Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Geeking

Various Products & Lack of Info.

[Feel free to move if this isn't in the right section]

I really just want to express my frustration.

I have been learning quite a bit about products this past week by these forums [which I appreciate greatly :) ] and then I realize all of these products I've tried in the past have been giving me the run-around!! There is a lack of information out there and I think it's a damn shame.

I used to use a face scrub 2 times a day and I just learned today that that is really bad for your skin and the commercials & the products don't state otherwise.

Also ingredients, why do these companies put excess ingredients/chemicals that don't do any good and usually make things worse for people??

It's all a money game and it makes me angry.

Edited by Geeking

You basically just answered your own question: It's a money game.

Companies generally want you to use lots of their product, so acne product companies aren't going to tell you that using their product too often might make things worse. Hell, if it makes things worse, you might even buy more of it, thinking that you just need to use even more to get clear.

And, since all the companies are vying for customers, they just keep putting out new versions of the same old products: cleansers, moisturizers, and treatments. One treatment will be pretty basic, then they'll add something to it so that it'll be moisturizing, and market that as a whole new product. The next one will be moisturizing and have a refreshing scent so you'll want to use it in the morning. The next is made with unicorn tears. It's just different ways to market similar products, so that customers will go, "Ooh! Look at how fancy this one is!".

Just be glad that you're learning about what kind of products you do and don't want to use on your skin now. Better late than never, right? ; )

The next is made with unicorn tears. It's just different ways to market similar products, so that customers will go, "Ooh! Look at how fancy this one is!".

Just be glad that you're learning about what kind of products you do and don't want to use on your skin now. Better late than never, right? ; )

haha what C'est La Vigne said.

For me natural products are the way to go, I'm so glad I found this forum because I was completely blind from the damage Neutrogena and Clearasil were causing. I thought it would all go away if I used harshed chemicals and a gentle lather wasn't good enough to get aaall of the dirt out :naughty: I was wrooong.

Thank goodness for Acne.org amirite?: )

but I understand your frustration, I wish I knew about this stuff sooner!

The next is made with unicorn tears. It's just different ways to market similar products, so that customers will go, "Ooh! Look at how fancy this one is!".

haha what C'est La Vigne said.

For me natural products are the way to go, I'm so glad I found this forum because I was completely blind from the damage Neutrogena and Clearasil were causing. I thought it would all go away if I used harshed chemicals and a gentle lather wasn't good enough to get aaall of the dirt out :naughty: I was wrooong.

Thank goodness for Acne.org amirite?: )

but I understand your frustration, I wish I knew about this stuff sooner!

Sorry, but there are quite a few "natural" ingredients that are just as much, if not more irritating to your skin than synthetic ones.

Many people here preach about the use of lemon juice on skin, even though it causes needless irritation and is photosensitizing.

I used to use a face scrub 2 times a day and I just learned today that that is really bad for your skin and the commercials & the products don't state otherwise.

I was doing exactly the same thing until I joined this blog---I had to learn it the hard way. ( i used the worst scrub ever too- apricot scrub...ugh makes me sick when I think about what I was doing to my skin then)

I use all organic ingredients, and I am very cosmetics conscious, I look up EVERY ingredient and I ask companies for pH level.

two good websites that i use often to help me sort through harsh irritants in ingredients.

http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm

http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/

good luck!

AH! I was using the apricot scrub too

...thanks for the sites

Edited by Geeking