Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Geeking

How ya feelin' about your acne today?

My skin has been doing really well ever since I got back to school. I'm not sure if it's because I'm now using at-home blue light therapy every night, or if it's simply because I'm having more fun/spending time with friends/learning new things which makes me less stressed, and less focused, on my skin.

My skin looks 100% clear with makeup on, and IS technically 100% clear, but I still have a few PIH marks that I have to conceal. The good thing is, as of late, my marks have been fading at a much faster pace. I think it's because of my Clarisonic - the daily exfoliation. It's wonderful.

My skin has been doing really well ever since I got back to school. I'm not sure if it's because I'm now using at-home blue light therapy every night, or if it's simply because I'm having more fun/spending time with friends/learning new things which makes me less stressed, and less focused, on my skin.

My skin looks 100% clear with makeup on, and IS technically 100% clear, but I still have a few PIH marks that I have to conceal. The good thing is, as of late, my marks have been fading at a much faster pace. I think it's because of my Clarisonic - the daily exfoliation. It's wonderful.

That's amazing! So happy for you. :)

how can people of this site still have energy left to type?? no matter what you do theres just allways no cure ever

my patience with acne is over every day again and again from a new start. i just dont want this anymore. idk it just stops ALL LIFE. i dont know..

i thought this has to do with having a lesson so later you can be better and tougher person. well my mistake for those stupid thoughts. this world just sucks because its mostly biology. it just is how it is (yuck) and its greatest dissappointment ever, because bitch i hoped there will be reward of somekind or supershift of happenings already. at the very least fucking cure or certain method with RESULTS but no its just stays and is stagnant like that, little or very difficult improvments with lenghty of time needed =___= i just dont want this face. i dont want this body. i like clean face damn. ive said and will say forever, its bloody piece of meat without chance of change. i dont waaaaaant this sooo much. flesh prison.

ok rant over but seriously =_........=

Edited by pokeblaa

Pretty bummed. Worst acne flare-up in my life, probably due to my period. Sigh. It sucks being a girl sometimes when you have an extra factor that may possibly contribute to your skin.

My skin is looking better than it has in a long time right now. I can't believe what a difference all the stuff I'm doing is making!

If anyone has ever watched Seinfeld, you might remember the episode where George decides that since his life sucks, he's going to do the opposite of what he's always done and see if that brings improvements. When he does this, all this awesome stuff starts happening for him.

That's basically what I'm doing now: the opposite. Instead of spending hours staring in the mirror, I'm avoiding it as much as possible. Instead of going over every spot in my face with tea tree oil, I'm just washing, moisturizing and being done. Instead of cutting my diet down to nothing, I'm eating what I want in moderation.

But more than anything I'm focusing my efforts on clearing emotional toxicity. Every day I've been doing the EFT therapy and positive visualizations. I picture myself with perfect, crystal clear skin. I think about what my life would be like, how it would feel to confidently talk to people, to do the things I want to do. And while I'm examining this "picture," every time a BUT comes up, I tap on it. BUT I surely can't have clear skin because my hormones are too out of whack. BUT I surely can't have clear skin because it's never happened before. BUT I surely can't picture having clear skin because it will be too disappointing when it doesn't happen...and so on.

It's crazy how it feels to take these limiting thoughts and erase them. EFT is an amazing gift. After a session I feel completely empty. As if there were demons screaming in my head 24/7 and I got so used to it that I never even knew they were there. And then suddenly, everything is silent.

Please try EFT therapy. It's a lot of work but it's so worth it.

I'm feeling okay/hopeful. Back on Spiro and my skin seems to be calming down after a pretty bad flare up due to that time of the month. My last active one came to a head so hopefully nothing else pops up before that can heal and i can maybe have a few days of okay skin. Don't you hate that:(

my face hurts from the large cysts on my cheeks that have appeared over night, underneath which are tons of hyperpigmentation scars, which make it look like there are more spots than there are in reality, i have tons of under the skin spots underneath my skin on my cheeks and jawline, and my skin which i thought was getting better has now broken out all over again and i have a vile bumpy texture all over my face. So not good today, tomorrow, or probably any day, ever.

I want to vomit everytime i look in the mirror, i cant stand this, it's making me hate myself more than i already do. i dont even understand how people can stand to look at me, i must be repulsive, they must feel physically sick everytime they have to set eyes on me.

no one with clear skin understands this and they dont realise how much acne impacts on your mental health, they take their clear skin forgranted and it hurts me so much that they'll never feel an inch of what i'm feeling whenever i look in a mirror.

i feel like such a worthless piece of rubbish.

I know just how you feel. And I know you don't want to here this, but you ARE beautiful.

thank you x

It's amazing how even clear skin can't make you feel better about the other demons in your life. I need to resolve something in my head, and I think I'm getting there, but I'm missing a few pieces of the jigsaw right now.

My skin is pretty much clear.. I waited a bit to see if i break out with bit zits , whiteheads, etc.. but still nothing. I do get little zits, but no whitehead. I think it is because I am 26 .. most of my family stopped getting pimples around that age. I am not happy with my skin 'cause of acne scars.. Now I am dealing with scars.

Quite alright, but my PIH is still there. I'm also pretty fucking pissed because a guy at the mall tried to sell me a skin product claiming I had eczema, while pointing to my chest. THERE IS NOTHING ON MY CHEST. I have keratosis pilaris on my chest but it just FEELS rough, you can't see anything. There are no marks or bumps, nothing. He then started pointing to my cheeks saying that, "This is worse." I told him I wasn't interested and that I didn't have enough money, and he started to get quite rude and testy saying, "But it's really cheap! Only $15! Just buy one, one!" People these days...

I haven't had any major, skin-threatening zits for weeks. Just whiteheads at most. I got a papule the other day, but nothing serious. Barely noticeable, although it's taking quite some time to go away. At least it doesn't hurt now.

planning on going to school without skin makeup tomorrow, wish me luck! :D

Quite alright, but my PIH is still there. I'm also pretty fucking pissed because a guy at the mall tried to sell me a skin product claiming I had eczema, while pointing to my chest. THERE IS NOTHING ON MY CHEST. I have keratosis pilaris on my chest but it just FEELS rough, you can't see anything. There are no marks or bumps, nothing. He then started pointing to my cheeks saying that, "This is worse." I told him I wasn't interested and that I didn't have enough money, and he started to get quite rude and testy saying, "But it's really cheap! Only $15! Just buy one, one!" People these days...

I haven't had any major, skin-threatening zits for weeks. Just whiteheads at most. I got a papule the other day, but nothing serious. Barely noticeable, although it's taking quite some time to go away. At least it doesn't hurt now.

WOOOW now thats true sales talent right there. i dont get how people are dumb enough to talk like that, like really you gotta be kidding me :| at least your skins good :D

Haha a couple of supermarket checkout staff have been picking on me recently. I was already agitated yesterday when I went to the supermarket - I had just got a blemish on my cheek - so I went to the self service checkouts because I didnt want to talk. Regardless one of them had the cheek to shadow me and start a conv about death, dying young, finishing their shift early etc. I was in such a mood yesterday that anything would have annoyed me, even when they said thank you it bothered me, I do see the funny side but I was still like grr.

Today Im feeling more proactive.

Sort of mixed emotions today.

I had a pretty good day catching up with a friend who had been overseas and another uni friend. I couldn't help but notice how beautiful their skin is though. I tried not to focus on it though, to push those thoughts away and keep having a good time - which worked for the most part. I'm really going to work on not comparing myself to others so much. I don't know why I do it. I guess I've always been critical of myself and I'm so tired of constant acne.

I also started taking the'skin purify' supplements I bought a few days ago (a mix of burdock, milk thistle, zinc, copper, selenium and vitamins E, C and B6) yesterday. I wasn't sure about taking them because my right cheek had cleared of acne and stayed that way for 3 or 4 days - which is pretty much unheard of for me unless I was taking antibiotics or something. But it started to break out again recently so I decided to give the supplements a go anyway.

Started taking L-Methionine again. Couple new pimples, redness in my cheeks, feeling like I'm flushing/blushing more easily. No more L-M! lol.

I feel like the less pills I take, the better off I am... maybe I should cut it down to nothing. Or at least just the melatonin. Sleep is nice. I mean, I take a lot of Vitamin C and B5, but they're water soluble. Maybe I should drop the L-Carnitine, and not take the L-Cysteine when it arrives. And drop the D as well. Thoughts?

New papule under the right side of my jaw. Big whoop. Some whiteheads, one papule on forehead that isn't inflamed anymore. That's pretty much it. Could be worse, and it HAS been worse, so I'm not really complaining.

Started taking L-Methionine again. Couple new pimples, redness in my cheeks, feeling like I'm flushing/blushing more easily. No more L-M! lol.

I feel like the less pills I take, the better off I am... maybe I should cut it down to nothing. Or at least just the melatonin. Sleep is nice. I mean, I take a lot of Vitamin C and B5, but they're water soluble. Maybe I should drop the L-Carnitine, and not take the L-Cysteine when it arrives. And drop the D as well. Thoughts?

I wouldn't drop the D. It's one of the most important vitamins. I can tell you though that I've never had any luck taking any free form amino acids like L-Carnitine or Cysteine or any other one either, including L-glutamine (and they say that's supposed to help heal your gut!). They all have always made me break out and irritated my system. I think it's better to get that stuff from food.

I agree. Vitamin D is very beneficial. It's decreased my oil production by quite a lot.

I'm having one of those days. You know the one - you go to bed late after arguing with your partner, wake up to blood shot eyes and bumpy skin, late for Uni so you have to rush through your routine and hurry out of the door. I know it's just the stress but I've got the vast urge to pick my skin again. My marks look swollen and horrible to me today, even though logically I know they probably haven't changed since yesterday.

Tell you what though, I've started taking Multibionta supplements and boy do they give me energy! Even though I'm a bit under the weather right now - headache, sore throat, all that goodness - I don't have the usual lethargy that goes with it. My body just soaks up probiotics and vitamins.

I'm feeling bad. I broke out really badly again and am in a lot of pain. I'm having difficulty even opening my mouth to eat breakfast this morning.

Really feel for you! I woke up to my face feeling like it was so dry it could fall off. Luckily I have the day off or else I'd be feeling alot worse

Anyways, I did more EFT therapy today and now I feel okay. Not great, but okay. My skin actually doesn't look that bad, weirdly enough. It just hurts. There are a lot of spots deep under the skin that hurt but aren't visible. I have a couple visible ones.

I think I forgot to mention that I'm starting the process of doing chemical peels to help my skin. I got the 50% lactic acid one. I left it on for too short a time I think (did it on Sunday) and it didn't turn red or peel or anything. But now a few days later my skin really is looking pretty nice. So I'm excited to do another one this weekend. I'll leave it on for a minute longer and see what happens.

Also *drumroll* I ate greek yogurt today. Not organic goats milk kefir, but legit, from a cow greek yogurt. Woo hoO! Die eating disorder! Die!

Having a severe anxiety/panic attack today. I feel physically sick, all I want to do is cry and I can't shake the panic / heart racing feeling. Can't relax and just calm down. And it's all over possibly starting a new job. The process for getting it has been really weird and fast so that's probably adding to it - as well as me probably remembering the last job I had which I quit due to clashes with my uni timetable/work load and that it brought on these same anxiety/panic attacks that I'm having now. Before that job I'd never had anxiety so badly. I really think I should go see a psychologist for this and insecurities about my skin. It's possible the two tie together. But the idea of speaking to someone about it scares me. It also scares me because part of me knows how irrational, exaggerated and ridiculous it is to have this anxiety/panic reaction and be so insecure about my skin, but I still can't stop myself from feeling/thinking this way. I feel like a freak in a way.

I hope I find someway to keep it together for job training tomorrow... I really want to just call and say it's not going to work out and just forget about it - but reality is I do need a job... just need to find a way to calm down, stop being on the verge of tears all the time, stop this whole panic/anxiety.

My skin's been oily again for the past week or two. And I've been getting pimples again. So confused. My L-cysteine came today, picking it up tomorrow. Fingers crossed! Also, I realized when I was at my parents' house for a week or two over the holidays, I was taking Apo-cetirizine (anti-histamine) for my allergies. I'm thinking that could have something to do with why my skin was so nice then. Going to try that again. Only 7 pills left right now though.