Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
km123

Shiny Skin

I switched to the Regimen from Proactiv 8 months ago and I couldn't be happier with the results!

My question is: How do I deal with this shiny skin epidemic! I want to use a daily SPF, but I heard SPF is what makes your face shiny. To be honest, I can remember life before SPF was pretty shiny too.

I've been using Aveeno's daily face moisturizer for senstive skin with SPF, I love it because it has feverfew in it which helps to calm the redness (it really does work), but I'm just so shiny. So if you know of a mattifying, non-comodegenic, calming, SPF facial lotion, let me know!

I was using Oil-Free Moisture SPF 15 from Neutrogena however I think I noticed what you are explaining as well.

I refuse to use a moisturizer at all if it makes my face look shiny/greasy. Which is why I have almost always steered clear of any facial moisturizer even though I have always had dry skin. I thought they all made me feel greasy or just didn't absorb into the skin. I guess I just haven't used the right ones.

I still have yet to find one that works for me as well. So hopefully someone will suggest one. I'll most likely start off with Dan's moisturizer however I'm sure I'll want to switch to one with SPF in it in the future.