Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
epcortek

Are Whiteheads supposed to smell

Just wondering i have have what i think are white heads under my skin for many years. Do they have a smell. If i rub the back of my finget to my chin i can smell an ordor, maybe similar to a cheese type smell.

Just wondering i have have what i think are white heads under my skin for many years. Do they have a smell. If i rub the back of my finget to my chin i can smell an ordor, maybe similar to a cheese type smell.

Are you sure that its a whitehead not a cheese left over from last nights dinner? jk.

Hah if you think about it, it sounds nasty but funny at the same time hah

When there's a buildup of dead skin cells and bacteria, it can give off a kind of sour, cheesy smell (it happens a lot when people don't keep their piercings clean).

Try to keep the area clean. What kind of regimen are you using?

Well i shower 2 times a day and wash my face 2-3 times per day. I use cetaphyll liquid facial soap and a clean wash cloth when i wash my face.

Should i be washing with maybe diluted vinigar once per day as a antibacterial. I dont want to use BP or SA.

Edited by epcortek

After years of studying for my personal gain, and please speak up if anyone things Im wrong, But it could do with the toxins in your body that your liver fails to get rid of.

The toxins come out through your skin which causes the spots which produce the smell! NICE!

I dont know what the cure is?!

But you could benefit from a course of probiotics and plenty of water.

x

I have oily skin and my sebum smells some times (if it's cold in the room I can smell it without touching my skin, I don't know why :S). I have liver problems sometimes so maybe it's the toxins. I tried drinking a lot of water through the day for a long time and it didn't help

Hey there,

My whole face is covered with whiteheads, and the old ones in my chin have that gross cheesy smell, and when I file my toenails it has the same odour? Im guessing its because its lingered for so long in my skin it just starts to pong lol.