Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was thinking of starting to use both of these because of all the great reviews, but I was confused on how. I want to use the jojoba oil to balance oil production and as a moisturizer, and the coconut oil to control my mind acne. I put the coconut oil on at night, should I put the jojoba oil on as well? In the morning I just put on the jojoba. Do you guys think this will be good or should I do it differently?

I want to use the jojoba oil to balance oil production...

Okay, I'll bite: what the blue blazes does "balance oil production" mean?? :)

My skin is too oily. help make it not as oily

Uhh....excuse me, but how is your skin going to be less oily, if you smear jojoba oil on it? :rolleyes:

Read about jojoba oil!

I have, and jojoba oil is one of the subjects of a lot of silly Urban Myths which have been discussed for years on this site. I suggest that you keep reading about the skin and sebaceous glands here. Hopefully, you'll be able to separate truth from fiction.

Well apparently how it works is that you eat it, i copied this from a post about coconut oil.

HOW I USE IT:

I eat about two table spoons per meal, except when I eat protein. So about 2 table spoons every 3 hours, dont go overboard on this, you just have to try how much your body can handle because you can get diarreah or it be bad if you have high blood pressure.

I tried putting it all over my face but it clogged my pores. Now I only used it after a pimple has popped open, it heals really fast!

and here is a post you may want to read about The Oil Cleansing method. The poster suggests mixing oils. But you can just use jojoba oil.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/OIL-CLEAN...Hi-t141871.html

I have never tried these products in the ways they have described it. But I would use it how the acne.org regimen suggest you use jojoba oil which is 3-6 drop mixed with your mosturizer at night.

What are you using on your skin now, to cleanse, treat, etc.? And are you planning on only using jojoba oil and coconut oil? or mix it with the regimen you are doing?

Edited by ILoveMyPuppy