Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
strato

Using jojoba oil before BP?

I've heard that some people cleanse and then apply jojoba to prevent flakiness. After that they use bp and moisturize.

Why do they do this? I mean, you can use jojoba after BP as well... And isn't it making it harder for bp to penetrate with all the extra oil on the skin?

I've also noticed that when my skin is oily or wet, the bp just slips off and doesn't hook... (noticed this when spot treating)

Edited by strato

I use jojoba oil before BP. I personally prefer to do it this way rather than apply it after the BP because it keeps my skin from getting that taut feeling when the BP dries. The BP on top of the jojoba oil also reduces the shininess of the oil compared with using the oil after BP, so I don't need to blot as much.

I haven't had problems with getting the BP to dry or absorb into my skin with the jojoba on first. I've been using the jojoba oil under BP for a couple of years now, and I've stayed just as clear as I was in the year when I wasn't using the oil (using the same amount of BP the whole time). I agree that it seems like the oil would keep the BP from being as effective, but in practical terms, I certainly haven't found this to be the case.

I use a good amount of jojoba oil, maybe 10 drops or so. It's up to you what feels best. And yes, I do moisturize after the BP dries (sunblock too), but I don't need as much as I would if I hadn't used the jojoba oil.