Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AustinReed

Depression is only time im clear

I've had acne since 15\16. Im know 27. I've had my ups and downs. I have been clear 2 times. It was when I was battling depression. So, I started thinking of why that would be. Well, when you are depressed, you don't eat(for most). So I tried the the whole diet thing lost 20 lbs a time with no success. What else Could it be. When people are depressed they don't have sex or masturbate(hormones\testosterone). This is I believe to be a big trigger for me. Matter of fact, when ever I was battling depression my skin was so clear I stop looking for the causes of my acne or "the cure". I actually spent my time looking for my ED problem. I just didnt have the testosterone to get it up.

Well, there was another time I was kinda clear . It was after I just broke up with my girlfriend. I started lifting weight and eating alot of protein. I broke more then ussual all over. I ate peanuts like they were going out of style. I got these two big cysts around around my eye brows(i've heard peanuts break people out there). They kinda left some pigmetation(but not really scars). I wanted to speed up recovery healing time. So i read that cardio exercise can help speed healing. I was on a mission. I ran 2 miles a day, 5\6 days a week(a little weight lifting for toning). Really got my heart rate going, sweat alot too. i was eating alot though(no dairy though), so I really didnt drop alot of weight. I think I was over exercising. Which they say will lower your testestone. Again I had clead skin(except for those 2 scars\redmarks). I dont think I sped up healing time, because I was over exerciseing. But I did have clear skin everywhere else.

So, I had clear skin again. I decide I want to put on some muslce. Which meant less running, more hardcore weight lifting(creating higher testestorone). Boom, cysts and pimples!

Bottom line is I think High testostorone from lifting, and Sex\masturbation(release of testosterone) are the two big triggers! I just broke up with another girlfriend who like to have alot of sex, so I will let you know how things go. Plus I start basketball and play the whole game pretty much. So I think my testostorone levels should be quit low.

Any feedback would be apprieceted.

P.S. Sorry about the spelling!

Hmm.. this is a question I've been wanting to ask. I've had Mild Acne for about 6-7 years now and I've only been "Clear" once which was when I was quite fit and had been doing weights and exercising for just over a year. Not only did my Acne basically go but my body looked better and my confidence was basically shooting through the roof.. But, with all good things it must come to an end. I found a little thing called "weed" and after about a year of doing no weights, no exercising and eating tons of junk food my Acne is back and I've put on quite a bit of puppy fat. So, I reckon Acne does have something to do with Testosterone levels and I'm on my way back to my healthy state to find out too. Hope this helped!

AustinReed, two of my friends had depression. Both had acne, one had really bad depression and the other was only minimal. They were never into medication but they did try taking spirulina, a seaweed that is dried into tablets that can be purchased at the health food store. They took about 1/2 cup per day for the first 3 days. All of them said that by day 3, all the symptoms associated with depression was gone. I'm not sure if it was the DHA in the spirulina that helped or something else. Maybe you can Google it.

Edited by Dotty1

AustinReed, two of my friends had depression. Both had acne, one had really bad depression and the other was only minimal. They were never into medication but they did try taking spirulina, a seaweed that is dried into tablets that can be purchased at the health food store. They took about 1/2 cup per day for the first 3 days. All of them said that by day 3, all the symptoms associated with depression was gone. I'm not sure if it was the DHA in the spirulina that helped or something else. Maybe you can Google it.

They have this in bolthouse farms juices.

Lol, why would you want clear skin if you can't exercise and have sex?

Edited by venam

Dotty,

I dont think being depressed was the direct connection. It was what I wasnt doing when I was depressed. Depression isnt something you snap out of after 3 days. Its something you slowly climb out of. I doubt your friends were really depressed if ALL there sypmtoms were gone in 3 days. That sounds close to a miracle!

Did they stop having sex/masturbation?

Edited by AustinReed

Lol, why wouldn you want clear skin if you can't exercise and have sex?

Maybe to be able to show your face in public without being embarressed about a big pimple on your face. I never said no sex! Just having alot increases more dht and more testestrone release into the blood. I can exerise. I just can't try to put 10 lbs of muscle on in 2 months by doing heavy lifts.

Guest DireStraits
Lol, why wouldn you want clear skin if you can't exercise and have sex?

I just can't try to put 10 lbs of muscle on in 2 months by doing heavy lifts.

This is what happened to me as well. I can't go crazy with the weights otherwise just like yourself BAM! Painful cysts.

One way you could work your way around this is maybe to gradually-very gradually increase your lift load. You might still get a cyst but it'll definitely be smaller, and try taking around 50mg zinc when you are weight training.

Good luck

Edited by DireStraits