Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i read about it online and im giving it a try to see if it gives more results than AHA in treating red marks. with AHA i can see results but just kind of slow. i.e. its been half a year now im on AHA and the red marks have faded like 30%. at this rate its going to take another 1 - 2 years for them to fade completely.

also, how do u guys apply it? i just slice it up in thin patches and put it on my face.

i read about it online and im giving it a try to see if it gives more results than AHA in treating red marks. with AHA i can see results but just kind of slow. i.e. its been half a year now im on AHA and the red marks have faded like 30%. at this rate its going to take another 1 - 2 years for them to fade completely.

also, how do u guys apply it? i just slice it up in thin patches and put it on my face.

I tried it once. I just rubbed raw potato on my face. It didn't do much that way. So next time I try it I'm going to blend the potato and make a paste with it.

What AHA are you using?

I'm using 15% glycolic for like 3 days a week, removed loads of red marks on my neck and I've only used it like 8 times.

What AHA are you using?

I'm using 15% glycolic for like 3 days a week, removed loads of red marks on my neck and I've only used it like 8 times.

Dan's AHA 10% glycolic. i guess it wont make a big diffrence between 10% and 15%.

Btw David, I'm sitting here with potato on my face as I write this. I'll respond with results when I wash it off.

EDIT: No immediate change, of course. But I will continue to do this all week.

Edited by ulzzang

Btw David, I'm sitting here with potato on my face as I write this. I'll respond with results when I wash it off.

why waste time with stuff like this, any results will only be seen after months and maybe years.

get a proper treatment such as a peel.

why waste time with stuff like this, any results will only be seen after months and maybe years.

Because I can't afford it.

Edited by ulzzang

I tried it, it didn't do anything for my skin besides dry it out a bit. It only created an awkward moment when my family came home and asked why I was rubbing a potato on my face. LOL

stop buying potatoes and save up then.

if you can borrow some from your parents

get a job and save for a few months.

once you have 200-300 get a treatment

stop buying potatoes and save up then.

if you can borrow some from your parents

get a job and save for a few months.

once you have 200-300 get a treatment

You don't know what my financial situation is. I'm doing to best I can right now.

You can buy a good quality homemade glycolic peel for around $20 online...

Just follow instructions and be smart about it, don't be stupid and it'll be just as effective as a dermatologist.

I don't understand why people are being rude about it. If (s)he can't afford a peel/doesn't want to, that's HIS/HER business.

Leave [it] alone for god's sake.

I don't understand why people are being rude about it. If (s)he can't afford a peel/doesn't want to, that's HIS/HER business.

i agree with lyssa, remember that more risk is associated with more drastic measures. (i.e. some ppl's skin may not be suitable for chemical peels)

I've been doing the potato method all week. It ended up making my face really soft. I don't know if it's coincidence or not.