Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
prettyboy909

Name YOur Facial Cleanser

I'm going the same route as you, water only - but I'm going to use small dabs of 10% BP at night on whiteheads and emerging whiteheads (those are all I get).

While cleanser 1x a day seemed to reduce acne spots, it really destroyed my skin (which is very sensitive now at age 24 and after one round of B5 and three tours of Accutane and years of products). Moisturizer didn't help and made me break out more.

Keep us updated.

Same here bro, accutane 3x and antibiotics plus bp plus pretty much everything else you can think of

acne is caused by something inside us not outside, we need to figure out what that is and control it

i think diet and hormones are key, this is why i'm trying the paleo diet plus no masturbation. i've been on it a week so far and it seems to be working.

Are any specific foods triggers for you? I'm in great shape with my normal diet, which is mainly homestyle meals with a fair amount of processed foods, but not too many sugars.

i'm pretty sure it dairy that breaks me out but it might be gluten as well

i would experiment with this because i love raw milk and on top of being good for you its perfect for bodybuilding but i'm too scared of breaking out again and i don't want to spend another 2 weeks shut in recovering from another breakout just because i wanted some milk

whenever i feel like i want a glass of milk or a piece of cake i simply remember:

"discipline weighs an ounce, regret a ton"

if this is my fate then so be it, but i will not live any longer than i have to with this bullshit that steals my life

i'm pretty sure it dairy that breaks me out but it might be gluten as well

i would experiment with this because i love raw milk and on top of being good for you its perfect for bodybuilding but i'm too scared of breaking out again and i don't want to spend another 2 weeks shut in recovering from another breakout just because i wanted some milk

whenever i feel like i want a glass of milk or a piece of cake i simply remember:

"discipline weighs an ounce, regret a ton"

if this is my fate then so be it, but i will not live any longer than i have to with this bullshit that steals my life

that's a great REMINDER Ballsoftitanium. Short, sweet, and totally true.

what are you doing for the diet and lifting weights>> i mean, what do you eat after lifting weights that doesn't stray from your Paleo diet? which is what exactly?

have u tried green smoothies?

Edited by Sito

I think my spots are a combination of hormones, dairy/meat, stress, possible bacteria/grease trapped in sheets. I would like to give up dairy and meat but is so hard, so just trying to reduce consumption of them.

As for using no products, i agree the dryness/tightness would alleviate after a while as the skin adjusts, but would using only water not leave the skin feeling dull - unexfoliated?

The other thing i read lately was about detoxing the body - to clear skin from within - but this is defeated by the products we put on our face which have toxins in them & get into the blood stream. So perhaps very natural products would be worth trialling? I have yet to find a good facewash that is free from sodium laureth sulphate, parabens & other nasties.

ive been reading this thread and Ive a humble suggestion: dont use alcohol on your skin or products that contain alcohol. leads to scarring! makes redness resist as what I read. personal experience, I used to use Clinique's toner for oily skins which has alcohol thought it was wonderful felt so clean with it but made my skin worse!