Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Denise2

Great Acne Treatment; the Best, actually

@Jambo - damn you replied before I had the chance to edit...also added that I'm also getting chapped lips (which doesn't usually happen either) but good to know that this is all somewhat normal.

Replace your sugary pop with Zevia. It's an all natural soda sweetened with Stevia. No carbs, calories or sugar. I get it at my local health food store. Black cherry and gingerale are my favorite. They also have cola, orange, lemon-lime and root beer.

I wonder about alcohol sugar? I buy these sugar free dark chocolate mints from dove....sooo good, as a quick snack sometimes and it has about 3g of alcohol sugar in each piece. Is alcohol sugar just as bad? Jus a quick off topic question, my apoligies :redface:

Xylitol is a sugar alcohol and is approved for anti-candida diet so I would think you are fine. It's anti-fungal too.

Ive been taking Colostrum since the third and right now my skin is still worse then when I began, but as I already said I think thats because I stopped taking resveratrol. I also was eating extra poorly, drinking excessively and having a lot of ex over the break (good times), so well see what happens now that I'm back home without a gf.

Ok, so I thought I would share my two cents with my fellow acne fighters.

It's been three weeks since I started taking Symbiotics Colostrum in powder form, 12g a day. For the first two weeks I definitely experienced some degree of die-off effect or whatever you call it. I broke out with plenty of cysts on my cheeks and forehead. But then it started getting better and better and since last Friday I haven't seen a single new pimple and I'm getting cleared up. My diet, especially over the Christmas break, has been not a perfect anti-acne diet at all. Fast and fried foods quite frequently, not very strict on carbs or sugar intake either. I am very pleased with the results and I'll tell you this: hang in on colostrum, your body will thank you.

Your friend, Robert

Thats interesting drobEK, are you taking 12 greams all at once or spread out? 12 grams is twice as much as what Ive been taking. I remember Strato was also consuming something similar to that, and he was the first person to clear. I'm going to up my dose to 6 grams in the morning and 3 at night and see how i tolerate it.

Hey andersoj i was just wondering why you stopped the resveratol if it was really helping you? Sorry if you answered that before but i dont really remember.

On a side note. For all the aussies waiting for their order from vitacost, i randomly received a parcel today containing colostrum from vitacost. This must have been the order i cancelled before ordering off iherb. It said that it was shipped on the 6.12.09 so it took a little over a month. This is shit news for anyone waiting but hopefully yours will be a lot quicker. Still its always nice to have surprise colostrum pacels arriving at your door. :dance:

I ran out and decided to see what would happen. It actually turned out better than I expected, but then again I'm doing other things, besides colostrum. Res-V is also expensive, dollar+ a day at the dose I was taking.

Guest DireStraits
On a side note. For all the aussies waiting for their order from vitacost, i randomly received a parcel today containing colostrum from vitacost. This must have been the order i cancelled before ordering off iherb. It said that it was shipped on the 6.12.09 so it took a little over a month. This is shit news for anyone waiting but hopefully yours will be a lot quicker. Still its always nice to have surprise colostrum pacels arriving at your door. :dance:

Oh Dear, that is definitely not good news.

My Colostrum was 'shipped' on the 12th December, i've been waiting ages. If it doesn't come next week i'll be pissed. In the meantime im just making do with the powdered Colostrum I bought locally from the Vitamin shop.

To any aussies who bought Colostrum off iHerb how much did it cost you all up?

Edited by DireStraits

Oh Dear, that is definitely not good news.

My Colostrum was 'shipped' on the 12th December, i've been waiting ages. If it doesn't come next week i'll be pissed. In the meantime im just making do with the powdered Colostrum I bought locally from the Vitamin shop.

To any aussies who bought Colostrum off iHerb how much did it cost you all up?

It cost me about $US70 including delivery.

Thats interesting drobEK, are you taking 12 greams all at once or spread out? 12 grams is twice as much as what Ive been taking. I remember Strato was also consuming something similar to that, and he was the first person to clear. I'm going to up my dose to 6 grams in the morning and 3 at night and see how i tolerate it.

Dosing does seem a bit of a grey area. I'm taking about 9g morning and 9g night although my Colostrum is 20% igG and the recommended dose is 5-10g twice daily. It's aimed at bodybuilders etc so this might be why a higher dose is recommended.

Andersoj;

I just want you to know I hear Bohemian Rhapsody in my head for a full day after I see your avatar. :lol::D

That's all I have to say.

Andersoj;

I just want you to know I hear Bohemian Rhapsody in my head for a full day after I see your avatar. :lol: :D

That's all I have to say.

Haha, ROCK ON!

I think I'm going to up my dose....I don't know by how much. I've been taking 1 teaspoon (that is 4 grams, right?!) in the morning and 1 teaspoon at night but it really doesn't seem like that much. So I guess I'll go up to 2 teaspoons morning and night.

@want2beme - I've only been taking it 3 days, so it's too soon for me to say. I'm not even sure I'm going through an intial breakout, I have a zit forming on the tip of my nose (god worst place ever!) but it's impossible to know if that's coming from the colostrum or just a regular breakout, because I have broken out in that place before. So hopefully by upping my dose I'll be able to see if colostrum is doing anything for me.

I think I'm going to up my dose....I don't know by how much. I've been taking 1 teaspoon (that is 4 grams, right?!) in the morning and 1 teaspoon at night but it really doesn't seem like that much. So I guess I'll go up to 2 teaspoons morning and night.

1 teaspoon = 1 gram

1 tablespoon = 3 teaspoons - 3 grams

@dancedd - what the hell...? Damn. Why did it tell me on google that it was like 4.2 grams? I know that it matters what you're measuring because of volume and density or some crap like that but I still thought it would be roughly 4 grams. Well anyways thanks for that, now I'm definitely upping my dosage haha.

My tablespoon is 4.5gram measure it yourself... I mostly just put it in water. steer around untill everything is wet. (no dry powder on the water, wet clumbs are there though.) Then i just drink the hole glass. And fill it up with water 2x to not spill any colostrum left behind. I eat 30min later. In the night i do it 2-4hours after eating.

@jay Im also noticing a little bit dryer skin. Also more red cheecks. But dont know if its from the colostrum. But i always had oily skin so its good :D

Im seeing some breakouts but just are a few so it can mean nothing. Also had some shivvers yesterday but its -15degrees outside (theres going to be a snowstorm yay!).

Also im really thinking that a 8yr old big scar (2x2cm, really a square) has shrunken! I felt it itching sometimes since i take colostrum. Weirdest thing ever. But it can also be that im just seeing things.

Im on Day 5 btw. Taking 9g a day.

EDIT: typed some weird stuff

Edited by joris

I have been following this thread since the beginning.

I have been taking Colostrum since 10th Dec. I have been taking very high doses of between 20g - 40g per day but not using the Symbiotics brand. I have just ordered some of iherb on Tuesday night which arrived this morning (UK). Still early, but I have seen an improvement in my acne.

A question that I have not seen raised, is anyone using this topically to heal their acne? I have been using it and seems to clear the acne faster.

I wonder if the symbiotics is good for topical. Maybe the protective layer it has for the stomach acids makes it not work for your face... This is why i havent tried it yet.

Dont forget to join in the log we are keeping in the holistics regimen log forum. click the here in my signature and fill in the standard form :D takes no time and helps oganizing the results

Edited by joris

I have been using pure colostrum as a topical. The only problem I have is if you mix with water and turn it into a paste, the colostrum sort of crystallizes on your face. By adding a bit of jojoba oil it reduces this a great deal though.

We've discussed using Colostrum topically but no one has tried it yet. If you use it both internally and externally, it might be hard to determine if it works. Regardless, I think it will help.

My skincare products currently have colostrum in them, and I just realised Inner Health Plus (Probiotic) has a small dose of colostrum in it as well! Hmmm!

Vitacost is ridiculous! They're not shipping the orders for ANOTHER WEEK and I just ordered off iherb this afternoon and I just got an emailing confirming it's shipment so I'll be expecting it in no more than a week!

I'm with iherb now!

You can't go wrong with $4 shipping.

Edited by Brissyguy
My colostrum just arrived, incredible delivery from iherb.

Waiting on a few other bits and will start taking it next week.

How much did it cost in total, did you get hit with any import tax?