Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tennispro123

Acne will not go away

Hi all I'm new here. I have been fighting acne for about 2.5 years now and have tried many things to combat it. Here is my current acne regimen:

Morning:

Wash with cetaphil gentle cleanser

Apply alba hibiscus facial toner (wait 20-30 minutes)

Apply aczone and duac-BP (again wait 15 minuties)

Apply Aveeno ultra-calming spf 15 daily moisturizer

Night:

Wash with cetaphil gentle cleanser

Apply alba hibiscus facial toner (wait 20-30 minutes)

Apply Tretinoin .05% cream

Apply aczone (wait 30 minutes)

Apply cetaphil daily advance ultra hydrating lotion

Take 150mg Doxycycline tablet

I have been on duac for 1.5 years, tretinoin (retin-a) for 1 year, aczone for 5 months, and the anti-biotic for 5 months now (Previously on minocycline for almost a year) and I have still not 100% cleared up. I have weeks where i am pretty clear and others where my face is terrible. Additionally I take a multi-vitamin every day in the morning, drink plenty of water, no soda or fast food, exercise daily, and get 8-9 hours of sleep almost every night. In the past I have tried non-gluten diets, drinking ACV every day, and eating only raw foods with no improvement to my acne.

Does anyone have suggestions on how I can become clear??? I really need help. Thanks.

Edited by tennispro123

ok so i started using a couple teaspoons of baking soda mixed in with my face wash the other day and my skin is looking awesome. My scars and going away much fast and i have no new/current acne! This may be a miracle. Has anyone else had any success using baking soda on their face?

Also my skin is very soft, but much drier.

Hey,

You might want to look into those ingredients in your cleanser/lotion products. I switched to all organic a week ago and I have seen a HUGE improvement on my minor back acne and face acne (mostly comedones)

this is my blog, and it contains info on harmful ingredients to avoid (only a VERY small portion of all those harmful ingredients that are in inorganic products)

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Healthy-l...ga-t254516.html

here is a website that I use to check out some of the harmful ingredients:

http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm

I hope your acne problem will go away really soon! I know what it is like and how you feel.

BTW, have you consider using ACV as a toner? pH balancing and works as a natural AHA to shed dean skin and clear up brown spots, I have been using it for the past week, really great! & invest in some good organic tea tree oil!! put it on as a spot treatment, honestly BP aggravated my skin more than it helped (I love Dan though!! NO OFFENSE! ) You might just need to find a way to rule out what irritate your skin, ya know?

Keep me updated! Good luck!!!

Less is more.

Take out Aczone and the toner. Way too much stuff is going on your face. Slow and steady will clean your skin. Put on an AHA 2 times a week instead of toner and Aczone.