Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MeAndMyMonkey

Accutane for back/chest acne

Ahh, so it has come to this. Currently in 10th grade, I am a body acne sufferer since about 7th grade. I clearly remember the day when I first noticed it. I showed my dad and he said don't worry about it. Well here I am, roughly 3 years later, with a hideous body and low self esteem to boot. I am very self conscious about my acne. I'm so sick of being depressed over little blemishes on my skin. It has cost me multiple relationships and has been a contributing factor into feeling suicidal.

Well now that we got that out of the way, I'll give you some info about my treatment. I started my accutane about 2 weeks ago and have not seen any positive things so far. I had very dry lips for the first couple of days, but they have gotten better. This could be due to the fact that I have been staying inside a lot though. I have also started to get a very dry scalp. But a little dandruff is manageable, I suppose.

As you can see from the pictures, I have a bit of scaring (or what I think is scaring).

So yeah, I don't know how often I'll update this, but I'll try to take a lot of pictures during the process.

Comments and such are welcome.

Thanks for reading,

Frankie

post-117483-1259480000_thumb.jpg

post-117483-1259480011_thumb.jpg

post-117483-1259480000_thumb.jpg

post-117483-1259480011_thumb.jpg