Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well, for about two years I was on differin and it did wonders for my skin! I still had about one active pimple at a time, but that would be absolute heaven compared to the current status of my skin. Anyways, about a year ago, I could no longer afford insurance, and therefore could not afford the astronomical price of differin gel. I tried to order differin online but got the cream, which made me breakout. Anyways, my skin is so horrid now that I'm willing to shell out the 160 or so for the differin cream as well as the derm visit. Anyways, I did not get an initial breakout the first time I tried differin. My skin actually started to clear right up immediately! Do you think that this same thing will happen this time around, considering how my skin reacted the last time? I really dread an initial breakout, because right now my skin is literally covered in acne, and I hide in shame 24/7. Blah. Any advice or comments would be incredibly helpful. Thank you.

Well, for about two years I was on differin and it did wonders for my skin! I still had about one active pimple at a time, but that would be absolute heaven compared to the current status of my skin. Anyways, about a year ago, I could no longer afford insurance, and therefore could not afford the astronomical price of differin gel. I tried to order differin online but got the cream, which made me breakout. Anyways, my skin is so horrid now that I'm willing to shell out the 160 or so for the differin cream as well as the derm visit. Anyways, I did not get an initial breakout the first time I tried differin. My skin actually started to clear right up immediately! Do you think that this same thing will happen this time around, considering how my skin reacted the last time? I really dread an initial breakout, because right now my skin is literally covered in acne, and I hide in shame 24/7. Blah. Any advice or comments would be incredibly helpful. Thank you.

Okay, well, I used Differin for 8 years and for the last 3 I also used Benzaclin topical gel. Long story short, one or both, probably both, really messed up my digestive system because the chemicals really do go into the skin and absorb into the body. I stopped using them in March of 2009 and now, eight months later, my acne is finally improving. After I stopped it got worse than ever. So, I TOTALLY relate to you about the blessed, blessed relief that comes with using Differin but at the same time, I don't want to see others poison their bodies and then have a long and painful period of detoxification and bad acne (and hives) like me. So, I recommend that you take advantage of your break from it and really brave starting to hone yourself a holistic approach that works with your body's state to clear your skin from the inside out. If you're up to shelling out for Differin, save yourself money in the long term and find a naturopath who has experience with clients with acne. Seeing a naturopath who could look at the whole picture and who had faith that I could heal was the best thing I've spent my money on in this whole long and arduous journey. So best, best of luck to you and take care of yourself. Rwink

Ohh wow, i've just been prescribed Differin by my GP - so I don't have any input into how it works for my skin as I haven't had the chance to even take it once yet - but i'm going to check how badly the Differin affects me in terms of poisoning. I might search for a Naturopath if all this doesn't work out.