Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Boogiebanez

Accutane and Fade Cream?

Does anyone know if using Accutane and Fade Cream, specifically:

Palmer's Fade Cream

is a good/bad idea?

From looking at the box, it's got vitamins and sunscreen, but also has alpha hydroxy acids, although a pretty low amount. It's not intense or anything like that, really mild. I've used it before. However, I'm not sure if it's a good/bad idea WITH accutane.

Anyone got any idaes?

Thanks!

Don`t do it. It`s just that simple. AHA + Isotretinoin is a no go. Wait for 6 months after your cure until you use AHA acids. Even though this is not recommended either, I`d rather use a thin layer of benzoyl peroxide on your acne if you are desperate. But the best thing, in order to treat your skin nicely, is to only moisturize it and protect it.

Both AHA and benzoyl peroxide are breaking down structures in your skin, so go figure.

Does anyone know if using Accutane and Fade Cream, specifically:

Palmer's Fade Cream

is a good/bad idea?

From looking at the box, it's got vitamins and sunscreen, but also has alpha hydroxy acids, although a pretty low amount. It's not intense or anything like that, really mild. I've used it before. However, I'm not sure if it's a good/bad idea WITH accutane.

Anyone got any idaes?

Thanks!

I'm on day 19 of accutane and started using meladerm yesterday. I figure I'm still early in my treatment where my skin isn't so sensitive to react very badly to anything. And once I notice anything bad from the meladerm I'll stop. But so far I've used four applications and nothing bad has happened. BUT I'm not sure how bad it'll get, but I'm willing to risk it.

I'm a month into Accutane and I use Aqua Glycolic cleanser every day before I shower. Never had a problem. But then again, my skin's basically a beast in terms of resilience.

two weeks on tane and still using meladerm. perfectly fine. i see a little improvement in the marks for sure. my forehad is still much tanner than the rest of my body, but that will take time.