Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kenzie123

Foundation to use while on Accutane!!!

Ok, so I've been on Accutane for about a month and half now. My face looks horrible (which i expected). I having problems covering it all up, since it is reaaallllly dry and covered with pimples. So, I was wondering if anybody knew of some great drugstore foundation that covers it up without clogging. Thanks!

Ok, so I've been on Accutane for about a month and half now. My face looks horrible (which i expected). I having problems covering it all up, since it is reaaallllly dry and covered with pimples. So, I was wondering if anybody knew of some great drugstore foundation that covers it up without clogging. Thanks!

Mineral makeup never broke me out (its like $25 for a 6 month supply), but I cant think of a single coverup that wont enhace dry flakes.

Yeah if your skin is really dry there is pretty much nothing you can do to cover it up, any makeup you put on it will most likely accentuate the dryness and highlight it more. I'm currently just over 2 months on accutane, my first month to 6 weeks was dreadful, I was breaking out so much and it was so flakey, I could not apply makeup at all, it actually looked better without makeup which is saying a lot with how terrible my skin was. But now it has really calmed down, and not so dry anymore for some reason. I try not to wear makeup as much as possible, but when I need to I use Dior Forever compact, the one in a little dark blue square container. It works pretty well and has decent coverage. I don't use the sponge that comes with it though, instead I use a small foundation brush (its very thin and soft, not the big poofy ones) which minimizes the drag on your skin and pulling up the dry flakes. Dior isn't drugstore though and fairly expensive, but I think it would be better quality than a drugstore one. However I'm sure you can find replicas or something similar at a drugstore.

Make sure you have a good moisturizer that you use at night, that way your face won't be so dry in the morning when you need to apply makeup. I haven't found a moisturizer that is suitable to apply right before applying makeup, they make your skin really sticky and just makes the makeup look clumpy and terrible. So making sure you moisturize at least the night before you know you're going to wear makeup is important.

ahhh the thought of not wearing any makeup scares the crap out of me!!!! I'm a sophmore in high school and I am severely self conscious from all this acne....maybe I'll try the bare minerals or maybe one day I'll just get so sick of how crappy makeup looks on me right now and just go without!! thanks for the tips!

bare minerals will make your face look more dry and flaky. I really don't recommend it, even though i use it. I would try a good liquid foundation, some with good coverage that you can apply just to certain areas and not all over the face.

For drugstore I would try loreal true match, since it has a wide selection of colors so you can find one that closely matches and you don't look weird with concealing certain areas. Or try revlon color stay.

For department store i would say the lancome teinte idole ultra is a good choice, i tried dior foundations and they all have great coverage but leave your skin oily afterwards. Chanel VITALUMIÈRE is also light and wont make your face look more dry . Prescreptives non matte foundations are really great as far as matching skin color and may be the most ideal for your skin type, however they don't last all day,but look great (dont get the concelears). I would stay away from Mac and clinique products which were all very irritating.

As far as know those are the only ones that arent entirely heavy foundations that won't leave make your skin look more flaky or breakout your skin. Im sorry about the pricey foundation choice, but from all the foundations i tried that is what i recommend. If you are thinking of using a foundation and want to see if its good, let me know. I have tried almost all of them (drugstore and department).

bare minerals will make your face look more dry and flaky. I really don't recommend it, even though i use it. I would try a good liquid foundation, some with good coverage that you can apply just to certain areas and not all over the face.

For drugstore I would try loreal true match, since it has a wide selection of colors so you can find one that closely matches and you don't look weird with concealing certain areas. Or try revlon color stay.

For department store i would say the lancome teinte idole ultra is a good choice, i tried dior foundations and they all have great coverage but leave your skin oily afterwards. Chanel VITALUMIÈRE is also light and wont make your face look more dry . Prescreptives non matte foundations are really great as far as matching skin color and may be the most ideal for your skin type, however they don't last all day,but look great (dont get the concelears). I would stay away from Mac and clinique products which were all very irritating.

As far as know those are the only ones that arent entirely heavy foundations that won't leave make your skin look more flaky or breakout your skin. Im sorry about the pricey foundation choice, but from all the foundations i tried that is what i recommend. If you are thinking of using a foundation and want to see if its good, let me know. I have tried almost all of them (drugstore and department).

thank you! I went to the mall the other day and remembering your suggestion went to the lancome area, I asked them about it and they did their little makeover things on me and I really liked that stuff, so I got some and its doing good!!

THANK YOU!

Your welcome. Iam glad you like it. I hope it doesnt cause you any kind irritation or break you out. I have been using it for over a year and so far i have not had any problems with it.

I've just started my second month and have been using Shishedo Lifting Foundation. It's a really moisturising foundation and I haven't had a problem with it. I can't apply foundation all over my face though due to some dry spots though.

I think the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer (oil free) might work pretty well too. It is not a drug store brand, but if you can save up the money it might be worth it. It was the only thing I could use when my skin was super flaky from Retin-A since it helped add moisture. It is oil free and never caused me to break out. Plus, it has really great coverage for a tinted moisturizer - similar to some of the lighter foundations.

I really like the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, but I made me break out and has pore clogging ingredients.

There are two versions - one of which is not so good for those of us with acne. Are you sure you were using the oil free version?