Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Geeking

How ya feelin' about your acne today?

Eh, alright. Not too worried about it, mainly because it is the weekend. Not going out anyway, so I've just been sitting at home looking cool with calamine lotion all over my face. I'm sick of clearing up the problems and then getting some more over night. Just wish I was clear all the time. :doh:

After the stress and upset I've experienced this week, like nothing I've experienced before, it could be a lot worse. The left side of my face is broken out because I decided to pick at it and make it worse. My nose isn't looking too amazing either. Been better, but it's been worse too. Give it a few days and it'll be gone so I don't really care to be honest, haven't got the energy for it right now.

I suppose what bugs me most is that I always feel like I'm so close to clearing up for a while, then... BANG! BREAKOUT! Just leaves me thinking, 'Why can't you just give me a break for a while?!'

I got the break I was looking for a couple of months ago but I think the way I "managed" a stressful situation which came after resulted in me messing it up. I think that's the main thing I have to change now; leave it alone and stop making it worse.

I am done. I am sick of vitamins, drinking tons of water, using bp, neosporin or any other cream, ointment or topical on my face. At 51 yrs of age I am done. No one else my age has this crap to deal with. I am embaressed and just really have better things to look forward to like lines, wrinkles and puffiness! I am sick of worring about going out to eat, being invited to a party and then worring all the way home if it will effect me with a break out. I am done trying to find the cure. And there is no cure, at least not for me. Fight the good fight everyone and if you find your cure, I am happy for you! Other wise I AM DONE. Elf

I am done. I am sick of vitamins, drinking tons of water, using bp, neosporin or any other cream, ointment or topical on my face. At 51 yrs of age I am done. No one else my age has this crap to deal with. I am embaressed and just really have better things to look forward to like lines, wrinkles and puffiness! I am sick of worring about going out to eat, being invited to a party and then worring all the way home if it will effect me with a break out. I am done trying to find the cure. And there is no cure, at least not for me. Fight the good fight everyone and if you find your cure, I am happy for you! Other wise I AM DONE. Elf

i hear you elf!! im going to be 44 next week, and im so sick and tired of this! i always had acne but it was manageable for the most part till like 7 months ago..43 years old!! i started to get cystic acne then on my left cheek, how frkn depressing! im glad to say im going on 7 weeks of no new acne, buttt the marks i am dealing with now on my left cheek are so depressing. at 43 my skin doesnt heal as fast or as nicely as it did. and now to deal with wrinkles, its just not fair! im feelin moderately ok abt my skin today bc im grateful that im not breaking out. but it sucks to wake up every morning scared ..i just dont think i cld handle another cystic break out at this point...my left cheek is so marked up and will take a very long time for the hyperpigmentation to go away, and for something new to happen wld really just suck!!

not feeling good..hope the zinc helps..just started last week..

i met a gal after a long long time..we used to talk on the phone..and so we met in person..she was shocked i guess..what could i expect??me and my red face with my scars.i'm better off alone anyways..

not feeling good..hope the zinc helps..just started last week..

i met a gal after a long long time..we used to talk on the phone..and so we met in person..she was shocked i guess..what could i expect??me and my red face with my scars.i'm better off alone anyways..

That's a shame. To be fair, I think you could have expected more than what you got. Granted, if people don't find us physically attractive, so be it. But if her response to you was based purely on your skin, that's pretty shallow. Seems like you would be better off without her in that respect because she doesn't sound supportive. Probably best to try not to dwell on it. Easier said than done of course.

So far this year, I've met two girls with whom I thought something may happen. In both cases, my skin was looking good and didn't seem to be an issue to either of them, yet they both ended up giving reasons (or possibly excuses?) as to why they didn't want to see me again. I was hoping to learn from the experiences but neither of them were straight with me so in the end I had more questions than answers. :wacko:

The worst thing is, I'd never gone looking for a relationship or gone on dates because of a lack of confidence etc, which was initially triggered by my acne. Then the girls came along and I tried my best to show some confidence, which worked to a point, but I don't suppose either of them realised or appreciated what it took for me to do that, and I feel like neither of them took my feelings into account at all. :(

I guess I'm better without them because, in both cases, they didn't really show me that they're caring people, but it still brings me down. Yet another blow to my confidence, and yet another thing which has continued to feed my depression and lack of self esteem. :rolleyes:

Still, it's not the worst thing that could happen to us and I'm sure things will come good for us sooner or later. :)

Guest pokemonster

sick, disgusted, tired and angry from everything, including fucking acne obviously. bitch just neeed to dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :mad:

TERRIBLE, I have a big red mark on my nose from removing all the puss from a sub-dermal pimple.

Overall I'm glad I did it since there was a lot of crap stuck in my pores and it was beginning to hurt like hell plus I would have otherwise had to live with this for a LOT longer but I'll be staying in all week until this clears up.

My skin seems a bit dry but nothing too bad and currently the rest of my face is 99% clear (minor imperfections on my neck)

*sigh* How tiresome...you finally seem to have some more control over the redness/dryness and you're clear and suddenly this BS happens

Luckily I know my acne like the back of my hand so it'll be fine by Friday, (I hope I have enough food in the house...arg)

Edited by Phoenix Fireless

I'll be staying in all week until this clears up.

Big red nose monsters are the worst! :wall: I had one a couple of weeks ago and when I crossed my eyes, I could see it on the end of my nose! :lol:

I'm past caring these days to be honest. Although I have the odd relapse, I just try and go about my daily routine and carry on as best I can.

Don't let it make you stay home all week, get out there! Wish I could go out in the sunshine, but I'm stuck in the office! :doh:

Edited by PaulH85

I have been stressed for the past couple days because I went off BP a couple weeks ago and I am starting to see the effects. I have semi-large inflamed pimples on the right cheek nearer the nose and a bunch of little new white/red pimples above my eyebrows because I thought it would be smart to get my eyebrows waxed :/ Also a couple newer ones near my chin, where I never get them anymore X( i thought..

And I thought it would be smart to pick at a deep blackhead Sunday night and its still a large flat scab at the end of my nose, like 2mm around. FML!!!

And my bf is coming over in two hours and I'm all inflamed with this nose scab. We are a new couple but he already says he loves me after this month going out. He has perfect skin!!!! How can he not be a little freaked out or curious enough to stare??

I'm just going to hope for the best and hope his love for me will make him not even really notice. <3

I'm feeling great. After struggling with acne for the past ten years I've finally hit a breakthrough! Not only do I have loads of zits, blackheads, red marks and scars even though I've tried every possible treatment but now, at age 23, my forehead is finally starting to break out! Yeah, it feels fucking great to be alive!

Horrible. I've been breaking out like crazy, like never before. I have a bunch of cysts that throb and hurt immensely at my cheek area and jaw line. It's just not fair. These wounds on my face. Last weekend my mom once again made me feel like it was my fault my skin is the way it is. I got angry and left the house to drive back to my apartment. I cried in the car.

Not very good. It's better than when I last posted though... for the moment. It's funny, my acne used to only be on my cheeks, now it's everywhere else. I've cleared up the pimples around my chin (thank god). They've left nasty red marks though. I've semi cleared up the pimples around my cheek bone. I've got one pimple on my nose which is seriously unheard of for me. No matter how oily and irritated my nose looks, it never breaks out. I've also started getting pimples on my forehead. :doh:

Guest pokemonster

lawlz so done with this

I'm feeling a little better. When my bf visited I kept it pretty dark with movies and stuff. Lol

I'm seeing him tonight and I just feel so blah but luckily everything is healing a little. Just slow. Why do I heal so slow??? Not fair I say!!

But I'm going to brave it out. Prob not going to go to my last class tho before he comes over so I can try relaxing. I hope this f**ked up scab at the end of my nose heals, he's seriously a great guy cuz I know he notices. How can he not??

I'm just going to be super positive and nice and smile and that should cover up how insecure I am about the nose scab. If anything I can say it's a sun burn because it actually looks like one LOL :lol:

The scab on my nose healed completely...unfortunately I still have a sub-dermal pimple on my nose. it's slightly raised and pink/redish hue.

makes me think I didn't get all the crap outta there :(

I actually considered puncturing it with a needle but screw it, I'll leave it alone for now and try attacking it 'gently' with benzoyl peroxide for a while.

I'm done worrying for now...besides it's time to go outside again :eh:

Edited by Phoenix Fireless

It's been two months since I've had several breakouts for nooooo reason.

I still have a bunch of scars from the acne I had a few weeks ago... Some of the acne won't even go away. And some are itchy... >.< I think I grew some new ones too.

But... I am glad a bunch of my pimples aren't feeling sore anymore. I can finally wash my face without feeling a lot of pain.

I think I am going to visit the dermatologist soon and hopefully get all of this cleared up.

good! my jawline is infested but I don't give a shit! I am going to heal! Positive thoughtttttttssssss

going to drink my vinegar water now with honey! care to join?

Pretty horrible. My forehead looks like shit. I just shaved and realized my red marks were a lot worse than they were. I'm considering hitting them with lemon juice for a few weeks. I did it about a month ago and got awesome results...just within a week. Thing is, I'm not sure if it made the pimple situation worse. DECISIONS. I've got a party to go to tonight also...so not up for it. I really don't want cameras to be there. :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Feeling better. My scab fell off and the pink skin is healing. I don't think I got any new pimples today :D Also my skin is healing from being off BP and from a clay mask I foolishly applied which broke me out.

I'm just chillin most of the day at my parents house and then going home to do hw. Prob do a sulfur mask later after a walk :))