Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HereComesTheSun:)

Doesn't mattuh anymoe.

So I have been taking Minocycline for a few weeks, but there wasn't any improvement really.

I take tons of supplements because my mom was a nutritionist and she's really into that sort of thing. The supplements were all things that I was muscle tested positivley for, but I just got fed up a few days ago and thought, screw it, and I haven't taken them since. I had also been on a strict diet of water, fruit, vegetables, meat, seafood, and protein shakes/bars because foods always seemed to affect my skin, but I cheated on Thanksgiving and the following 2 days by eating white bread, dairy, and pie.

So my skin has only gotten clearer... (still have tons of blackheads, several spots on my back, and my face skin texture is less than desired, but with barley any spots)

Now I'm just contemplating if I should still go on accutane or not. My skin has sucked since 5th grade (Im a junior now) and it is genetic. My sister is in college and she still breaks out.

Do you think not taking the supplements just allowed my body to react better to the minocycline? - which is just a temporary fix... and I should still go on accutane?

Maybe it will make the whole accutane IB process easier, thatd be just lovley ^_^

sjkgahlkgjfkgn :think:

Edited by HereComesTheSun:)

You took antibiotics.

This killed ALL bacteria in your gut...GOOD and BAD.

Now your body needs to replenish the Good Bacteria or else it will become overwhelmed by bad bacteria, fungus, and yeast.

Skin problems are often a reflection of an unhealthy gut/intestines.

Try supplementing with a very high dose Probiotic (50billion organisms per capsule).

That may help you out.

And....I would stay away from Accutane. It only treats the symptoms, doesn't treat the cause of acne.

You took antibiotics.

This killed ALL bacteria in your gut...GOOD and BAD.

Now your body needs to replenish the Good Bacteria or else it will become overwhelmed by bad bacteria, fungus, and yeast.

Skin problems are often a reflection of an unhealthy gut/intestines.

Try supplementing with a very high dose Probiotic (50billion organisms per capsule).

That may help you out.

And....I would stay away from Accutane. It only treats the symptoms, doesn't treat the cause of acne.

I had been taking a probiotic but i feel like it wasn't allowing minocycline to work as well.. Last year I spent 8 months doing internal cleansing and all that good stuff but it did nothing for me, such a disappointment. Accutane is my very last resort.

Take Accutane; oily skin is a bitch and will never go away until you're like 40 or some shit; oily skin is the root of all acne; it doesn't matter if you never wash your face or eat 5000 calories a day of Twinkies and bacon, if the oil doesn't come out on your face you will never get acne; only Accutane will solve this.

Take Accutane; oily skin is a bitch and will never go away until you're like 40 or some shit; oily skin is the root of all acne; it doesn't matter if you never wash your face or eat 5000 calories a day of Twinkies and bacon, if the oil doesn't come out on your face you will never get acne; only Accutane will solve this.

Very true. Imma still do it. Thank you!

Vitamin B5 can fully take care of oily skin... According to studys. I wouldnt take it. Unless you have already tried every supplement topical etc...