Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Geeking

How ya feelin' about your acne today?

Ugh fucking shitty. Woke up with 2 new pimples on my cheek. I'm calling to get a blood test done to see wha food allergies I have.

Have you tried a turmeric mask? Its supposed to help with acne and discoloration. I've been using it for aa couple days now, seems to work. I'm getting my soap tomorrow. Yay! Finally! Ships pretty fast.

Today I feel like hammered shit.

I've been taking a break from my diet, and now my skin is paying for it.

I'm so goddamn sensitive to food it's unbelievable.

Life would be so good, if I didn't have to worry about every little thing I do.

Elvin

Not great. I stupidly waxed my face again and it broke me out in those annoying small, itchy bumps all over, as well as ripping some bits of skin off my face (yes, ouch), so I look a greasy red mess with wounds and bumps that itch and feel rough all over! F you acne.

I made 2 appointments with naturopathic doctors (NDs). I really need to choose 1 but I dont know which 1 to choose. One of them is $100 cheaper and starts out with a detox for skin issues. They both seem really nice and im confident in both, I just dont know who to choose. I have to cancel on one. Im leaning towards the cheaper one who mentioned the words "reducing oil in the skin" and that was like oh wow! So I think im going to choose her. I just dont knowwwwww.

Edited by Murph89

Grrr... I just wanna be clear. I hate trying new recipes because I feel like I will break out. I am trying to learn a lot of recipes as I wanna become a raw chef in the future.

I have one active pimple that formed along with a few red marks and dried pimples (2 of them).. I also have a few tiny red zits where I shaved ;\.

I see a few bumps on left cheek.. hopefully they don't form. it would suck. I was the gym today and some guy likes to mess around and always tell me "You masturbate a lot, right!? "" that's why you're getting pimples." My face doesn't look that bad at all though, but it is always bad at gym because of lights. My skin isn't as smooth as it was like 2-3 days ago. Probably applying too much jojoba oil in the shower.I might apply aloe vera twice again like I used to.

Edited by Ghostunit

I had a pretty terrible morning, woke up with feelings of anxiety and sadness. But after getting a move on into my day felt better. I went to a different derm today because my past one had been so rude and unhelpful...and had a GREAT visit. The esthetician talked to me about my PIH and suggested some stuff to use, which I got, and she also told me I had beautiful skin! :o I was so surprised haha. To my happiness, she also said my PIH wasn't that bad. I'm getting a peel when I come back from Florida too which will be nice because I can go back to school with fresher skin. I'm also getting the Clairsonic Mia because she was telling me how amazing it is for acne and PIH. My derm was great too.

Overall, feeling much better about all of this. The only thing that frustrates me is that I got a few very small little pimples...on each of my cheeks. Kinda makes me scared because I just don't want to fall into something bad again. I don't know why they popped up, they are very small though so it's hard to even see them. Gonna go back to using Epiduo every night and taking Monodox 2x a day so I don't risk anything.

Noticed some little whiteheads popping up recently....in the most random places of my face....no idea what caused them? But I have a feeling it might be the new exfoliator I used a couple days ago....nonetheless they're super tiny anyway, barely visible, which is good. I'm pretty sure my Monodox is what's making them tiny and not full fledged pimples.

Feeling bummed. All my under the skin bumps are surfacing.... ALL AT ONCE! I am also breaking out in red bumps on my jaws and cheeks, areas that have been really decent. Just started a new supplement regimen and continuing with my diet so i'm not sure what is causing what. This breakout is worse than my usual cycling acne as it is happening all over. Could cry right now but i won't. Acne is not worth my tears.

Obviously not great because I broke out pretty bad last week but I'm not too bad. I'm finally starting my prescribed treatments today so I'm upbeat and optimistic!

This is a great thread actually =]

Edited by Emancipator

:C bad, just realized that the areas that I applied a lot of BP to may have left close to permanent marks, 3 on my cheeks and more along my temples. They are a lot darker than my regular marks, which fade over time, but these are close to black.

So far so good!! I only get 1 or 2 pimple a week that disappear quick. My scars doesn't look too great at some places ;\ I will start saving up in the future for a treatment.

It does bother me!

Feeling bummed. Waiting and exercising patience is one of the hardest things. My face feels so sore and the acne i have hurts.....not a happy camperangry.png

I hate whiteheads. Especially when they're in between the eyebrows. I'm at the mall and the 2 whiteheads are all I can think about. It sucks ass

Horrible...!!!!I feel like i cant stand this any more..!!!why is this happening to me...!!i have come for vacation at my home town and i dont want to see them..!!!!i dont want them to stare or to look at me..!!!i am so ashamed.!!!wish i could change my skin......wish i could live another life.....wish i didnt give this so much thought.....wish i could live a normal life...with ice creams and fried chips and cakes and just be happy......wish it didnt affect me like this....its not the worst thing in the world...but i have no strength to keep reminding me that any more...i feel alone in this..

Horrible...!!!!I feel like i cant stand this any more..!!!why is this happening to me...!!i have come for vacation at my home town and i dont want to see them..!!!!i dont want them to stare or to look at me..!!!i am so ashamed.!!!wish i could change my skin......wish i could live another life.....wish i didnt give this so much thought.....wish i could live a normal life...with ice creams and fried chips and cakes and just be happy......wish it didnt affect me like this....its not the worst thing in the world...but i have no strength to keep reminding me that any more...i feel alone in this..

I can assure you that you're not alone in this. Pretty sure everyone on this site will have had thoughts, like those you've mentioned, on more than one occasion - I have at least. I've been feeling a lot like this lately - not wanting to go out because I don't want people to be looking at my skin and I really really wish that my skin didn't bother me as much as it does.

I guess it all comes down to our thinking - it's hard to change how we think about things/ our attitudes toward things - but we have to really try and not let acne bother us and to still go out and enjoy life. Acne can't stop us from having a good time if we don't let it.

I know it's a lot easier said than done - but I think it's worth remembering.

Hope you feel better soon. You're not alone in this.

I know how difficult it is, but like Lily said, try and remember that you're not alone in this. I know at times it can feel like you are, and that thought can be so isolating and it contributes to more negative thinking. Every time I read through the posts in this thread I really do wish that some sort of real life acne support group could be organized...I just imagine that it would be so cathartic for people all suffering from this awful condition to just sit down and share stories and talk about it. I think it would be such a positive thing and it would make people feel that they're not alone, and they can draw strength from each other and help each other with this horrible condition.

Tried African black soap, face me bumps all over my face, not horrible, but not good. These are bumps I didnt have in the first place. Initial breakout? Ive only tried it twice, I'm considering trying it again. Not sure yet. Do you guys know of any natural ways to get rid of acne?.

I know how difficult it is, but like Lily said, try and remember that you're not alone in this. I know at times it can feel like you are, and that thought can be so isolating and it contributes to more negative thinking. Every time I read through the posts in this thread I really do wish that some sort of real life acne support group could be organized...I just imagine that it would be so cathartic for people all suffering from this awful condition to just sit down and share stories and talk about it. I think it would be such a positive thing and it would make people feel that they're not alone, and they can draw strength from each other and help each other with this horrible condition.

It's an interesting idea - a real life acne support group. I wonder if it's something I'd go to though... I think it would be helpful but also harder (for me anyway) to talk about acne and how it affects me when it's face-to-face with others. I sorta like the slight 'anonymity' that comes with posting online - it makes it a little easier and is still helpful. But I think a real life support group would be very helpful also - probably help improve confidence in people too

I can assure you that you're not alone in this. Pretty sure everyone on this site will have had thoughts, like those you've mentioned, on more than one occasion - I have at least. I've been feeling a lot like this lately - not wanting to go out because I don't want people to be looking at my skin and I really really wish that my skin didn't bother me as much as it does.

I guess it all comes down to our thinking - it's hard to change how we think about things/ our attitudes toward things - but we have to really try and not let acne bother us and to still go out and enjoy life. Acne can't stop us from having a good time if we don't let it.

I know it's a lot easier said than done - but I think it's worth remembering.

Hope you feel better soon. You're not alone in this.

Thank you lilly75!! Thank you for your reply....you have made me feel a bit better....sadly there is always my horrible enemy.....my mirror....that keeps bringing me down...!!!

Actually i was thinking of taking that pill that dries the hell out of you.....but my acne comes from hormonal imbalances and i dont think that it will be a long lasting solution....Has anyone tried it?Is it really trully good?And what about the fact that you cant have kids for 2 years??I just think that something that is so strong cannot be good for you....

Anyway...thank you so much for replying to me....It feels good!!

You know....i think that that is a brilliant idea....!!!always feels much better when you can actually speak about this with people that know what you are going through or have been there!!!All these people i speak to, they say that they understand....but there is no way....!!!!Just spoke a while ago with my only acquaintance i know that has...ok not acne....but gets at least a few spots...and it felt so good because she knew...she understood..!!!it gets so frustrating talking to people and they keep saying "its ok, nobody thinks of it, they think of the person inside"!!!maybe they do...but when i look in the mirror i cannot see the person inside......i see this terribly spotty person....!!!!You have a brilliant idea and i hope you find a way to make it come true....think it would help everybody....it will get us out of our houses....it will get us free from these horrible thoughts.....oh i hope you try to do it!!!!i am sure everybody would help with that...!!!thank you for replying and i hope to hear more things happening from you!!!!

It's an interesting idea - a real life acne support group. I wonder if it's something I'd go to though... I think it would be helpful but also harder (for me anyway) to talk about acne and how it affects me when it's face-to-face with others. I sorta like the slight 'anonymity' that comes with posting online - it makes it a little easier and is still helpful. But I think a real life support group would be very helpful also - probably help improve confidence in people too

Yes but you are forgetting that you will be meeting people that have the same problem as you....there will be no staring...or talking behind your back...or trying to not speak about the topic...!!!!you will be able to say"man,i feel like shit today" and there will be someone saying"Me too, this and this happened to me and it was the worst" and you will just know that it wasnt only you but there where other people!!!!i think it is a fantastic idea!!!do us all a great deal of good!!!

You think it gets better.. then it just gets worse

You read my mind. I go to bed every night thining to myself 'ok, tomorrow will be different, maybe i won't get a new pimple or 3. Maybe the inflammation will be gone'. Then i get up the next morning to more inflammation and new pimples. Ain't life grand.