Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
redmarks911

New morning rutine - very dry skin

Helloo people ;)

I am on the Regimen, but it makes my face soo dry all day and thats why I only want to use it at night. I know if i use Jojoba Oil with the moisturizer it will moisturize my face, but it makes my face so horribly shiny, which I think is very annoying. So now I'm looking for a morning regimen that won't break me out and hopefully clear some red marks and won't make my acne worse and doesn't make my face shiny ;) Hmmm, sounds a lil' impossible, but i just want a morning rutine that won't make my face shiny but moisturize my dry skin and won't make my acne worse..

Any recommendations are appreciated ;)

Thanks

I apply jojoba oil to my face every night, and also experience a shiny face after using the product. What I'd recommend doing is patting your face dry gently using a clean towel. Your shininess should mostly disappear afterwards.

I haven't been on the regimen but I can only imagine how dry your face is right now. I tried the jojoba oil once and I hated how greasy and shiny it made my face. Perhaps you should just try to look for a really good moisturizer that won't clog your pores.

I use Dermalogica's Oil Control Lotion and I'm pretty pleased with it. It doesn't make me break out and it still keeps my face nice and moist without looking shiny. With all of the BP that you're putting on your face though...you might need something stronger.

Drinking lots of water might be a good idea too!

Hi Mercyunbound, yeah, the BP makes my face pretty dry.. I'm trying to stop using BP in the morning and only use it at night and see if that makes my face a little less dry, and won't make me break out, but i don't know, what I should use in the morning instead of BP..

Maybe I should take a look at that moisturizer.. Is your skin dry, oily or something in between?