Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
annique

People who complain about mild acne

Thats just immature, i understand where your coming from with all of that but wishing they had acne? thats just wrong. I had clear skin for most of the time than i had acne but i too work hard to keep them away its just that i dont think of my acne i always stay positive that they will go away, i know its really hard to have clear skin but trust me you'll be clear again in no time if you just stay positive and be patient :)

Edited by SnoopyisAj

Haha, i have friends who do that. They'll look at you with that weird look and say "oh look, darn, i have a new zit." while thinking "on my perfectly smooth face."

I guess sometimes your best friends and even families would intentionally push your buttons, maybe they need to push someone down in order to feel better about themselves.

But that doesn't mean they are not good friends. They'd still help me when I need them.

I guess it's just human nature. everyone has their insecure side. They are just expressing it when they are talking you down.

Oh yeah?

I guess that guy who lost his entire family about a year ago--wife, daughter, mother--when a jet airplane crash landed into his San Diego home doesn't have a single worry in the world.

I suppose every person who has gone involuntarily unemployed and forced to sell all assets and/or beg on the streets because he or she can't secure a job to pay rent or put food on the table has not a problem to worry about.

And I guess every person who has killed his or herself has had acne covering the entirety of his or her face. According to The Center for Disease Control, a little over 33,000 people committed suicide in 2006. Man, that's a lot of acne sufferers right there.

im sooo with you. i mean, i dont want to cause them harm... but if i gotta deal with this crap on my face, why cant they. i yell at my boyfriend all the time bcuz he has the most beautiful complexion and NEVER EVER EVER has he gotten a zit in the 3 yrs that we're been together. ITS NOT FAIR!

Well I don't totally agree. But what I hate is ignorance. I go to boarding school and I am surrounded by a lot of girls with perfect skin. And some of them all all "Hey, maybe you should get, like, those clearasil pad wipey thingeys?? On the box it says clear skin in 3 days." or "maybe its cos you dont wash your face enough?" and even "OMG how can you have sooo many spots?!" when we look in the mirror.

Now that, THAT makes me want to punch them.

I WOULD punch them, what bitches.

I think there's a difference between hating people for clear skin, and being envious.

I want to do nasty things to them.

I put so much effort towards my skin and yet my results are crappy.

They don't do shit and their skin is perfect.

God I fucking hate them.

I wish they would suffer from severe cystic acne so they wouldn't feel so high and mighty and untouchable all the goddamn time.

They're fucking stupid man. They complain about stupid shit and yet they have nothing to complain about. "Oh... gas is so expensive."

That's nothing. We spend hundreds and hundreds a year on skincare products. God, when I think about all the money I fucking spent on something that didn't completely go away and just left brown and red marks I want to get a baseball bat and break a lot of things.

"Oh... I got a zit." Yeah, one fucking tiny little zit that's absolutely nothing. Try a shit load of cysts and scars. Idiots.

They have nothing to feel sad about. Nothing to feel angry about. Their skin is perfect and normal and calm all the time. Sure, they may be put in situations where they are disturbed and frustrated and angry but those situations are quite short and they can easily get out of it. But us? We have to deal with this shit on our faces every fucking day of our lives; it's on our minds 24/7.

It's not something we can just peel off and rub off as if it's an ink stain although we would like to think it's that easy. It's a fucking PART of us.

Yes I completely agree, I've ended up having a big jealous rage at my boyfriend last night as he described some one as 'pretty' and I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO angry as she had clear skin!

imagine if you could get clear skin in 3 days :dance:

I would be happier than winning all the money on the Lottery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :surprised:

Wow angry and immature much. It's a very unhealthy attitude to have. Just because they have clear and healthy skin does not mean they are not facing something ten times harder than an acne sufferer. That person with clear and healthy skin may be a victium of things I don't even want to think of. When I watch the news, I see all these women with such beautiful skin, but these are the women who are suffering from the worse tradegy of all, the loss of their child. So because they have clear skin they are stupid and don't have it worse off than someone who has acne. To hate someone you don't know and have no idea what's going on in their lives is so ignorant. It's tough suffering through acne, but things could be so much worse.

ditto... also completely agree.

Not everyone with perfectly clear skin is like that. Just like do you get clean water and three meals a day? I don't think starving children around the world hate you for that, they envy you. It's wrong to hate somebody just because they have something you don't. Try to not be so immature. Acne sucks but when you start hating people over it, you have a problem.

also completely agree.

Oh yeah?

I guess that guy who lost his entire family about a year ago--wife, daughter, mother--when a jet airplane crash landed into his San Diego home doesn't have a single worry in the world.

I suppose every person who has gone involuntarily unemployed and forced to sell all assets and/or beg on the streets because he or she can't secure a job to pay rent or put food on the table has not a problem to worry about.

And I guess every person who has killed his or herself has had acne covering the entirety of his or her face. According to The Center for Disease Control, a little over 33,000 people committed suicide in 2006. Man, that's a lot of acne sufferers right there.

perfect !!!

Hey there,

Yeah i kinda understand how you feel 'cause my friends all had clear skin but not for me!

They would keep promoting products that i would repeatedly try, which doesn't show any improvements to my skin at all. I am already so sick of it. Imagine going to your relatives' house for a visit, and every visit, they have this new product which they would like you to try.Many may think that they are just trying to help but not for me! To have done so repeatedly, they have so hurt my pride.I'm already so frust that i have acne; to keep emphasising on that, it is seriously irritating.

And relax, you have not experienced the worst.

What i really hate is when my friends use their clear skin as a sure-win tool in an argument.That is why i would lose an argument each time against a friend with clear skin.

Then i thought of an excuse.Since i was a few months' older than my friends, I would use age to pressure them. Why do they not have acne? IT IS BECAUSE THEY HAVE YET TO REACH THAT AGE! you know? puberty?

Well, then again, over time, I came to realise that I had to blame it upon myself. Although my cause of acne was partly hereditary, it is my very fault for not seeking the proper treatment when my first zit appeared.

What i'm trying to emphasise is that while we acne-sufferers are currently having a tough time right now, we are also learning a very important lesson; Resilience.

Take for example two persons with clear skin; one has had severe acne before.

Put them in a test of perseverance and resilience,and be sure to expect much from the one who has had acne before.

That is all. So for now, let us all focus our attention on treating our acne.When we have cured them, we would surely stand above the rest in terms of qualities achieved.

Don't think about the other stuffs.Just strive towards the goal of having clear skin yourself.

This isn't meant to undermine other people's issues but sometimes its annoying to see people with perfect complexions save for a few red dots on their face complain about their acne like its the end of the world. I guess its annoying because as someone who has had severe cystic acne and bad scarring they don't know what it really means to suffer from acne to the point where little kids stare at you like you're some freakshow. Its just makes me feel way worse about it to know that other people are that affected by a condition 1/10th the severity of mine.

Edited by sverd

acne is bad no matter how mild or bad it is. i remember i freaked out when i got my first pimple. and i freaked out again when i got cysts. its all bad no matter what. people are products of the media and that tends to make people perfectionists.

When I see people with perfect complexions and a few red dots I get really annoyed because it seems like they're just intentionally fishing for complements and taking the piss out of people who have really suffered with severe acne and bad scarring such as myself.

When I see people with perfect complexions and a few red dots I get really annoyed because it seems like they're just intentionally fishing for complements and taking the piss out of people who have really suffered with severe acne and bad scarring such as myself.

Orrrrr maybe they really do feel crappy and self-conscious about it?

Try to think of it like this: I have a terrible cold right now, and I feel like shit. I'm stuffy, my throat hurts, my head feels like it's going to explode, and my whole body is sore. I am definitely not happy about this, and I've been complaining about how crappy I feel.

There are also people in this world with cancer and AIDS and lupus, and I'm sure they feel really, really crappy too.

Does the fact that there are plenty of people in this world that are sicker than me mean that I'm not allowed to feel crappy and moan about how gross I feel right now? No. Because regardless of how other people feel, right now I feel crappy.

Same goes for acne. Just because there are people in the world with really severe acne doesn't mean that people with mild acne don't still feel bad about it.

I hate to hear that you have bad scarring :( I feel the same way when my skinny friends complain about being fat. I'm like "look at me and feel happy" and they say "but you had a baby"... But I was fat before I got prego!

Try to think of it like this: I have a terrible cold right now, and I feel like shit. I'm stuffy, my throat hurts, my head feels like it's going to explode, and my whole body is sore. I am definitely not happy about this, and I've been complaining about how crappy I feel.

There are also people in this world with cancer, and I'm sure they feel really, really crappy too.

Does the fact that there are plenty of people in this world that are sicker than me mean that I'm not allowed to feel crappy and moan about how gross I feel right now? No. Because regardless of how other people feel, right now I feel crappy.

Same goes for acne. Just because there are people in the world with really severe acne doesn't mean that people with mild acne don't still feel bad about it.

I agree, but people with worse acne can't help feeling the way they do about it either... perspective can be hard to gian.

I agree, but people with worse acne can't help feeling the way they do about it either... perspective can be hard to gian.

I definitely understand that. I just hope that they can keep their minds open to the idea that people with mild acne aren't complaining just to piss them off or make light of their acne.

We're all in this together, and I just think it's a shame that even people with acne are butting heads with other people with acne over severity. You'd think that people with acne would be more understanding...

There are also people in this world with cancer, and I'm sure they feel really, really crappy too.

I definitely understand that. I just hope that they can keep their minds open to the idea that people with mild acne aren't complaining just to piss them off or make light of their acne.

We're all in this together, and I just think it's a shame that even people with acne are butting heads with other people with acne over severity.

You're right, but it can help to get your feelings out there... I wish I had found acne.org years ago.

My boyfriend has clear skin. Mine is horrendous (I counted 15 CYSTS on my face this morning!!!). Don't even get me started on the scarring. I HATE HATE HATE when he complains about how disgusting it is to have a SINGLE. TINY. WHITEHEAD. on his face. Seriously. He gets one every few months, if that. He goes nuts over it and goes on and on about how much it hurts, how ugly it is, how embarrassed he is by it, etc. He breaks into all of my products to combat the single little thing that would go away on its own in a couple of days anyway. In the meantime I'm sitting there with my entire face covered in cysts and infections trying not to claw my face apart in discomfort. He won't listen to a word I say about my face. I just don't understand what people are freakin' thinking!!??

Oh, and he's 38 years old. So it's not a maturity thing. He's just clueless. The last time he did this, he had recently told me that I look "fine" after I had spent a week crying over comments some strangers had made. After he went on a rant about how "disgusting" he looked I very calmly asked him that if he thought he looked disgusting with one tiny zit (I can't even call them pimples), what on earth does he think about me?" He was speechless for the first time ever. It actually really hurt, because the look on his face made it clear that he had no way out of that one.

The first post was ridiculous, but I get where he's coming from. While it's just plain stupid saying that people with clear skin have perfect lives, because I'm sure they have their own problems in their lives, I understand how you would get upset when someone with one little spot is pissing and moaning to you about it, while you have a faceful of acne. It WOULD upset me also. More like, I'd be jealous. However, I disagree that mild acne can be just as bad as having severe acne. That's like saying someone who is slightly overweight has it just as bad as someone who is hundreds of pounds overweight. The person who is hundreds of pounds overweight not only has to deal with the emotional scarring, but also could have trouble with things physically. And they would most likely attract a lot more staring then someone who is just slightly overweight, which in turn would make them feel much worse. The same thing applies to acne.

Just how I feel about this.