Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doy5

Sugar and Soy Milk Question

My first question is regarding sugar. Ive noticed that a lot of people cut dairy and sugar out, does sugar have any relation to acne or is that just for their well being?

Second, Is soy milk made without any hormones unlike regular milk? I read somewhere that Soy milk is all natural and doesnt have homrmones in it, is this true?

Thanks any helpi s appreciated, and a source would be nice if there is one!

My first question is regarding sugar. Ive noticed that a lot of people cut dairy and sugar out, does sugar have any relation to acne or is that just for their well being?

Second, Is soy milk made without any hormones unlike regular milk? I read somewhere that Soy milk is all natural and doesnt have homrmones in it, is this true?

Thanks any helpi s appreciated, and a source would be nice if there is one!

Food does not cause acne, but it can impact on the quality of your skin though. Soy milk contains hormones naturally. These are called phytoestrogens (plant oestrogens) which have a positive effect on acne (in the same way that the pill does). This is just the case in women though, in men, phytoestrogens in large levels can temporarily effect male fertility.

I hope this helps!

Little Sarah

really i disagree.

food does have an impact i believe for some people. Take soy for example i react MASSIVELY to it.

It all depends on you and your skin.

godspeed.

I just love milk to much to stop completely drinking it, but I read there was absolutely no milk that was purchasable to the public that has no hormones, but someone said soy was ok? And yes I know for a fact that food affects acne.

Sugar can and does affect your well being. Your overall well being can affect your acne.

Sugar can greatly slow down a person's immune system response. This can damage how our body fights off infection.

Sugar can also interfere with digestion so you're stuck with more waste in your body and this backup can possibly lead to additional breakouts.

When you eat a lot of sugar, it raises insulin levels. These raised levels can lead to an increased production of androgens, the male hormone. This hormone can also be connected with excess oil production and lead to more acne.

There is plenty more that can be added to this. Just start doing some research! Books such as "Suicide By Sugar" by Nancy Appleton is pretty informative.

Test it out for yourself and see what happens to your acne if you stop sugar and/or soy for a few weeks. Everyone has different results. :)