Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GuardedlyOptimistic

Devestated: Do Scars Go Away?

HI All,

I've been dealing with acne for 6 years. At first the outbreaks weren't bad but then they got worse. The pimples were the size of a pencil eraser with a lot of puss. Sometimes I wouldn't touch them but other times I would pop the pimple to the point that blood was running out. I never picked the pimples afterwards. What i've notices is scarring. After the first bad outbreak , years after, I saw that the scars were going away, diminishing. But, with the second really bad outbreak which happened 3-4 months ago I've been left with a lot of purple spots and dents, scars. What I need to know is, do they minimize? Will they fade away? I know the purple marks will, but what about the indentations? I mean, I never squeezed these? never picked at them? Please, I need to know: please respond : Please sad.gif :sad: :wall:

Ps I know that different skin heals differently. But for some, do scars go away?

i had 2 friends in high school with SEVERE acne.. that left large, rolling scars.. one of them had his acne gone by the time he was like a junior in HS.. an when i saw him senior year they were all gone!!!! hes the type that will NOT take meds or do anything to his appearance.. so i know he let them go away on their own.. and boy did they...an the girl had reallyyyy bad scarring all through high school... an i saw her shortly after she graduated an her skin was lovely..also my own brother had bad acne.. it left scars.. but he also left his skin alone.. has not one scar..so try not to worry, they can definitely go away.. but also.. there are some really good treatment options for them these days, tca cross, smoothbeam, dermabrasion, exoderm... so keep your chin up smile.gif

Yea, scars can definally heal, even the deep ones... i thought my redmarks never heal but they did. The most important thing rightnow is not to worry about scars but to prevent future breakouts.

The stage you are at right now make them look the worst. In one year when all the redness is gone and some of the collagen starts to rebuild. Your scars will look much much better. The indentations sort of fill over time. However, this is usually with younger people.

Yes, scars DO go away. You can accelerate the healing of your scars by taking certain supplements, like zinc, and Vitamin C! Make sure you're getting all your vitamins, and take care of your skin, avoiding picking zits and pimples unnecessarily! (Unless it's one of those zits that are so pussy and big that they are begging to be picked! But make sure you do this hygienically and safely.)

Don't fret too much, scars will go away, it takes much time and patience though.

Anyone wondering if scars go away should just look at reilly's pictures....amazing.

Anyone wondering if scars go away should just look at reilly's pictures....amazing.

Knowing my luck the scars I quite like will all dissapear soon :wall:

I'm just waiting for the redness to go away...that I do not like.