Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does Dan's AHA cause purging when used as a night-time moisturiser? I'm using AHA as just spot treatment at the moment but I'm not sure whether to take the step and use it all over. Any suggestions?

Some people do purge a bit with the AHA, but not everybody.

your name slightly resembles vagina.

PS: whats a good moisturizer with an AHA? or an AHA to use as a moisturizer? thanks ;]

PS2: do you listen to Alizee? (french like ur name im guessing?)

Um, thanks? And no, I don't listen to Alizee. I have French ancestry, but I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois.

Also, Dan's AHA is specifically formulated to be moisturizing as well as exfoliating, so that's what I'd recommend.

Um, thanks? And no, I don't listen to Alizee. I have French ancestry, but I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois.

Also, Dan's AHA is specifically formulated to be moisturizing as well as exfoliating, so that's what I'd recommend.

Thank you for the information ;] im gona go for Dan's then.

God bless.

Thank you for the information ;] im gona go for Dan's then.

God bless.

It's good stuff. Hope you like it! : )

I plan to use it on my face. It's going well as a spot treatment but anyone got stories of full face application? How bad/long does purging last?

I am also very afraid of the dreaded purge, just ordered a tube of the aha and I hope for the best. I purged really bad when i started with dans bp about 4.5 months ago and now im finally almost fully clear and red marks are fading. Another bad purge would totally shatter me, the initial one got me very down and out =(

Well I've used it all over my face for two nights (a night apart each one) now and it's going well. It, as it says, does take care of flakes and I haven't had any purging as of yet so going good!

Just used my aha all over my face for the first time, had to put some moisturizer on after cause i didn't feel totally moisturized. It's been about two hour's and my face is still tingly. Hoping and praying i don't purge and that this helps.

I think I've had a little purge. I was using it as a spot treatment. I'm around the 4 month mark on the regimen now, but am still getting 1-2 spots per week (with no other bumps present). This is a remarkable improvement, but I want it to stop. Full stop. Because I want these blemishes banished, I thought AHA as a night-time moisturiser might do the trick. It's been three nights and I've only had 2 new spots occur, but one is a pustule by my mouth - I haven't had large spots for awhile so I think it must be the outcome of this change in my regimen. Should I stick it out, do you think?

By purging, do you guys mean the initial breakout that causes underlying acne / cysts to rise past the surface of the skin?

I have been using BP for about 2 years now, and then switched to Dan's exact regimen. I started out with the maximum dosage with AHA+. I did feel an initial purge, it wasn't too bad - my panic was even worse.

But I can definitely say that AHA and BP both have a purging effect.

Thank you, jarrit. This is what I mean. Is it how you would define 'purging', Welsh Lad? I'm crossing my fingers that mine doesn't do anymore than what it's doing currrently, as the general texture and appearance of my skin is so much better.

Some people do purge a bit with the AHA, but not everybody.

AHA's work deep down below your skin, as well as above so there MIGHT be some purging initially, but in my case there wasn't and the AHA lotion works really well. Mine is actually listed as a "wrinkle cream" LOL, but I use it for my acne. The great thing is it only takes a little and lasts about a year, which for $10 U.S. is a really good deal. You can also buy it online. Good luck everyone and keep searching for your answers if what you're doing is not working..... try something different! (That goes for everything in your life and mine!) :D

Edited by BarryAllen

i use 5% aha and i have had no purging at all. It has really helped prevent any inflammed acne but shit it is ever drying i can only use it at night under my moisturizer

By purging, do you guys mean the initial breakout that causes underlying acne / cysts to rise past the surface of the skin?

I have been using BP for about 2 years now, and then switched to Dan's exact regimen. I started out with the maximum dosage with AHA+. I did feel an initial purge, it wasn't too bad - my panic was even worse.

But I can definitely say that AHA and BP both have a purging effect.

Thank you, jarrit. This is what I mean. Is it how you would define 'purging', Welsh Lad? I'm crossing my fingers that mine doesn't do anymore than what it's doing currrently, as the general texture and appearance of my skin is so much better.

Yes this is exactly what I mean. Luckily after using it for 3 nights all over my face (with breaks inbetween) I haven't experienced any "purging". I think it would have happened by now so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I won't get it. Apart from that my skin is much more red and sore. I applied a full finger's length last night and woke up with quite a red face this morning, even though my skin was clearer and had a slight glow to it, which was nice lol. I'm going to keep using it but leave maybe 3-4 days before the next application!

i use 5% aha and i have had no purging at all. It has really helped prevent any inflammed acne but shit it is ever drying i can only use it at night under my moisturizer

Your acne is probably more on the surface. Many have cystic acne, and BP / AHA helps this quite a bit.