Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hapa

Mineral Makeup help!

So i dont even really wear makeup :| but i'd like some help anyway. I was planning on buying from the Elusyion brand...simply because that is what's available in my local store.

http://www.earthyessences.com.au/promotion...ngredients.html

The powders contain: Mica, Zinc Oxide

and may contain : Iron oxides, titanium dioxide, ultramarines

Do you think this makeup would be good for my skin which has little small bumps all over it. I heard Mica could be bad?

So i dont even really wear makeup :| but i'd like some help anyway. I was planning on buying from the Elusyion brand...simply because that is what's available in my local store.

http://www.earthyessences.com.au/promotion...ngredients.html

The powders contain: Mica, Zinc Oxide

and may contain : Iron oxides, titanium dioxide, ultramarines

Do you think this makeup would be good for my skin which has little small bumps all over it. I heard Mica could be bad?

Dont know about Elusyion brand, but i use Bare Essentuals and its awesome! It has mica and bismuth in it, but it does not break me out!

Try that

The ingredients are fine, pretty typical of a mineral foundation, but that is extremely overpriced!

With that price, you might as well buy online. Some places I recommend:

Everyday Minerals (www.everydayminerals.com) has free sample kits (pay only shipping), and full-sized foundations at $12. A very popular choice; 4 formulas with varying coverage. They also have the best brushes ever, and tons of freebies and contests on the fan club pages. 25% off if you buy 5+ items, 45% off if you purchase 12 or more items,

Silk Naturals (www.silknaturals.com) foundation is interesting. You receive an ivory base (choose from original, medium, heavy, or vegan formula) and a pigment, and you mix together your perfect shade. It's great if you're iffy at finding your shade online, plus you can go lighter or darker with the seasons. Except for the vegan formula, the foundation contains real silk powder, and goes on like a dream. I personally wear the medium coverage, and I've never had any caking. It's super light, I always forget I'm wearing makeup with this =). Shipping is very reasonable, and a full-sized starter kit is about $11 for a pouch of Ivory base, and a pouch of pigment. The pigment should last you several full-sized foundations, depending on skin-tone.

to the OP, yes, i've also heard of ppl breaking out from mica. but speaking as a person who breaks out extremely easily, my foundation right now has those ingredients and it doesn't irritate my skin.

something else i'd like to add about silknaturals, their shipping is really fast. & their rating for their foundation on makeupalley is pretty high. it's kind of hard for me to go on that website and not want to buy something, so i'm not on there too much.

Thank you all! I ended up buying some and it is awesome although a tad expensive. I get 25% off though because i work at the store that i buy it from :)