Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Geeking

How ya feelin' about your acne today?

A bit early, but my middle-cycle breakout is starting...
My boyfriend is leaving in less than a month. I wish I could stay in his mind as a nice looking clear-skinned girl, but no, I'll have to say goodbye tearing all over my pizza face. The best way to remember your girlfriend you won't see for 5 months. :/

I'm trying this new thing where I drink 8 glasses of water a day (along with washing my face of course). I'm on the 6th glass. I already started seeing results on the 4th glass! My skin never looked better! biggrin.png

Edited by iyonnaluv

I dunno wht i shud do for my hyperitmentation.i m using the aha almost a month

I'm on a regimen of Apple Cider Vinegar at the moment and although at the start I had a very minor breakout, it does seem to be doing the trick. My hyperpigmentation certainly looks lighter and I've not had any major cysts since starting it. Fingers crossed.

I feel like dealing with acne, and trying to figure out what approach I can take in treating it at the moment, is really taking it's toll on me lately. I've been on a study break for uni leading up to exams so haven't had to be anywhere so I've been spending A LOT of the last few days researching acne treatments and people's experiences using this or that for acne and generally just being way too focused on my skin. I'm becoming too obsessed about this and wanting clear skin. Things relating to acne have been the complete focus of my days lately. It's freaking me out a bit honestly... I think it's becoming too much of a focus... I can feel myself slipping... I think it's because I've been considering a numberof different treatments at once and trying to figure out which is best for me to take right now (I'm thinking the regimen - and then maybe add in birth control after a few months - but in less than 2 months I have to start placement for uni and I'm worried about having a horribly red flaky acne face - due to the regimen - in a professional environment... and because of the placement work coming up I would love to have better skin by then so I feel like I need to find something that works now.I don't expect something to work that fast - I'd just like improvement by then at least).

I don't want acne to be the focus of my life. I really want clear skin and I know that's not going to happen overnight and I'll keep working toward clear skin but I think I should 'distance' myself from this site for a little while - even if it's just for a week or so... I'm hoping that will help me to think less of my acne / focus on it less. And I can try and focus more on me as a whole person and work on improving self-esteem etc and just try and get back into a more positive head-space.

I don't know if it will help - because taking a break from this site isn't going to help anything if I keep googling acne related info or look up research/ journal articles on it... So I'll try and not do that either for a bit.

So yeah... going on a bit of an 'acne break' - trying to de-stress and get into a better / more positive frame of mind about myself and dealing with acne and everything else in general too..

I feel like dealing with acne, and trying to figure out what approach I can take in treating it at the moment, is really taking it's toll on me lately. I've been on a study break for uni leading up to exams so haven't had to be anywhere so I've been spending A LOT of the last few days researching acne treatments and people's experiences using this or that for acne and generally just being way too focused on my skin. I'm becoming too obsessed about this and wanting clear skin. Things relating to acne have been the complete focus of my days lately. It's freaking me out a bit honestly... I think it's becoming too much of a focus... I can feel myself slipping... I think it's because I've been considering a numberof different treatments at once and trying to figure out which is best for me to take right now (I'm thinking the regimen - and then maybe add in birth control after a few months - but in less than 2 months I have to start placement for uni and I'm worried about having a horribly red flaky acne face - due to the regimen - in a professional environment... and because of the placement work coming up I would love to have better skin by then so I feel like I need to find something that works now.I don't expect something to work that fast - I'd just like improvement by then at least).

I don't want acne to be the focus of my life. I really want clear skin and I know that's not going to happen overnight and I'll keep working toward clear skin but I think I should 'distance' myself from this site for a little while - even if it's just for a week or so... I'm hoping that will help me to think less of my acne / focus on it less. And I can try and focus more on me as a whole person and work on improving self-esteem etc and just try and get back into a more positive head-space.

I don't know if it will help - because taking a break from this site isn't going to help anything if I keep googling acne related info or look up research/ journal articles on it... So I'll try and not do that either for a bit.

So yeah... going on a bit of an 'acne break' - trying to de-stress and get into a better / more positive frame of mind about myself and dealing with acne and everything else in general too..

Please do the regimen! Don't worry about redness or flakes or anything. It's not noticeable. If anything people will notice your clearer skin! Trust me, it will be no problem, especially if you go slow and take your time with upping the amount of BP you use. Don't wait! My skin is beautiful and I feel like a freakin' goddess for the first time in YEARS! Don't wait! :) It's sooooo good.

I was in a supermarket when this idiot kid maybe about 11 years old started glancing at me furtively.I ignored it.Then he looked at me rather maliciously as if saying "What are those white dots".Why are kids so callous? Why can't their parents sensitize them by correct moral upbringing?

Maybe i'd have the last laugh when that little snob ends up getting pathetic acne at 20 .

Humility is a virtue so rare these days.

I'm gonna second Deja here...you should really give the Regimen a try, Lily. It sounds like you're stressing yourself out too much thinking about committing to these long-term treatments like birth control and stuff...as I type this right now I have ONE active thanks to being on the Regimen. Only one active pimple...compared to like a new 3-5 I'd get each day before I started the Regimen. It helps soooo much and it's worth a try and it's not like it's a HUGE commitment. if you don't like it after a few months you can just stop using it and try something else. It's definitely worth a try! (just a side note, I'm five weeks into the Regimen with the full amount of BP and I NEVER flake. Some people just don't even get flakes at all so that's something I wouldn't worry about too much)

Yes, and the best thing about the regimen is that everything is laid out for you. You will know exactly what you are supposed to do to your skin each day. For those of us with the tendency to become obsessive about our skin, constantly be reading things and trying different things, the regimen is really perfect. There will be no confusion. There will be no mixed opinions. The regimen works one way, and basically one way only. You can spend a few minutes with your skin each morning and night, and view that as your "mirror time." Obsess all you want during that time, but then let it go. I was the exact same way before, always reading and researching ad obsessing. The regimen set me free of all that. Now, in the few minutes each day I take care of my skin, I KNOW I'm doing the #1 thing I could be doing for it, medicating with a PROVEN acne treatment that REALLY works. :)

Give it a try, you're going to love it.

I've decided once I finish my last month of Tri-sprintec, I'm going to ask if I can go on Yasmin .. tri-sprintec/ortho tricyclin has never really helped much with my skin and I've been on it more or less straight for seven years or so. I want to try something different.

This last week, skin wise, has been terrible. My hormonal chin acne went totally bonkers and spread all over the place, even up on my cheeks and forehead. I'm set to begin another round of accutane sometime at the end of this month, so I can't wait. In the meantime I'm taking a particular vitamin to tide me over and .. well I want to say it's working but I don't want to jinx it. :( The breakout *seems* to have sorta halted and when I was washing my face earlier, some of the whiteheads just .. fell off. I was like LOL WAT. I don't scrub my face or anything either! So hopefully this continues and I can go back to work on Friday not feeling too much like an ogre.

One thing that has helped me is that a couple days ago, I adopted a kitten from my friend at work. He's the sweetest, most playful little baby cat I've ever known! It was supposed to be a temporary thing but I'm going to offer kitty a permanent home if my friend is okay with it. My husband named him Orion. :) he has really taken my mind off *myself* .. I have Ms. Pixie of course but she is a little bitey monster and this kitty is totally different. They play really well together, it's so funny watching a cat and ferret chase each other around the place.

I want my skin to be really nice and clear for the Hobbit premier .. I know that sounds silly but it's a big deal to me. I always go ALL OUT for these events. I'm hoping by the time it rolls around my hair will be long enough to do some elvish braids and my skin will look nice and I can feel like a princess. A girl can dream I guess.

Haha i just got done reading the Hobbit for the first time(late i know) in school and i can't wait to see the movie either

So i started popping those Accutane pills yesterday. I'm really excited and not one bit nervous. I feel the side effects are way overrated. It feels surreal to actually be taking it though. We'll see 5 months from now if this is the "miracle."

Feeling pretty damn good today. My face is totally clear and I only have some fading blemishes on my neck and chest. However, there is NOTHING active!

My mirror experiment for my CBT is going well too. Slipped up a couple of times but by and large I`m keeping to the agreed limit of three times a day only. There is still a bit anxiety attached to it - when I can`t look in the mirror I do think about what my skin is looking like but hopefully that will fade in time.

It's been a while since I visited this forum! I've been clear for a while with 1-2 zits sometimes. I thought I would break out a bit in the summer as usual, but so far, so good. My acne scars are improving! I still see some dark spots from previous acne.

I hope you all are doing great!!

I think I have a date tomorrow with this tall vegan girl. We've been talking for 2-3 days, not a lot since she's a busy girl. She's very smart and a model.. I feel like I have no match to her.. :\ We're both vegan and have a lot in common though! but I dunno, I feel like it will go bad.. lol . I am not good at this.

I will need some good tips :]

Edited by Ghostunit

It's been a while since I visited this forum! I've been clear for a while with 1-2 zits sometimes. I thought I would break out a bit in the summer as usual, but so far, so good. My acne scars are improving! I still see some dark spots from previous acne.

I think I have a date tomorrow with this tall vegan girl. We've been talking for 2-3 days, not a lot since she's a busy girl. She's very smart and a model.. I feel like I have no match to her.. :\ We're both vegan and have a lot in common though! but I dunno, I feel like it will go bad.. lol . I am not good at this.

Congrats on the date! surprised.gif If she wants to go on a date with you, she already thinks of you as a match to her. xD So don't worry, go out there and have fun!

Congrats on the date! surprised.gif If she wants to go on a date with you, she already thinks of you as a match to her. xD So don't worry, go out there and have fun!

Thanks! Yeah, she's the one who asked if I want to meet tomorrow. ^^;; I hope it goes well.

It's so hard for me to get up in the morning these days. I get up, look in the mirror and inspect my skin. Most days, there's nothing new, or if there is, a clogged pore or two that I can extract right away. But it's gotten to the point where ANYTHING, even minor, on my skin depresses me. I've become very OCD about my skin and wanting it to be 'perfect' which is impossible especially for an acne-prone young woman like me. The realistic part of my brain realizes that my skin is not that bad. And I know it's not that bad...I've seen much worse acne. But it doesn't make me feel much better. All I want to do all day is sleep my problems away and wake up to better skin...it's a vicious cycle.

With makeup on, my skin looks good. I don't have much active acne, really only around my period I get zits. And then I have to deal with my main problem, which is hyperpigmentation. When I put all my makeup on, my skin looks fine, but I feel like I'm fooling everyone. I feel like everyone would be shocked to see my skin in its real state, and I feel ashamed for hiding my flaws. I just wish I could have naturally normal skin like most of my friends do. I'm so, so exhausted with dealing with the psychological affects of acne. I'm even having anxiety about my upcoming vacation with my family. It's going to be a long plane ride and I'm not wearing makeup on it, so I'm going to feel anxious about going makeup-free in a really public place like an airport. And I'm worried my skin troubles will ruin my mood on the vacation. I CAN'T let that happen, I want to cherish this vacation and not waste it, especially when my skin isn't too bad in the first place.

The good news is I'm seeing a gyno in two weeks which is a short time. I'll be hopefully trying out a new product: either BP or Spiro. I'm near positive my acne is hormonal so I think it will help a lot. I am grateful that my skin isn't worse because it definitely could be, and I'm grateful that I have the opportunities to seek so many ways to cure acne. My brother's 24 and his acne has finally calmed down a lot, so that will probably happen to my skin in the future too.

Gotta be strong. The negative side of all of this is that in my slight depression, I've stopped working out. I also feel self conscious about going makeup free at the gym. :/ Ugh, I really hope I get everything under control soon so I can stop obsessing about all of this. It's such a waste of time and energy.

Yes, and the best thing about the regimen is that everything is laid out for you. You will know exactly what you are supposed to do to your skin each day. For those of us with the tendency to become obsessive about our skin, constantly be reading things and trying different things, the regimen is really perfect. There will be no confusion. There will be no mixed opinions. The regimen works one way, and basically one way only. You can spend a few minutes with your skin each morning and night, and view that as your "mirror time." Obsess all you want during that time, but then let it go. I was the exact same way before, always reading and researching ad obsessing. The regimen set me free of all that. Now, in the few minutes each day I take care of my skin, I KNOW I'm doing the #1 thing I could be doing for it, medicating with a PROVEN acne treatment that REALLY works. smile.png

I was using some face wash last year and it broke me out like bat shit crazy and it gave me rolling scars. Facial products made me paranoid since then. Now, I've been doing some reading lately and I heard positive things about the regimen, but as stupid as this might sound, I'm also kinda paranoid that this regimen would break me out since I have asian skin?

Anyways, did you had an initial breakout when you were on the regimen?

I feel okay about it. It's so much better than the days when you just can't stop stressing over your acne. It sucks that's why I try to take my mind off of it. Good thing I woke up today without a new pimple so I'm fine. Hoping that the succeeding days will be the same too or even better.

Feeling much better today and yesterday, skin has calmed down a little. I wore my MAC foundation last night to go to a dinner party and for the first time in ages felt quite good about my skin, it seemed to make me look like a barely had any acne or marks :) Might have to wear that one more often instead of my usual Max Factor foundation which looks more natural but doesn't cover a whole lot!

Still missing my husband who is away doing army stuff for another 2 weeks, but I will get through it.

Yes, and the best thing about the regimen is that everything is laid out for you. You will know exactly what you are supposed to do to your skin each day. For those of us with the tendency to become obsessive about our skin, constantly be reading things and trying different things, the regimen is really perfect. There will be no confusion. There will be no mixed opinions. The regimen works one way, and basically one way only. You can spend a few minutes with your skin each morning and night, and view that as your "mirror time." Obsess all you want during that time, but then let it go. I was the exact same way before, always reading and researching ad obsessing. The regimen set me free of all that. Now, in the few minutes each day I take care of my skin, I KNOW I'm doing the #1 thing I could be doing for it, medicating with a PROVEN acne treatment that REALLY works. smile.png

I was using some face wash last year and it broke me out like bat shit crazy and it gave me rolling scars. Facial products made me paranoid since then. Now, I've been doing some reading lately and I heard positive things about the regimen, but as stupid as this might sound, I'm also kinda paranoid that this regimen would break me out since I have asian skin?

Anyways, did you had an initial breakout when you were on the regimen?

No... I broke out for a long time after doing it but no worse than I was before. It wasn't even to do with my skin care, it was because during that time I was still taking probiotics and eating fermented foods, which I later discovered was destroying me. I just posted a thread in the diet section about how important it is to be careful with these foods. They were causing really bad cystic acne for me.