Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
phoenixdude

You know you have a problem with acne when...

Okay I start but it would be nice if people also post more lol

You know you have a problem with acne when...

1) The very first thing you do when you wake up is to check if your zits are going away.

2) Sometimes whether you go out or not at a party depends on how bad your acne looks that day.

3) You tried every product in your kitchen on your face already, hoping to discover an unknown cure.

4) You know more about accutane than your doctor.

5) You visit these boards a lot smile.gif

- You're always thinking that  your new breakout had to do with something you did, rather than something you just can't control (ie. Did I go out in the sun too long? Did that food break me out? Did I drink enough water today? etc etc)

- You either avoid mirrors or look in the mirror too long.

you have a problem with acne when:

-there are strange white little blobs on your mirror (hehe, i'm a pusher)

-you try to avoid speaking in front of a group or speaking to a nice girl (i already had this a bit, but acne made it 100 times worse)

-you have more skin care products than your mother (and i'm a guy!!!!!)

-you think the skin is the most important organ of our body

-you think vinegar was invented as a topical against acne

-you think more about your skin than about sex (and i'm a guy!!!!!)

B) Keep the good stuff coming guys (and girls).

- You're afraid of sleepovers because you can't wash your face or don't want someone commenting about acne

- You shut your eyes if you're in a room with a mirror and bad lighting

- You always wonder if people in books have acne or not

- You avoid messy foods so that you don't get food all over your mouth and aggravate the acne

Okay, I have to write this even though admittedly it will sound mean but:

You know you have a problem with acne when you start thinking:

"That girl is so much prettier than I am">>>> just because her skin is clear and you overlook the fact that she's, like, 50 lbs heavier, 4 inches shorter, and may have a wooden leg. You know what I mean...But you're still thinking, Damn her skin looks GREAT!

OR:

You know you need to look for acne products at the drug store but feel embarassed to be looking at acne stuff even though you have acne>so along with the new skin cleanser you buy something else like a useless bottle of shampoo or floss, just to not seem so *obvious*

OR:

You keep looking at your self in the mirror and imagine your skin minus this flaw or that flaw and you think how *good looking* you'd be if you only had good skin.

OR:

You avoid dressing room mirrors, not cause of your bod, but because of your SKIN

-You dont want to leave the house no matter what until your skin is better.

-You havent shaven in a week because you will end up with a face covered in blood.

-You look in the mirror focusing on every little red dot, keeping a mental note.

-Your mind plays tricks on how you look.

-When it is really bad you will only look at yourself under a certain type of light in the mirror. You get scared of bright white light.

-All you can think about is your skin.

-You lurk in the shadows when you do go out (hehe).

Actually I remember this one time there was a group of 4 of us (2 girls me and another guy). This was at night and my friends went into a shop with really bright white light, I couldn't look at any of them and just pretended to be looking at something on the wall the hole time until we left. And yeah you do get people thinking your wierd but I don't want to exactly explain to them that I feel like a freak and cant let them see me.

Actually I remember this one time there was a group of 4 of us (2 girls me and another guy). This was at night and my friends went into a shop with really bright white light, I couldn't look at any of them and just pretended to be looking at something on the wall the hole time until we left. And yeah you do get people thinking your wierd but I don't want to exactly explain to them that I feel like a freak and cant let them see me.

- You get really mad when an acne commercial comes on and sometimes shout at the girls with perfect skin in them if you haven't managed to find the remote control and change the channel in time.

Yeah, i know the feeling, last year i went to the movies, but there was acommercial before the film started. A girl was pushing an enormous whitehead and it exploded all over the mirror. And all the time a stupid song was playing. This middle-aged woman sitting next to me started laughing like hell, but it was one of the most embarrassing moments of my life. I felt totally ashamed and mad and my face turned red. I felt like everyone in the room would start laughing with me.

It was a commercial for a bank (slogan: "respecting youth and wondering why").

Even thinking about it makes me pissed.

You know you need to look for acne products at the drug store but feel embarassed to be looking at acne stuff even though you have acne>so along with the new skin cleanser you buy something else like a useless bottle of shampoo or floss, just to not seem so *obvious*

Guest Tracy

Countless times...

-when you feel awkward when an acne commercial comes on infront of your friends

-when you get mad when people at school suggest proactiv

You feel awkward infront of your kids when they have clear skin and you don't and you have to buy bp and they are along with you shopping and you try to distract them so they don't notice! elf

heres mine >< though i think most of it has been posted :P

- when you avoid looking in the mirrors because you dont want to see how horrible you are.

- stare at other people's skin and wonder how can someone not have any pimples

- buy a new product every week hoping that it will cure acne.

Oh yeah- so many are true :-(

Definitely the one about not looking people in the eye. I've also put on a green face mask before and looked in the mirror and thought 'that's better cos I can't see the red lumps'!

Also you know when you have acne when you can't leave the house in time in the morning as a horrible spot won't dry up in time. AND you didn't even pick it - it just happened when you gently washed your face in the shower. It's not even your fault!

When you've spent hundreds of cash on treatments that you think will cure you such as in my case: accupuncture.

-have one of those "instant pimple treatment pens" on you at all times???... you may just have acne!

-Ever shot pus onto ur mirror?....... you may just have acne!

not that those "instant blemish fixer upper" pens work but i still carry one in my bag at all times just in case!!!

ahahaha actually cutting your hair for that day to HIDE a new blemish!! yep....sudden bad zits on forehead!!?? no problem..instant bangs!!! (me with short bangs as of a week now) but damn it was windy out!!!

or of course wearing hair in styles to hide the blemishes....

sleeping turned away in bed from partner....

rubbing oil off face inconspicuously as possible during a movie in movie theatre, using napkin do blot..... quickly trying to make it look like youre wiping mouth when eating....

more related to oily skin.. keeping blotting papers (THIN CHEAP toilet paper is best) wadded up in pockets.. so you can use when no one is looking....

getting "bumped into" on a painful cyst and trying not to show the pain on your face....

cant make certain facial expressions... afraid one will burst (these are the baaaadddd ones) mainly dealing with zits while in PUBLIC!!!!!!!!!

those toilet paper you fold over and over again until its the tiniest square, (then you get a new one and start over) after popping one.

waiting for it to "dry" and stop leaking so you can finally put makeup on.

OMG! sorry guys but I burst out in laughter after every line I read and right now its 2 a.m.

I've done it all. In the past month I've spent almost $1000.00 for facial products to clear acne.

Just last week I did a chemical peel, had to stay home for 10 days. Funny thing is this is the time when my mom wants to bring the whole world over and have to explain to everyone over and over again

Im paranoid when it comes to skin, I comment on everyone's skin most of the time comparing mine with there's. If you notice you always look better in the dark. ;)

I have a friend coming in a few weeks and now im stressing over my face, and that only contributes to the problem. The reason is I really like the person and she is a great girl, and I want to be more than friends, but I fear if she sees me she will only want to be friends. :cry:

Dammit!! oh well! off to bed and tomorrow a next regimen. I'll give Dan's one a try. Wish me luck. :)

haha these kill me

when your late for work because it took longer than you thought to try to cover your acne with makeup...

and there comes that point when your just like oh shit i have to leave and theres nothing more you can do because you HAVE to go.. thats the worst

when you lock yourself up in your room and are too embarassed to even be in front of your own family.. and when you finally do go downstairs because you have to get food or something, you wear a hood and try to cover your face and dont look at anyone and get whatever you need as fast as you can so you can run back to your room

You have a problem with acne when you think having acne is the only big problem in the world. Fat people, small people, depressed people, sick people,etc. are NOTHING compare to acne.