Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hbfashiongirl

Does anyone get red, dry, flaking eyelids when using BP?

I keep getting pimples right in the center of my eyebrows/ eye area & I apply my 2.5% BP over it (at night) & am always careful not to put it too close to my eyes, but if I don't put a thick eye cream on, my eyelids are sometimes red, dry & flaking (& even puffy & hurt slightly) in the morning.

And even sometimes when I put even an eye balm on, my eyelids are still slightly dry.

Anyone else have this problem & what do you do?

Yeah, this has happened to me in the past. Try to keep the BP away from your eyes as much as possible. The corner of my eyes would become very dry and moisturizer seemed to be the only thing that helped.

What I do is apply a very thin layer of Vaseline underneath my lower eye lid. It works as a great protectant, and keeps away the dryness..

I apply jojoba oil all over my face before BP (including eyelids and undereye), and after the BP dries, I apply Jason Naturals vitamin E cream to my eyelids and then use the Acne.org moisturizer + sunblock on the rest of my face. I don't use sunblock near my eyes because it's too irritating, so when I go outside, I wear sunglasses. This works very well at keeping my eyelids from getting chapped.

I'd also avoid wearing eyeshadow.