Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So acne is ruining my life. I was set on taking accutane but my derm won't prescribe it to me because my mom suffers from depression. I was devastated when I was basically told I'm screwed. I don't know what to do guys, I hate my acne so much, accutane won't depress me, my acne will! My derm wants me to go on Minocyclin which I know won't do shit. I am getting bored of the acne.org cleanser and I don't like the smell, any input on spectro jel? I'm thinking of changing to that. Ok my acne looks A LOT worse in reality than these pics (it's much much much more red and looks way worse) but heres a basic idea of what it looks like. Try to picture it a lot more red and inflamed. Thanks for even reading this guys, I would love to read your input on what I should do or any comments on my acne. Don't hold back.

P.S Again I'm not sure why the Iphone camera makes my acne look so much different, im hesitant of posting these because they make my acne look much better than reality :\ oh well here they are anyways.

P.P.S I'm 16 going on 17.

PICS(GO TO POST #4 FOR THE PIC LINKS)

Edited by bandman

Omg so i don't know how to post links!! Anyways I am posting the links with spaces in between the link and the ".us/i " please just copy and paste and remove the spaces to see the pics.

pic4acne.bmp

pic4acne.bmp

Edited by bandman

http://img413.imageshack.us/i/pic3acne.png/

So this website is horrible for uploading pics (no offense). WOW this is annoying the hell out of me. The only pic that managed to upload is the one that makes my acne look at its best. Why doesn't this website allow links to work normally like other websites. And how the hell are the other 3 pics too big to upload if they were taken by the same camera in the same minute!

Edited by bandman

honestly i would try the regimen on acne.org. it definitely works if you keep up with the regimen religiously. i wish i had tried the regimen before i did anything else because it has been working for me for almost a year now.

Well i was able to see your one pic, and your skin isn't so bad. There are other options besides accutane, just be patient with your derm and try his prescriptions. honestly only through dermatologist help are you going to find relief.

Ohhh I tried your last photo and it worked. Maybe get some Retin-A. It seems like you only have healing red marks and a few zits. Of course you should use a good product so it doesn't gradually get out of control. Your acne really isn't that bad right now though!

Hey guys so I'm starting 100MG minocin along with a gel which I didn't get yet because my dad didn't have the money for it. I should be getting the gel sometime this week but I'll get a kickstart on the Minocin. I guess only 3 months will tell if it really helped or not. Btw I need something for redness, my skin marks super easily is it makes my skin look worse than it already is. Thanks guys.