Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Geeking

How ya feelin' about your acne today?

I really don't know how to feel I'm a bit indifferent I suppose in relation where I'm at with my acne. It seems as though my face will look just about clear and then WHAM a cyst will crop up. A really painful one at that. I'm also left with horrible hyper-pigmentation. So I'm about 60% clear just not entirely happy with the tone or texture of my skin.

I feel like I should stop posting on here only when I'm having bad days, so I'll post right now and say that I'm doing pretty well right now. Good tea + new books = <3, all the way.

Acne wise, actualyl decent. I only have one actual zit and thats a normal sized one that I dont care mcuh for.

But skin wise, SUPER PISSED. I dont know what the hells wrong with me, but all of the sudden my whiel face si covered in these tiny, MICROSCOPIC little colorless dots, it sort of feels like slight goosebumps when I touch it. Theyre not visible unless you look at my face carefully in the sun. But they sort of um...itch. Theyre colorless and reallly small, but they cover my ENTIRE forhead and chin and a bit aronud my jawlnie and cheeks. Everyone says the cant see what I mtaolking aobut at all, but I ensure somethings there. Like a million tiny little baby whiteheads? Theyre on ym chest too and let me tell you they itch. Not as much on my face. But my back and chest and neck ITCH. Theyre not eczema, or hives ro chicken pox. Tiny colorless dots. I havent eaten anythingo ut fo the oridnary or used anything odd on my face or have anything touch my face. I got this same thing last year around before christmas. Except they were a little more severe. Can someone please give any thoguht to what this might be? Last time it lasted around 5 days. What should I do? Or can I just wiat it out? Know what this is? Thanks:)

I feel ugly and today sad.png It's depressing being almost 22, hanging out with a large group of people, looking around and seeing that I am the only one with pimples all over my face. I feel like crying and almost wish I would have stayed on birth control. Acne affects my life, days like today I would rather get a bad side effect 10 years from now than have to deal with the daily life of having acne. Today I have avoided my husband because I don't want him to see my ugly skin sad.png I wish there was another option for hormonal acne besides BCP. I was on it for 3 years and decided to go off of it in July due to possible long term side effects. Ive had acne all my teenage years but being on the birth control mostly cleared it for me. Since July it has been progressively getting worse. I have at least 5 cysts on my face and countless pustules on my chin and lower cheeks. I just want to hide!!!

I feel a lot better today. All my white heads are dried out, the derm said my acne is only minor, and I am getting my first peel tomorrow. She showed me photos of her clients that got results after only 1 treatment. I am quite happy and optimistic now. rolleyes.gif

I feel ugly and today sad.png It's depressing being almost 22, hanging out with a large group of people, looking around and seeing that I am the only one with pimples all over my face. I feel like crying and almost wish I would have stayed on birth control. Acne affects my life, days like today I would rather get a bad side effect 10 years from now than have to deal with the daily life of having acne. Today I have avoided my husband because I don't want him to see my ugly skin sad.png I wish there was another option for hormonal acne besides BCP. I was on it for 3 years and decided to go off of it in July due to possible long term side effects. Ive had acne all my teenage years but being on the birth control mostly cleared it for me. Since July it has been progressively getting worse. I have at least 5 cysts on my face and countless pustules on my chin and lower cheeks. I just want to hide!!!

Sorry to hear you're feeling that way, Sarah. I hope things can improve for you soon. Many of us have been there; those moments when you just can't see a way out. They do pass because there are always solutions and options. Don't give up hope. It saddens me to hear that you feel like hiding away. I know how that feels. You shouldn't hide from your husband though! No doubt he loves you for who you are and it won't matter what you skin is like. Sure he'll want to help you through tough times and be there with you, and it's not like hiding away helps you either because you'd only feel even lower for it. Really hope you're feeling better in yourself very soon. Stay strong! :)

I stopped using protein powder and protein bars. I cut out all sodas and now my complexion looks healthier. But I am sick of drinking water all of the time.

Yaa same i only drinkk water too, cut out all junk food. But i likee how my skin looks right noww (kinda)

Have either of you tried that powder flavor they make for water nowdays? I'm not suggesting it because I haven't tried it/don't know the ingredients, just wondering.

i'm feeeling sexy today, all my acne is pretty much gone just a few red marks from a couple zits and scars oh well. but damn i look so good if i could sleep with myself if i could, it should be a crime to look this good.

Edited by jjballer22

Worried. My acne's gone but I finished Accutane 2 days ago and am terrified it'll come back.

Maybe it will, maybe it won't. For now, enjoy the fact that you don't have it. Congratulations on clearing up!

Should it come back at a later date, you could deal with it then, but it might not even happen. No sense in worrying about something which might not happen.

So don't stress or worry, just go and enjoy your clear skin. Well done, Callum! biggrin.png

Might as well add a little something while I'm here...

Feeling so much better this week, today especially. I have one tiny pimple, that's all. Otherwise, my skin's looking great.

Hard to believe that less than two weeks ago, it was a complete mess from all my picking and I was as low as I've been in ages. It's like so super-intense bipolar thing where my moods go to one extreme or the other from day to day depending on my skin. Getting really tired of that so it's time for it to stop.

I've quite picking my skin and popping pimples. Well, haven't quite managaed it, although I've popped just one pimple in the last six days. For someone who would pick or pop everything in sight maybe twice a day, that's massive. I've just gone cold turkey with it. Totally ignored everything and they've gone away as fast as they appeared.

I took a food intolerance test yesterday, looking forward to getting the results and seeing what shows up. Then I can tailor my diet for good and make it more skin-friendly.

I had a group therapy session for depression on Wednesday and the subject was barriers and the things we put in the way of doing what we want to do. I was straight in there and told them my skin history. Actually brought one of the therapists to tears, she thought it was so sad how I've held myself back for as many years as I have and felt like a prisoner in my own skin. Never talked to anyone in person in such detail before, never mind a group, so that was massive for me. Really glad I did it though. They know about the no-picking thing so when I go back next week, they'll be able to tell how I've done, one way or the other. Letting other people know kind of makes it official in a way, like I can focus on proving to them that I can do this.

Feel like everything is heading in the right direction. Finally getting my head straight and getting to a good place. This is allowingme to focus on my skin in a positive way and take control. If I carry on and can keep going as well as I have for the last week, I want to see if I can be clear by the start of 2012.

smile.png

Edited by PaulH85

I just realized my member status is now veteran! I don't know how I feel about that:(

So now I've had acne for a while =\

I feel horrible. I hate my face. I am going to try to get accutane tomorrow but I'm reading horrible things that it has done to people. Do I keep my acne or take tane and risk getting serious heath issues that will ruin my life even further? I had a panic attack and suicidal thoughts at work last week. (thoughts that i will never act on but still cannot help having.) I tried staying positive and I thought things where improving but I'm not going to lie to myself. I want to quit my job and limit interaction with everyone except the people I am living with.

Jinxed myself two new pimples this morning. Not huge but still irritating to get at my age. My situation feels hopeless. My scarring is not going to clear 100% so I am going to have to accept it at some point. Or I don't have to accept it. I can just stay miserable. Maybe I should be focusing on achieving things that actually matter like an education. I have reached the age where my looks will begin to slowly deteriorate and my prime years are behind me. Maybe I should just move on.

i have clear skin now and it's great. tbh it's not that great of a difference in my life, except i can speak more confidently to woman and i'm a little more open. life honestly doesn't just get sooooo much better once you get clear skin, yea it's a plus but it's seriously a non factor on a lot of things. looking back i just don't know why i wasn't just confident as a i was now when i did have acne, people dont care about that shit. too much going on to care.

Goode. The weird rash dissapeared in about 5 days, as I left it alone. I only have 1 actaul pimple, normal sized pink one on the side of my nose...but its the same one so its good . ihave some tiny weeny white heads patrolling my nose and forehead. not niticeable at all, not one bit, but i see them when i look close, not an anoyance, just hoping they stay at bay. OTherwise my skni looks pretty good. But when its this good, I wake up in them orning in fear that it wont be liek that this day.

Jinxed myself two new pimples this morning. Not huge but still irritating to get at my age. My situation feels hopeless. My scarring is not going to clear 100% so I am going to have to accept it at some point. Or I don't have to accept it. I can just stay miserable. Maybe I should be focusing on achieving things that actually matter like an education. I have reached the age where my looks will begin to slowly deteriorate and my prime years are behind me. Maybe I should just move on.

Eh, I personally feel like accepting it would probably be a lot less... well, misery-inducing than staying miserable. Have you thought about getting laser work/peels if you're worried about the scarring? Yes it might take a while, but it's better than taking... a longer while. (Wow, I am bad at being optimistic.)

At the risk of sounding a little sexist, I think men's prime years last a lot longer than women's prime years. So unless you're nearing 50, I think you still probably have a decent amount of mileage left. If you're in your thirties, then these are your prime years.

PISSED OFF.

my face was finally starting to feel better after the breakout I got earlier this week and then I get a new under the skin pimple on the other side of my face. it would be nice to have consistent clear skin, because lately it's been acting up and it's really bringing me down.

I am definitely not in my thirties. How dare you

Easy, she said if. Our prime years are whenever we decide they are because life is what we make it. There is probably going to have to be a degree of acceptance, sure, but don't give up hope of things improving or of being able to find things which help. :)