Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Denise2

Great Acne Treatment; the Best, actually

My results are interesting....

Been on symbiotics colostrum plus for about 30 days, 2 pills about 30 mins before breakfast every day. I've noticed that I haven't stopped having breakouts, but they have DIMISHED greatly. Anything i get is usually gone within a day and then has fully healed within 2. My skin is less oily and has a nice glow to it.

I've also noticed that this really does help build lean muscle. I've been doing some light working out and im noticing that im becoming more and more toned based on the results prior to colostrum (but that is here nor there)

Anyway, I'm happy with my results and will continue using the colostrum.

Side note: I've noticed that i can occasionally indulge in foods i've been staying away from (high sugar, processed etc).

Edited by House 2twist
Do you think the colostrum could cause weight problems? I am trying to lose a few lbs, should I up the cardio while taking colostrum?

Also, is it too optimistic to think that colostrum could help skin tone and red marks?

im not sure that im correct but:

I thought colostrum switches the energy source from muscle to fat. And the growth factors help with building new muscle. So your fat will decrease and muscle increase. However im not sure if it will increase that much if you dont workout , maybe it wont or only a little bit. I thought colostrum was good for people who need to gain weight. But also for people who need to lose weight. Really weird but this is what my mind says ive red on this forum.

Maybe try to search on google? YOu will probably find a better awnser

as far as i can see colostrum is put in weight gainers for body builders as it helps to pack on the pounds :)

either way ive just started using instant mass and natural whey. quite a few little white heads :(

i wish it was summer... tan would be great right about now

Oh..no...:/ I'm starting to regret taking colostrum. I'm always suspicious of things that you get an "initial breakout" from, and my skin was actually starting to clear up (started taking fish oil, ACV, and improving diet) before my colostrum came in the mail. Before colostrum I hadn't had a new breakout for 2 days (which is super weird for me) and since colostrum I have 3 new breakouts (been on colostrum for 4 days). I guess I'll finish this tub and see what happens.

Try to keep going Jay. Denise's son broke out in all sorts of random places for 2 months straight. This occurred after he had been taking colostrum for 3 months before hand in lower doses. I think that colostrum will take a lot longer for most of us because Denise and her son had been doing everything before hand for years including anti candida, anti fungal you name it.

I read that LGS with proper treatment can take up to 9 months to heal so patience is key bro. Just power through the purge and in the mean time focus on other acne fighting components to add to your arsenal.

Im on my 3rd day of colostrum and im itching, have a headache, and breaking out even on my legs a little (wtf?). I think this is good tho because its part of the plan to detox, right?

and if anyone hasnt used organic apple cider vinegar, drink it its amazing for skin

been on colostrum for about 20 days now. The first 18 days not a SINGLE pimple on my face. It was amazing.

Now, however I'm breaking out lke CRAZY on my forehead (where i never break out). And I'm getting some bad chest/back acne.

Damm, my break outs are still abundant. mksneede, I think recall some white specks/abnormalities in my stools but I was too scared to look.

I'm going to try ACV + Olive Oil on face! Anyone tried this? WISH ME LUCK!

I have been taking colostrum for 20 days or more. 13 gamms per day. Acne got better in the beginning but I recently had a breakout. As you may have seen my blood testing threads, I had my blood tested and it seemed that I had a thyroid problem. I was still taking colostrum at the time when the tests were taken.

Today, three days later (I just ran out of colostrum as well, so I've been off for 3-4 days), had my TSH, FT3 and FT4 tested again and they came back ALMOST normal. Which means they have dropped SIGNIFICANTLY after stopping colostrum. I did some research and here is what I found:

Colostrum--seems to significantly increase hyper symptoms and may induce a thyroid storm.

Source:

http://www.ithyroid.com/avoid_these.htm

I'm stopping supplementing colostrum for a while...

I agree goodlife...the amounts people are taking are a bit crazy, in my opinion. It's not necessary. You can TREAT your issues by taking 6-8 grams (2 scoops a day). One single serving is one gram, or 1/3 of a scoop.

Yeesh. :doh:

I don't think this is a matter of, "If a certain amount treats a particular condition, then more is going to do a better job".

I've been concerned from the beginning of this regarding how much people are taking, and how quickly they are going through the stuff. But hey....people can do what they want.

Edited by Denise2
I agree goodlife...the amounts people are taking are a bit crazy, in my opinion. It's not necessary. You can TREAT your issues by taking 6-8 grams (2 scoops a day). One single serving is one gram, or 1/3 of a scoop.

I don't think this is a matter of, "If a certain amount treats a particular condition, then more is going to do a better job".

I've been concerned from the beginning of this regarding how much people are taking, and how quickly they are going through the stuff. But hey....people can do what they want.

I just recieved my 2nd 21 oz container friday and they changed the serving table on it. It now says one serving is 1 scoop of 3g. Old one said 2/3 scoop 960mg.

I just recieved my 2nd 21 oz container friday and they changed the serving table on it. It now says one serving is 1 scoop of 3g. Old one said 2/3 scoop 960mg.

Just to clarify, 2/3 of a teaspoon is 1 GRAM. The size of the scoop included is 3 GRAMS.

So 1/3 of a scoop is 2/3 of a teaspoon.

For me, it was easier to just understand that 1/3 of the scoop included is 1 serving size. Taking an entire scoop is taking 3 times the serving size.

Now granted I'm going off the canister I received almost 3 months ago, and they may have changed it.

Why would anyone take 10, 13, grams? That's like 5 full scoops a day. Again...I just don't see the necessity of that. You can get great results with just a coupla scoops a day.

But again...people will do what they will.

I've been taking Colostrum since Dec 23rd.

So thats 19 days...

I've not been using BP at all, or using my baby brush, and have had a bad enough diet of Xmas sweets, alcohol etc...

And my skin is bad.

No body acne, but my cheeks are broken out. Im not sure how badly as I've not looked in a mirror in a few days. The goal is to not look for a month, which aint gonna be easy in college.

On the plus side, i can feel im getting much stronger...

The goal til Paddys Day - March 17th...

No mirror

No skin picking

No alcohol

That scoop seems so small to me though so i never use it. I am not sure how many grams i am taking a day because all i do is take my teaspoon and take a big scoop out with a mound on top of it lol and put it all in my mouth. I do this twice a day.

I quit using colostrum as well. I know I didn't invest enough time in it to see if it would work or not, but I can't deal with the constant breakouts. My skin was alot calmer when I was taking fish oil/ACV/multi vitamin. Good luck to everyone else though =P