Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm currently using Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser and everything's going ok. However, I was curious if there's a wash out there that's even better. The only reason I'm concerned is because it contains SLS which is highly comedogenic and cetyl alcohol which is slightly comedo (correct me if I'm wrong on that).

I've been looking at other cleansers and found clean and clear sensitive skin and johnson and johnson's baby wash which have SLES instead of SLS.

What is everyone's recommendation?

Thanks!

I'm currently using Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser and everything's going ok. However, I was curious if there's a wash out there that's even better. The only reason I'm concerned is because it contains SLS which is highly comedogenic and cetyl alcohol which is slightly comedo (correct me if I'm wrong on that).

I've been looking at other cleansers and found clean and clear sensitive skin and johnson and johnson's baby wash which have SLES instead of SLS.

What is everyone's recommendation?

Thanks!

Hey,

this website might help too.

http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm

also, it is important to keep your skin at the right pH level, it is great that you are more conscious of the ingredients, (I use all organic- no paraben, sls, synthetic color or fragrance, industrial grade preservatives- if a product contains water, it has to use some kind of preservative, organic products usually use natural preservatives) Even some organic products aren't as great as they seem.

Always for the pH level, I refuse to use anything above 7. skin's natural pH should be around 4.5-6.5. (less than 7, could be slightly off on the .5 scale.)

I use ACV as a toner, so it helps to balance out the pH level.

:) hopefully this helped.

if you wanted to switch to the baby wash, i've used it for a long time, would recommend it. i like how easily it lathers, you only need to use a small amount, and it makes me feel really refreshed.

Cetyl alcohol has a comodogenic grade of about 2. Cetaphil is a light moisturizer and softener. Even though it's a 2 (out of 5), it keeps your skin hydrated. It is when your skin is stripped of it's natural oils that it overproduces oil to compensate and you start breaking out more. I haven't used it but my friend was using proactive and switched to cetaphil because her skin was so irritated and it's gotten so much better.