Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just needed a place to post my thoughts on my situation.

I have been struggling with acne for 3 years, ever since grade 6. (I am in grade 9)

Although it was verryyyy mild then, just a few pimples on my forehead or cheek, so I never did anything to really clear it up because it seemed to just go away on it's own.

In grade 7 & 8 it started to get really worse. I would have a lot of acne mostly on my cheeks, blackheads on my nose, and my upper lip was horrifying. I remember how long I would spend in the morning putting so much make up on to cover it up. I was so embarassed. :confused: Especially because all the other girls didn't have it bad like me. They all had flawless skin.

I have tried various facial cleansers suck as Biore, St. Ives apricot crub, Clearasil, Cetaphil, Oxy pads, and Neutrogena. I find neutrogena works well with my skin, so I have been using those products the most (Although they still haven't accomplished what I want)

I am currently in grade 9, and my acne has gotten worse. I have many whiteheads below the surface and blackheads on my cheeks. On my nose, Bone under my eyes, space between my eyebrows, and forehead I have maaaaany blackheads. I do have some pimples on my forehead and many on my chin. But that's not even the worst.

My upper lip is horrible. Right on the rim of my lip i have a line of maaany blackheads. My my nose I get pimples and whiteheads. When I look at my lip, it is covered with blackheads and it just makes me lose hope. Because it seems that it is a lost cause.

When I shower I use a facial acne cleanser. When I come out i don't even like to look at myself in the mirror because I am so ashamed. I look at myself and all my acne and I just feel like crying because it is so frustrating that nothing works. Countless times I let this get the best of me and I don't know what to do anymore. I look around and see all the girls with their beautiful flawless skin and I think Why can't I have that? Is there any hope for my problem?

I know a lot of people have it waaay worse, but really we are all the same. We are all suffering from the same thing, no matter how light or severe it is. It really makes me feel self concious when I go out. I am always thinking "My makeup has probably worn off. I bet they can all see my acne." This really takes a toll on my confidence and I just don't know what to do ! When I look at myself I just break down because I feel there's no hope.

I am not asking for flawless skin without any blemishes. I am just asking for clean clear skin. I can handle a few blemishes or blackheads, because I can get a spot treatment and clear them up easily. Just having all this acne at one time makes it worse. I feel like my face is dirty and gross, and it makes me feel disgusting knowing I have all this dirt in my pores, and you can see it too. :sick:

I am still trying many cleansers and some have either worked for a while and stopped, hardly worked, or made it worse. I just need a place to express my feelings, because this really gets to me. I hope that one day I find somthing that truly works & keeps my skin clean and clear. I hope we all do.

I am sorry this went on so long, But I have beeen keeping this inside so long I am just so frustrated and sad that anyone has to go through this and look this way ! ughh ! Thank you for letting me share this, it did help. :)

For blackheads try Queen Helenes Mint Julep Mask, it got ride of my blackhead on my nose after one use.

I wonder what's different about us who have acne and those who have flawless skin internally? :?

At least you don't have cysts; remember, it could always be worse, no matter what situation you may be in (it doesn't need to be acne related) and no matter how bad your situation may seem at any given point.

Just use some benzoyl peroxide and your mild acne will clear up like nothing.

Venting is a wonderful tool and we welcome it here. =)

We all go through tough times, whether you have severe or mild acne. Truth be told, it doesn't matter because all that matters is how it affects you. To change that, you have to find strength within yourself, but to cope...well, we are here for you. :comfort:

Don't give up, and don't lose hope. Hope is essential to most things in life. =)

And never, ever, forget that you are most certainly not ugly. I shall never believe that about a single soul here. <3