet, which I'm assuming you have, any aid in insulin sensitivity will go far.

And to everyone - the theory behind colostrum calls for a proper diet, and anti-candida diet. Keep this for 2-3 months, then reintroduce foods.

Ask yourselves: how many people actually got clear in a month by taking a magic supplement with a poor diet? Common fucking sense.

Ridiculous. Giving nearly half of the time Denise had said to shut down colostrum. You're treating insulin resistance, and in turn, candida. In detoxing from candida you'll have die-off effects (acne). TCM, if it's doing anything that's not the placebo effect, is helping with insulin. With a proper diet, which I'm assuming you have, any aid in insulin sensitivity will go far.

And to everyone - the theory behind colostrum calls for a proper diet, and anti-candida diet. Keep this for 2-3 months, then reintroduce foods.

Ask yourselves: how many people actually got clear in a month by taking a magic supplement with a poor diet? Common fucking sense.

RonP...please, quit making so much sense! :naughty: :surprised: :lol: :wall:

Here's the thing that I've noticed and this is just an observation, so no one take offense.

What people don't understand is this. When you have an IB, you are KILLING CANDIDA and God only knows what else. So if you STOP THE KILLING, then you will still have the candida. Well, DUH, right?

So sure....you can eat five snickers a day, drink 3 Cokes a day.....whatever. Eventually, because of the proliferation of candida, it will still be in your body in an unbalanced state, and cause problems.

Candida is not just an ACNE problem. I really don't know why people don't understand this. It wreaks havoc on your immune system, causes jock itch, toenail fungus, hormonal problems/imbalances, etc.......if you don't just deal with the fact that you more than likely WILL have some IB, you will deal with other health problems.

I mean.....when you don't have the severe inflammation that comes with acne after you get your acne under control, your red marks literally fade 1000 times faster.

When I was about to put my son on Accutane, I told the nurse, "Listen....I know how to deal with scars and red marks. I just want the breakouts to stop".

If you are really that hung up on having a red mark, but don't care about candida, that's your right, of course. Doesn't make much sense to me, but hey...whatever.

Dropping out of conversation once again. Carry on, everyone. :shifty: :dance:

I agree you got to give it time to really find out if its going to work for you or not. I have been very depressed lately as i just broke out like mad with inflammed pimples in both corners of my mouth which never happened before, cyst near my lip and lots of whiteheads in middle of chin and i am still taking it. I am going to go at least 2 months on it. Also i ordered the gluconamman from konjafoods to help even more with any insulin resistance i may have. If all this still doesnt work after 2-3months, then i will look for another possible reason/treatment of why/what i need to do to get clear.

I have taken colostrum for a month and started anti candida diet about 2 weeks ago (I was previously in paleo + tubers, which helped a lot). I have not had any kind of initial breakout in this past month. If anything, my acne has gotten a little bit better. What does this mean?

Ive been using for 2weeks 2x4-5g a day. At first I had a pretty good diet (limited fruits, no snacks). But lately it worsened, this is because my hunger had increased with 3x. I can eat at least 2x as much as before using colostrum. (i also started chewing better). This is pretty weird.

Energy increased a lot. For the first time in years I have my eyes wide open. In previous years i always had them half closed. Also when i slept good.

My acne improved a lot. I had almost no breakouts for the first 12days. Red marks also improved a lot. But now it starts looking like a IB. (or maybe a result of the eating). But i think its a IB, because they are on weird places. And i havent seen small pimples. And that always hapens when eating bad/sugar. And i had a little bit of flu like symptons. And a little bit of constipation.

So i hope its a IB because that means im halfway.

EDIT: spelling

Edited by joris