Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
John.

stem cell

this stem cell treatment that BRD is talking about seems amazing. I've been following this thread for a while now and reading about these stem cell treatments has brought e a lot of hope back into my life. At the same time I feel very frustrated. There is no clinic where you could hve this procedure done. I had lots of hope about the procedure that Dr Khan is doing ,but after reading that the reults will only last for 12 months, I got really sad. That's just really expnsive restylane, basically. Is this stem cell thing too god to be true or is there still hope? I would do anything to get the treatment that BRD is offering but it is impossible, since there is no clinic in the world that is offering it. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be negative ,but it just seems like the day that we'll have access to a high quality, long lasting stem cell treatment, seems lightyears away.

the results dont last 12 months they last for as long as the ageing process alows it so!

i dont know where this is mentioned..the 12 months part anyway..obviously if your in your 40's or 50;s as you age the result will decline

the improvement to your skin is semi permanant..meaning untill u get older its permanant!

Thanks for your reply, icaretohelp. I got the information form this website a member linked to it in the forum. Is it the same treatment that you had?

Thanks again!

the results dont last 12 months they last for as long as the ageing process alows it so!

i dont know where this is mentioned..the 12 months part anyway..obviously if your in your 40's or 50;s as you age the result will decline

the improvement to your skin is semi permanant..meaning untill u get older its permanant!

Thanks for your reply, icaretohelp. I got the information form this website a member linked to it in the forum. Is it the same treatment that you had?

Thanks again!

my-cells.net

I thought you said your scars were gone. If this treatment (or any treatment) could potentially heal scars and not just improve them, why would the effect be only semi-permanent. It makes no sense that they would reappear. Obviously the anti aging effects of stem cell treatment will wear away over time. But I think I speak for most people here when I say that halting the aging cycle is not our goal; scar-free, "normal" skin is.

I thought you said your scars were gone. If this treatment (or any treatment) could potentially heal scars and not just improve them, why would the effect be only semi-permanent. It makes no sense that they would reappear. Obviously the anti aging effects of stem cell treatment will wear away over time. But I think I speak for most people here when I say that halting the aging cycle is not our goal; scar-free, "normal" skin is.

Personally I will take any long term improvement i can get, permanent or disappearing in 20 years. Though I would think in icaretohelp context that he meant the results are permanent but the wear and tear of age will result in normally ageing flaws and not the re-appearance of the scars.

I do too but, its kinda weird for him to emphasize that, like there is a hidden message or something. I mean obviously if your scars magically disapear one day, your skin will still age, I dont see a reason to notify us of that, and actually he is not the first that I heard it from, so I am getting the impression there is something we are not being told.