Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
annique

People who complain about mild acne

Having had SEVERE / cystic acne for about 10 years, I really have almost NO sympathy for people with very mild "acne" which tbh I wouldn't even bother to call acne. Atm, I have mild acne (as I am on Yasmin which controls my severe acne pretty well, plus I look after my skin well). Still, I have pretty bad skin by "normal" standards, just great by my standards, lol. I just saw this video on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DXJhoxT1Z8...player_embedded and it really pissed me off, the way it talked about these girls with "acne" who were just normal girls with normal skin. It makes me so mad when people talk about stuff like proactive and clearasil and how it "cleared up my rele bad acne" when their "rele bad acne" was like 2 pimples which would have gone away anyway. They then assume that it is that easy for you, when in fact it is completely different. Just me that is annoyed by this lol??

Moved to the Emotional And Psychological Effects Of Acne board.

Try to keep in mind that people with mild acne may be just as stressed out about it as people with severe acne.

Wow. This post makes ME a bit pissed off, tbh. I think everyone with acne deserves to be upset, not just the ones with severe acne. We may have it better off in your mind, but it sucks just as damn much.

My thoughts exactly..I have moderate/severe and it annoys me when someone with a few pimples gets themselves down. There are some stories on here of people who are truly suffering, though as spoken above everyone has the right to be upset.

I've had acne for like 6 years now, ruined the best time of my life and It's never been any less then moderate.

Having had SEVERE / cystic acne for about 10 years, I really have almost NO sympathy for people with very mild "acne" which tbh I wouldn't even bother to call acne. Atm, I have mild acne (as I am on Yasmin which controls my severe acne pretty well, plus I look after my skin well). Still, I have pretty bad skin by "normal" standards, just great by my standards, lol. I just saw this video on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DXJhoxT1Z8...player_embedded and it really pissed me off, the way it talked about these girls with "acne" who were just normal girls with normal skin. It makes me so mad when people talk about stuff like proactive and clearasil and how it "cleared up my rele bad acne" when their "rele bad acne" was like 2 pimples which would have gone away anyway. They then assume that it is that easy for you, when in fact it is completely different. Just me that is annoyed by this lol??

Lol, no, you're not the only one. :wavey: I also have had severe acne for several years and it bugs me when people complain about their extremely mild 'acne'. There was a thread about this a while ago, about people's feelings towards advertisements for Proactiv or Clearasil, and guarantees to clear up your acne, just like that, when the models advertising these products probably never had acne in the first place. These products target audiences who have very mild acne but still feel self conscious. Many people assume that if you put the slightest effort into taking care of your face, all your acne problems will be solved. We can only wish it was that simple. :rolleyes: It bugs me when people whine about their latest zits, or tell me how many pimples they have and where on their face the zits are located. I feel like laughing in disbelief! Yes, yes, I understand this is hard for them too... of course nobody likes acne. But come on, I'm standing there with severeacne, major break outs all over my face, and I can't help thinking "Yeah... you want to know how many zits I have?" Lol, seriously... :angel:

it's all relative, relax. someone in a developing country might tell you to stfu when you complain about how there's nothing to eat. or someone w/ skin cancer saying they'd switch for your skin problems immediately.

Guest Chrisâ„¢
Wow. This post makes ME a bit pissed off, tbh. I think everyone with acne deserves to be upset, not just the ones with severe acne. We may have it better off in your mind, but it sucks just as damn much.

Lol, Lyssa are you ready for round two? Jk, I'll refrain myself this time. :shifty:

Annique, I know exactly how you feel. You're not the only one trust me. Pisses me off beyond belief.

:rolleyes:

Do you have any idea what I would give to have your skin even when it's at it's worst.

:wub:

Ahh relativity. Its kinda like a kid who got B in an exam complaining to a kid who failed how badly he/she has done.

No doubt the kid who got B has a right to complain if he/she feels that the grade is too low for the amount of effort put in, but please choose the right person to complain to....

Dun make the kid who failed feel worse....

Just like many people with severe acne don't have concerns, many people with mild acne do. There is nothing wrong with expressing your feelings. If you aren't happy with your appearance or the condition of your skin then you have as much right as everyone else to be unhappy. And we are all here to learn, discuss and support regardless of the severity of our acne, or whether we even have acne or not!

I don't think you should mock other peoples concerns. Someone who had clear skin and suddenly has moderate acne can be just as devastated as someone who has suffered acne all their lives.

i just had to comment because this is a really insensitive and rude post. acne is acne, and you shouldn't discriminate or be biased based on the type. you are basically saying that only people with severe acne have the right to talk about it or be upset about it. i can see where it can get frustrating when you hear people blow things out of proportion and stuff, but acne effects everyone differently and people handle it differently. the fact that you are annoyed by people who are complaining about their mild acne is YOUR issue, not theirs.

also, it's a big mistake for you to be assuming that everyone with mild acne or 'one or two pimples' can get rid of it easily.

Just like many people with severe acne don't have concerns, many people with mild acne do. There is nothing wrong with expressing your feelings. If you aren't happy with your appearance or the condition of your skin then you have as much right as everyone else to be unhappy. And we are all here to learn, discuss and support regardless of the severity of our acne, or whether we even have acne or not!

exactly!

Edited by sophiena1143

while I can imagen it would be tough having cystic severe acne and every all the struggles those with it must have to go through lets all be on one side here :) Yes, its true we would all rather have one spot than 20 acne still sucks and its something that shouldn't be on our face. I am greatful that my acne has never been cystic but acne is still shitty. Lets stick together guys we are all on the same team to get rid of it!

hi, I just had to say I'm really sorry if this post offended anyone. I do understand that any level of acne is distressing and depressing, and good luck to all of you with treating it. I didn't mean to insult anyone, and also I originally posted it in the severe acne forum, it wasn't really meant for people with mild acne to read :redface: so, I'm really sorry if I offended some people :( it wasn't meant for that. It's mainly ad's like clearasil and neutrogena where they show a "before" pic of someone with acne and its like I can't even see anything on their skin. Sorry, but when u have skin that makes everyone stare at u and say "whats wrong with your face?" you would kill for normal skin with just a few pimples etc. I'm sure u must all understand how depressing it is for someone with practically perfect skin to moan about one spot? Its like being in a room with an obese friend and complaining that you need to lose a few pounds. But still, I guess I was being pretty insensitive... I'm rele sorry :(

I'm sure a lot of posters realize that there was never really any ill intent. I have mild acne, but I think anyone who has acne worries about it to some extent. It would be great if no one had to suffer from it, because it's really just awful to experience and go through it while some people don't have any skin worries or skin problems. I really get what you are talking about, and I can see how that could make you angry. You don't truly know the pain someone is going through unless you've experienced it yourself. Many of us have never experienced severe acne, so we have no idea how someone who has it deals with it on a daily basis.

Try to keep in mind that people with mild acne may be just as stressed out about it as people with severe acne.

well if they are they need help, im sorry but people should lighten up abit if its just one or two spots. I dont think he was mocking peoples concerns but just questioning why they are so concerned, which is fair enough

Edited by o_Adam_o

well if they are they need help, im sorry but people should lighten up abit if its just one or two spots. I dont think he was mocking peoples concerns but just questioning why they are so concerned, which is fair enough

I never said anybody was mocking anything. But I still stand by my post.

Sorry c'est i kinda quoted that wrong, i got the mocking bit out another message posted above, my apologies :) !.

Sorry c'est i kinda quoted that wrong, i got the mocking bit out another message posted above, my apologies :) !.

Haha, no worries. ; )

I want to do nasty things to them.

I put so much effort towards my skin and yet my results are crappy.

They don't do shit and their skin is perfect.

God I fucking hate them.

I wish they would suffer from severe cystic acne so they wouldn't feel so high and mighty and untouchable all the goddamn time.

They're fucking stupid man. They complain about stupid shit and yet they have nothing to complain about. "Oh... gas is so expensive."

That's nothing. We spend hundreds and hundreds a year on skincare products. God, when I think about all the money I fucking spent on something that didn't completely go away and just left brown and red marks I want to get a baseball bat and break a lot of things.

"Oh... I got a zit." Yeah, one fucking tiny little zit that's absolutely nothing. Try a shit load of cysts and scars. Idiots.

They have nothing to feel sad about. Nothing to feel angry about. Their skin is perfect and normal and calm all the time. Sure, they may be put in situations where they are disturbed and frustrated and angry but those situations are quite short and they can easily get out of it. But us? We have to deal with this shit on our faces every fucking day of our lives; it's on our minds 24/7.

It's not something we can just peel off and rub off as if it's an ink stain although we would like to think it's that easy. It's a fucking PART of us.

know how you feel!

however, they take it for granted. i.e dont think about it.

like when you run the tap for a glass of water, you dont think how easy it is or how lucky you are.

but yeh it is frustrating :(

I feel like that alot too... but I guess it is not there fault they don't have acne!

But I really feel like slapping my best friend who has perfect skin and complains when she gets ONE tiny little zit.