Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RahGoAwayAcne

Rapid skin shedding

Ok I'm 99% sure my type of acne is caused by the hypersensitivity of my skin, it seems to shed constantly night and day and if left will severely clog my pores. I exfoliate and moisturise once a day but even thats not enough. I don't use any other products.

Basically, is there any way to make my skin more resilient?

Ok I'm 99% sure my type of acne is caused by the hypersensitivity of my skin, it seems to shed constantly night and day and if left will severely clog my pores. I exfoliate and moisturise once a day but even thats not enough. I don't use any other products.

Basically, is there any way to make my skin more resilient?

I've got a similar problem where my skin will flake like crazy in certain spots, yet turn into an oil slick by the end of the day. Then the flakes obviously get trapped and cause nasty pustules (this happens on my forehead mostly). So far, the best thing i've found is once every night to take some jojoba oil, rub it all around with your fingers to remove the dead skin, and either wash it off with a good gentle cleanser or go the all natural route and just wipe it off with a smooth water soaked washcloth (not a rough cloth that will scratch skin) or water soaked facial cleansing cloth (walgreens sells cotton ones right next to the cotton balls). I'm also just trying to incorporate an ACV toner into this for added benefits, but i've done it the just jojoba way before and it's still helped alot.

Thanks, I've actually been using Jojoba as my moisturiser and you're right it does help massively. But I still find even with it (I leave it on to sink) the middle of the next day I'll already have dry skin flakes start to develop.

I don't even know what to think about my skin type anymore. It dries out very quickly, in that it flakes easily -- so much so that there are only very specific foundations I can use, most make my skin look flaky and awful. Yet it's not dry at all, it's incredibly oily, hence the acne.

I'm so effing sick of my stupid skin not just making it's mind up. Seriously, how unlucky is it to have acne-causing oily skin, AND dry flaky skin at the same time?

Dans AHA used consistently 2 times a week or more makes your skin tougher and thicker. Thanks to the 10% glycolic acid.