Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Geeking

How ya feelin' about your acne today?

Just awful. Being ill all week has left me with a terrible break out and what should've been a great day with friends turned into a bad day where I've come home early and am now sitting in the garden praying sun will help. I'm terrified it's going to get worse..

Hang in there everyone! Similar thing here xjessaminx, missed a birthday party on Friday cos of the state of my face!

If 1 was good and 10 was bad im feeling about a 9 at the mo!

I have had a couple of big sore red marks which never actually developed into spots between my eyebrows for the last week and they just dont seem to go away!

Also got a load of whiteheads and red marks going on around my mouth meh...

Still crappy...I woke up with about 7 new actives. :( I'm making an appointment to get this damn IUD out next week. This is stupid to run the risk of possibly scarring my face permanently for birth control. Just STUPID!

Couple of pimples on my chin which are healing now. Nothing active. Went to the beach yesterday so my typically pale British skin has some colour for a change. Liked what I saw in the mirror earlier, not often that happens.

So all pretty good actually. Just a pity I feel really rubbish in myself, but that's another subject entirely... :wall:

Edited by PaulH85

Im pretty okay with it now.

Just got over a few large cysts directly on my nose. (Each lasting a combined total of about 20 days) Dx

In my opinion my skin is looking the best it has in a while. It could still definitely be better but Im not complaining I guess. :'3

Terrible! Just got three new papules above my eyebrows- and they're SYMMETRICAL. :mad:

I was clearing up and getting all excited because I have to go to my cousin's graduation and wanted to be clear for that, but guess I won't be now :( It's in a different state, too, so the water is different=me breaking out every time I wash my face there :(

Since feeling really down recently I just had a video chat with my friend completely makeupless because I haven't seen her in ages and there was no way I was going to put a full face of makeup on at 10pm OR cancel on her and without her knowing anything the first thing she said was, 'how fresh faced and lovely do you look!' made me feel so much better and actually nearly made me want to cry (in a good way - how sad is that!). I hope I'm going to keep feeling positive - this rollercoaster is so draining sometimes and people I know just have no idea how it can make you feel emotionally.

I'm actually feeling good about my acne today, and for the past couple of weeks actually which is such a change. It's not gone away but I think my Dianette is finally kicking in and it seems to be getting very slowly better. It's not flawless, I still have between 5-10 lil bumps/clogged pores, a couple of healing scabby dry patches etc, but in comparison to a month ago, it's soo much better. Even the texture of my skin is SO much better. I think that's been the biggest improvement, it just looks healthier, even with the acne. I obviously want it to clear up completely but it's so much more manageable in the state it's currently in. I just hope the progress continues and it doesn't get worse in a few days.

I hope everyone else is doing ok and keeping their spirits up.

I am such a sensitive person about everything, but most of all my acne. I just get so upset about my skin- it makes me feel like a monster. I've had breakouts for as long as I can remember. I'm 24 and little zits first started popping up when I was 10. I've tried everything short of accutane.... and I don't think my skin is currently bad enough to warrant it. I have wanted to be an actress for a long time, but I don't feel confident about my looks yet because of my skin so I keep putting it off. I just went to the dermatologist to change up my meds, but I've sort of lost faith that anything can get me looking like a normal person. I work so hard on it, but my skin still looks bad. Very upsetting :(

Today

I feel yucky. Again. My time of the months break outs are back fighting again and i look like I got a fu**ing cold sore. I've poped the one near my lip like fifty million times today and it won't go the hell away.

Periods suck. They make me feel like everything i worked for was worthless. :|

Hey so I'm new on this site so I decided to comment on this.. :dance:

Well my acne is not bad at all anymore :clap: .. I been using Clinique acne solution and taking bactrim once a day and my acne has finally calm down.. I have a lot of scars tho which make me feel like shit.. anyways my mom bought me cicatricure for acne scars 2 weeks ago n i havnt even open it lol :doh:

Today she told me ur face look way better u been using that stuff i bought u huh.. lol :cool:

I have so much going on in my life right now :cry: that acne n scars is not in my mind :rolleyes: that much..

Good and bad. After a day in the sun, the stuff betwwen my eyeborws thats been forever is gone. GONE. Just some scars pigmentations to remind me (which are going away too). My cheek scars are looking bettter. I did get a fat little zit on the side of my cheek and one lil bump on my forehead. But theyll go away fast ,and the bad and hard stuff is gone. hallelujah. My bakc is sort of usnburnt tho. Pray prgress comes

i was feeling good until now acne; has presented itself just when my marks were fading and my skin was starting to look good.

ughh i hate it when this happens!

Well I just started using Clearsil and got oil free everything and acne mark reducer or whatever. I've been using it for about over a week and the stuff has made my chin break out really bad. Normally my chin isn't this horrible. I have scarring which is pretty evident but four new ones plopped their happy little asses on my face and they're red and enflamed and horrible looking.

Very disappointed, I'm young and spent my own hard earned money on this expensive product just for it to fuck up my face even more. :wall:

:(

Just the other day I posted saying how good I was feeling about my acne, now it couldn't be a more different story :(

I'm feeling so low about it today. I took a picture of it this morning to compare it to some from a couple of weeks ago and it is definitely better, but being at home a lot this week and procrastinating from work, I've gone to the mirror a lot and picked SO much. My face is now scabby and sore and red. I'm currently a bit obsessed with blackheads. Probably because they're my main problem at the moment. It's just so stupid of me because blackheads aren't half as bad as pustules - they're barely visible for Christ sake! I should be thankful that I don't have as many whiteheads or pustules (I still have them, just not in the same quantity as before). Regardless, I can't stop searching for them and attacking them. Most have been successful extractions and have barely left a mark but several have gone wrong and left me with pussy scabs :( :( as a result make up doesn't look as good as it did a few days ago, and my face hurts :(

I am so self destructive and I just want to cry :(

Feeling a bit fed up now really :( It's hard to work everyday in an environment where all your colleagues have perfect skin and you feel like the monster in the corner. Meh.

Depressed...

Sigh, I was feeling fine for a while but my skin has been really bad lately.

Some huge pus filled pimple (cyst?) popped up next to my mouth today. I guess it's going to leave an ugly mark.

Last week some huge thing (not even sure if it was acne) popped up right below my eye, on the "dark circle area". The scab fell off yesterday, and I REALLY REALLY hope it will heal. Else I'm stuck with a bump/scar in the worst possible place... :(

I hate waking up in the morning, looking at my face and knowing there will be new pimples.

There's going to be a big party tonight but I don't think I'll go. I just want to hide.

There was this mutual crush thing going on with a girl before summer, but I don't even want to see her now when she returns. I feel too ugly.

I know my acne isn't considered that severe, but it ruins my life.

The worst part is that my acne seems to heal a lot worse lately, leaving ugly marks/hyper pigmentation and scars.

Argh... it never seems to stop. This has ruined so many years of my life.

Really good for once! The red marks are terrible but in terms of spots - they're all pretty much died down now! I for the first time ever in months have no proper ones. I'm excited but trying not to get my hopes up too much as I'm anticipating at least a small breakout from my awful diet this entire week. However, I'm out tonight so *touch wood* makeup goes alright and I'll get to be confident for once.

Edited by xjessaminx

So depressed...

My skin was getting better these last few days, but now two small papules have appeared. I don't know why, since I never had those...

F*CK THIS!!!!!!!

my acne seems ok atm

I have been a bit more consistent with my regimen this week so my skin looks better then last week but I really need to stop being lazy and use (more) moisterizer

Skin is OK today - but I've come to the sad realisation after seeing pics on facebook (i fricking hate the tag feature!) that whether I have good or bad skin I am always going to be unconfident in myself and that kinda sucks. If it isn't my skin thats not behaving - it's my hair or just my face in general! argh. :/ but least if the regimen does work that'll be one flaw down.

Skin is OK today - but I've come to the sad realisation after seeing pics on facebook (i fricking hate the tag feature!) that whether I have good or bad skin I am always going to be unconfident in myself and that kinda sucks. If it isn't my skin thats not behaving - it's my hair or just my face in general! argh. :/ but least if the regimen does work that'll be one flaw down.

I went to a gig last night, signed into Facebook today and saw that I'd been tagged in a few pictures. I was in the front row and the photographers seemed just as interested in taking pictures of the crowd as they did the band! :rolleyes: So there are several pictures where I'm right in the middle of the frame and I look at them and think, 'Noooooo! I look horrible!'

My skin's not too bad at all really - the odd pimple, nothing at all to worry about - but I still can't stand looking at pictures of myself. :sick: I don't know what it is though. It's like I look at everyone else in the pictures and think, 'They look normal, there's nothing about them one way or the other, they just look like ordinary people', but then I look at myself in the very same image and think, 'Ewww! Look at that!'

The pictures aren't especially flattering as they're mid-gig so maybe I'm singing along or something. In a picture, those kind of action shots make you look a bit silly, but there's nothing more than that. It's all in my mind really and I never seem to be able to get over it. In my mind, at the time, I feel like the odd one out. I look at pictures and think that I look like the odd one out, too. Strange. :confused:

Edited by PaulH85